PDA

View Full Version : WMD you ought to be ashamed of yourselves

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 01:19
~

See my reply on page 2 of this thread for an update

~

As an Aussie paying the ripoff Australia Tax I bought the game digitally for $99.00

Using controller on Xbox One, have not been able to complete a single race.

Karts are completely undriveable. So tried a new career using the Clio as suggested by some. Steering is using about 20-30% of the joystick's travel. Tried many suggested controller configs. Car still steers like using a digital d-pad.

I've driven high powered (not race) cars in the real world. They don't oversteer and spin off the track even with light braking on turn-in. So Pcars handling model is brake in a straight line or go off the track.

Played Forza to death since V2 and play Assetto Corsa on PC with Xbox controllers. Can't afford a decent steering wheel yet, was considering getting one for this game but see in the forums that wheel owners are having their own problems.

Digital copies bought from Xbox Live have no refund policy. Short of a long and convoluted and stressful process threatening legal action I am out a hundred dollars for a game I literally can't play. So wish I had bought a physical copy that I could return.

I've spent hours scouring forums and watching YouTube videos but just minutes in-game. I've been looking forward to this game for years and my anger, frustration and deep, deep disappointment at WMD is almost indescribable right now.

Just threw my controller at the wall so need a new one of those too.

I've been through many, many games that have release bugs over the years, but have never in my time come across a game that promises so much and delivers so little.

Ian Bell and team you should be hanging your heads in shame right now.

talby71
10-05-2015, 01:22
change your settings, when using a controller i'm playing fine, no issues
even when my settings were up the wall i could still manage a lap at least

these are my settings , still room for improvement though
in order from top to bottom

50 0 0 30 0 15 0 45 80 0 100

Joshua Healy
10-05-2015, 01:35
In addition to the suggested settings above, SMS are aware of the issues that are affecting the controller usage on Xbox and are working hard to isolate the problem and get a patch fix ready for it.

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 01:45
Wow you threw your controller at the wall because you couldnt play a game? Are you a child? Before posting in here did you think that you were the only one with this problem? Have a look around the forums theres temporary fixes, eg deadzones. Did you try the deadzone fix? No? cos you broke your controller and now on the forums complaining about it. Good stuff mate

Cyberstud007UK
10-05-2015, 01:53
I feel the same except mine is purely down to poor programing and clear lack of beta testing mainly. Ive been waiting for this game for a while now with the amount of times the title was put back. I have the Xbox One version and have only had it for 2 days now. This is what ive been getting. My car fell through the track and kept falling. If i looked up I could see the whole track with trees and buildings as i was falling. At the begining of a race ive had 2/3 cars literally piled on top of each other. Ive had cars drive through me like a ghost car and vice versa. The sound glitches a lot like a sampling lag. Ive had my steering just lock up on me and also had other cars stick to me and i cant get them off. Despite that the game lacks depth and atmosphere i think this is an outrage that developers can get away with selling what is clearly a broken game. My friends who were also waiting for the game to be released after many set back are also disappointed and my facebook page is awash with complaints. I told my friends everytime the release was put back that id rather them delay the game and get it right than release white elephant. So what exactly were you guys doing when you prolonged the release? Ive only played the game a few hours and had these problems on a console of all things. Your Beta testers must have come across all the problems your customers are experiencing. What did you say, dont worry about it release it anyway, once we have their money it aint our problem? Very disappointed from a developer with classic games under its belt like NFS Shift 2 etc. Poor show guys now what you gonna do to rectify this and pull your title out of the flames?

Sir Green Day
10-05-2015, 01:54
Just waiting for Elmo the mod to close this thread.

He closes any thread that says anything negative or questions the performance of the game in any way

If you notice, any WMD member (WMD by their name) will try to downplay any critisism of the game and then they close the thread.

Elmo amd the rest of the WMD kids, don't work for SMS. They're just PC players that paid real money to beta test the game. The WMD Portal is the infrastructure that supported this group.

I can't believe Ian or anyone at SMS condones these WMD kids that constantly overstep their boundaries.

Its sad what they're doing. A lot of American gamers are seeing all these complaints and are probably second guessing their decision to buy the game.

BazzaLB
10-05-2015, 02:00
Finally, someone referred to me as a kid. Its been many years since that happened. Oh to feel young again. Thanks. :)

Cyberstud007UK
10-05-2015, 02:05
If they cant take constructive critisism they shouldnt be in the business, period. Ive worked for SCEE and if they released a game as broken as this heads would of rolled mate trust me. Lots of people are second guessing buying the game, one friend is trading it in tomorrow after only having it 2 days. Just me ranting on facebook about it 2 people have said they might not bother. If youve made a porker then put your hands up and say SMS its how you respond and fix the problem is how you will be measured now. Not to mention your harming your future releases. Just cant get over the cheek. If i bought a brand new toaster and it was faulty id take it back and complain. If it wasnt fit for purpose id go to the manufacturer. Let em delete my post. Check out the internet complaints and reviews the fuse is already lit under this one. The question is has SMS got what it takes to blow it out? I hope so.

Im Sorry
10-05-2015, 02:07
Well said!

Im Sorry
10-05-2015, 02:09
Look at the Con of m4ns post.And he got banned!!!

Joshua Healy
10-05-2015, 02:11
Threads don't get closed for constructive criticism. They get closed when that turns into open bashing and insults.

Joshua Healy
10-05-2015, 02:16
If they cant take constructive critisism they shouldnt be in the business, period. Ive worked for SCEE and if they released a game as broken as this heads would of rolled mate trust me. Lots of people are second guessing buying the game, one friend is trading it in tomorrow after only having it 2 days. Just me ranting on facebook about it 2 people have said they might not bother. If youve made a porker then put your hands up and say SMS its how you respond and fix the problem is how you will be measured now. Not to mention your harming your future releases. Just cant get over the cheek. If i bought a brand new toaster and it was faulty id take it back and complain. If it wasnt fit for purpose id go to the manufacturer. Let em delete my post. Check out the internet complaints and reviews the fuse is already lit under this one. The question is has SMS got what it takes to blow it out? I hope so.

The head of studio himself, Ian Bell has posted openly in the forums thanking people for the bug reports and that the team is already hard at work sorting it out.
I'd say SMS themselves are handling the situation rather well so far, but they can't be on the forums 24/7 obviously and the people being affected are going to post louder than those who are trying to help, just a nature of life :)
As always, constructive criticism is always wanted and the more information given about the issue, the more likely it is that it'll get fixed.

Im Sorry
10-05-2015, 02:17
For a 40-50 game this company need to get the finger out.Plays like a Beta!!Complaining just gets you banned!!

c172fccc
10-05-2015, 02:22
For a 40-50 game this company need to get the finger out.Plays like a Beta!!Complaining just gets you banned!!

Complaining doesn't get you banned, attacking people and being disrespectful does.

Joshua Healy
10-05-2015, 02:23

As I said before, complaining or criticism won't get you banned... There have been many posts about certain aspects of the game that were received and advice was given.
It's when the "devs are crap, everything is useless" posts come out... That's what isn't acceptable.

TL;DR... You're free to hate the game if you like, but if you don't attack anyone you won't be banned.

Scav3nger
10-05-2015, 02:23
Just waiting for Elmo the mod to close this thread.

He closes any thread that says anything negative or questions the performance of the game in any way

If you notice, any WMD member (WMD by their name) will try to downplay any critisism of the game and then they close the thread.

Elmo amd the rest of the WMD kids, don't work for SMS. They're just PC players that paid real money to beta test the game. The WMD Portal is the infrastructure that supported this group.

I can't believe Ian or anyone at SMS condones these WMD kids that constantly overstep their boundaries.

Its sad what they're doing. A lot of American gamers are seeing all these complaints and are probably second guessing their decision to buy the game.

We will downplay non-constructive criticism because it does nothing to help fix the game. Look around, there's people providing constructive feedback getting likes and replies, and the people posting useless feedback, getting infractions and warnings.

If they cant take constructive critisism they shouldnt be in the business, period.

They can take constructive criticism, they're just getting a lot of non-constructive criticism in this sub-forum right now. Like I said, look around, it is there it's just getting buried.

Look at the Con of m4ns post.And he got banned!!!

He got banned for posting useless garbage in multiple threads.

Im Sorry
10-05-2015, 02:29
Look guys I know you want to stick up for this game but the released version really shouldn't be this.There's so much needing fixed!!

Joshua Healy
10-05-2015, 02:32
Look guys I know you want to stick up for this game but the released version really shouldn't be this.There's so much needing fixed!!

I know how frustrating it can be as well, getting a new game and a key part being bugged beyond belief... I remember the WatchDogs PC launch... Haha.

But things got fixed there for me, and I also know that things here will be fixed, especially the Xbox issues as the cause is being narrowed down as we speak :)

Even with the pre release testing, even though we had a large amount of backers... The number of people actively reporting issues was lower than that as we had a lot of people who just wanted to play the game without giving the feedback, and that was just PC.... Now that the game has hit the shelves, the devs have a much better idea of how the game runs for the masses so the fixes should be rolling in pretty soon.

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 02:32
If anyone feels it necessary they shoud go ahead and try for a refund/exhange of the game. Definitely there are issues and you have a right to be upset since you spent good money.

THAT SAID, the XB1 controller issue is identified and a fix is being prepared (Aldo/Elmo can u link?)

I'll also tell you that the entire team under Ian Bell are dedicated to bringing the best experience for all players. We W D "kids" have seen this first-hand since Oct 2011. Even in difficult situations they favor the community as much as they can. They are hard-working and can knock stuff out pretty quickly.

Please read Ian's comments, he's no phoney. My advice is to step away a couple of days and wait for the patch to correct the controller/audio and performance errors. But if you can get your money back or trade and you feel you'd rather do that then that is your decision. We hope you'll reconsider the game soon once these issues are quickly resolved.

Im Sorry
10-05-2015, 02:45
If anyone feels it necessary they shoud go ahead and try for a refund/exhange of the game. Definitely there are issues and you have a right to be upset since you spent good money.

THAT SAID, the XB1 controller issue is identified and a fix is being prepared (Aldo/Elmo can u link?)

I'll also tell you that the entire team under Ian Bell are dedicated to bringing the best experience for all players. We W D "kids" have seen this first-hand since Oct 2011. Even in difficult situations they favor the community as much as they can. They are hard-working and can knock stuff out pretty quickly.

Please read Ian's comments, he's no phoney. My advice is to step away a couple of days and wait for the patch to correct the controller/audio and performance errors. But if you can get your money back or trade and you feel you'd rather do that then that is your decision. We hope you'll reconsider the game soon once these issues are quickly resolved.

So if you don't like it get a refund!! Not a great business plan.

Im Sorry
10-05-2015, 02:55
People have been banned for stateing the obvious!!

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 03:07
Bro isnt it like 4am in scotland? Why dont you catch some sleep?

I said a refund is your right, but i suggested to stick with it. The programers can and will get this stuff solved quickly.

Dastrojan
10-05-2015, 03:44
Hi all. I don't normally post on forums but I feel like I wanted to say something this time. After coming home from work the other day I saw Project Cars on Xbox Live. I don't normally purchase big games digitally as I prefer to have a disc but having seen trailers etc and have finish Forza a while ago I brought it. I was excited at having a new racing sim but I'm now disappointed. I love the game and think it has the potential to be better than Forza or Gran Turismo or anything else I've ever played. It has weather and fuel usage and its crazy I love it. However the controls are so shocking I'm lost for words as to why it was released in this state. I couldn't play the main career due to the cart going every which way but where I wanted it. I then spent 4 hours or so altering settings, searching online and trying other peoples settings. I now have hit what I think it a sweet spot, or so I thought. I used a porsche on the Road America track in practice mode. I changed a setting and tested it and kept doing this until I was happy. I then played on another track with the porsche.... brilliant. The car drove around the tracks amazingly it was so much fun you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I then went back to the career mode, and the go kart wouldn't steer. It was now the opposite of what it was when I started. 4 hours of tuning setting which the developer should have done, and I still can't play the game. I've never been so frustrated in my life. I want to play a simulation racing game with fuel usage, weather effects, realistic style handling, and all that good stuff but I don't want a steering wheel. I have a monster of a PC but I prefer my games on my Xbox One, on the big screen with my home theatre, relaxing in my lounge suite with a coffee. I don't understand how Forza and Gran Turismo nailed the use of a controller and this missed the mark. Its like buying a new car and then being told you have to tune it and adjust it to drive it though. What the hell!!!

TenthDan
10-05-2015, 03:56
Hi all. I don't normally post on forums but I feel like I wanted to say something this time. After coming home from work the other day I saw Project Cars on Xbox Live. I don't normally purchase big games digitally as I prefer to have a disc but having seen trailers etc and have finish Forza a while ago I brought it. I was excited at having a new racing sim but I'm now disappointed. I love the game and think it has the potential to be better than Forza or Gran Turismo or anything else I've ever played. It has weather and fuel usage and its crazy I love it. However the controls are so shocking I'm lost for words as to why it was released in this state. I couldn't play the main career due to the cart going every which way but where I wanted it. I then spent 4 hours or so altering settings, searching online and trying other peoples settings. I now have hit what I think it a sweet spot, or so I thought. I used a porsche on the Road America track in practice mode. I changed a setting and tested it and kept doing this until I was happy. I then played on another track with the porsche.... brilliant. The car drove around the tracks amazingly it was so much fun you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I then went back to the career mode, and the go kart wouldn't steer. It was now the opposite of what it was when I started. 4 hours of tuning setting which the developer should have done, and I still can't play the game. I've never been so frustrated in my life. I want to play a simulation racing game with fuel usage, weather effects, realistic style handling, and all that good stuff but I don't want a steering wheel. I have a monster of a PC but I prefer my games on my Xbox One, on the big screen with my home theatre, relaxing in my lounge suite with a coffee. I don't understand how Forza and Gran Turismo nailed the use of a controller and this missed the mark. Its like buying a new car and then being told you have to tune it and adjust it to drive it though. What the hell!!!

See this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions&p=891824#post891824). Should give some assurance.

SMS wants to get it all fixed asap, but things still have to go through proper process, i.e. certification by first parties, testing etc. The controller issues were specific to the retail release and didn't appear beforehand unfortunately. Hang in there!

TenthDan
10-05-2015, 03:58
People have been banned for stateing the obvious!!

People have been banned for not showing respect or decency while communicating with others. Reporting issues is not a problem, we need to hear about them to ensure they're fixed. It's the way people go about doing that that gets them into trouble.

We don't tolerate creating a hostile environment, we do tolerate and encourage communication, constructive feedback (positive and negative) and being respectful and civil.

Schmegg
10-05-2015, 04:16
See this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions&p=891824#post891824). Should give some assurance.

SMS wants to get it all fixed asap, but things still have to go through proper process, i.e. certification by first parties, testing etc. The controller issues were specific to the retail release and didn't appear beforehand unfortunately. Hang in there!

I find this a bit of a strange statement to be honest.

You say that the "proper process" includes "certification by first parties", and more particularly, "testing", before it can be released to the public.

You say the "issues were specific to the retail release and didn't appear beforehand". Are you implying that the "retail release", which clearly has this "controller issue", was not tested? Or, was it tested and the bug not discovered?

I find it almost impossible to believe that this issue was not discovered before release. I have worked in software testing for many years and this issue would be blatantly obvious if rigorous testing was carried out. I rather think that all the testing was carried out with wheels, not controllers. And, if that's the case, then the testers should be dismissed and some competent people be found to replace them.

However, it's good to know that a fix has been found and is on it's way. I really want to love this game, but, as it is, I don't feel at all enamoured as it's impossible to become immersed in the gameplay.

I'm 'hanging in there though' - with the hope that it will be awesome soon and that the testers will be looking for new jobs.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 04:20

Thank you Umer and other helpful people for your kind replies.

Firstly of course I don't blame WMD for me breaking my controller; however that is symptomatic of a level of frustration that is something I haven't felt in a very, very long time.

My background is in software development, as a BDM for a multinational company, and although I am not a coder and it was not with the gaming industry, I have had a lot of experience working closely with software development teams. As such I am well aware of the complexity and challenges facing the everyday, very hardworking and committed people that work long hours writing, debugging and iterating software code. In my opinion it is the testing phase that is fatally flawed across much of the gaming industry.

To the other troll, re-read my entire post; I have tried many combinations of suggested configurations, and none can overcome the bad code and bugs that are ruining this otherwise amazing game.

I will wait until the first patch comes out and then re-evaluate the game; if it is still broken then sadly I will seek a refund.

The level of candour and communications with which Ian and the moderators are displaying here is giving me some faith that these are sincere people, (an example that other gaming developers and publishers should take note of) and hopefully very soon this will be resolved. Otherwise Dan Greenawalt and Kazunori Yamauchi will be smiling all the way to the bank later this year...

TenthDan
10-05-2015, 04:47
I find this a bit of a strange statement to be honest.

You say that the "proper process" includes "certification by first parties", and more particularly, "testing", before it can be released to the public.

You say the "issues were specific to the retail release and didn't appear beforehand". Are you implying that the "retail release", which clearly has this "controller issue", was not tested? Or, was it tested and the bug not discovered?

I find it almost impossible to believe that this issue was not discovered before release. I have worked in software testing for many years and this issue would be blatantly obvious if rigorous testing was carried out. I rather think that all the testing was carried out with wheels, not controllers. And, if that's the case, then the testers should be dismissed and some competent people be found to replace them.

However, it's good to know that a fix has been found and is on it's way. I really want to love this game, but, as it is, I don't feel at all enamoured as it's impossible to become immersed in the gameplay.

I'm 'hanging in there though' - with the hope that it will be awesome soon and that the testers will be looking for new jobs.

Yep as odd as it sounds that's what happened, bug didn't appear in testing.

To help, we actually saw this on occasion during the WMD development phase. The dev build fork would be fine but the gold builds the members tested saw bugs not reproducible in the dev builds!

FuriousDemon
10-05-2015, 05:17
Thank you Umer and other helpful people for your kind replies.

Firstly of course I don't blame WMD for me breaking my controller; however that is symptomatic of a level of frustration that is something I haven't felt in a very, very long time.

My background is in software development, as a BDM for a multinational company, and although I am not a coder and it was not with the gaming industry, I have had a lot of experience working closely with software development teams. As such I am well aware of the complexity and challenges facing the everyday, very hardworking and committed people that work long hours writing, debugging and iterating software code. In my opinion it is the testing phase that is fatally flawed across much of the gaming industry.

To the other troll, re-read my entire post; I have tried many combinations of suggested configurations, and none can overcome the bad code and bugs that are ruining this otherwise amazing game.

I will wait until the first patch comes out and then re-evaluate the game; if it is still broken then sadly I will seek a refund.

The level of candour and communications with which Ian and the moderators are displaying here is giving me some faith that these are sincere people, (an example that other gaming developers and publishers should take note of) and hopefully very soon this will be resolved. Otherwise Dan Greenawalt and Kazunori Yamauchi will be smiling all the way to the bank later this year...

Just don't set your expectations too high on that first patch. It will not fix every bug, just the major ones for now, but like Ian said, they are in it for the long haul, so things will improve over time. I'm sure if you look at first public versions of GT and iRacing things weren't always perfect from the get-go.

Anyway, I get your frustration as a customer and hope things improve for you very soon! I play on PC personally and honestly there are some issues there, but nothing that prevents me from enjoying the game.

Olijke Poffer
10-05-2015, 06:57
I love the game. Even with some bugs. It is great to hear the team is on bug hunt and will continue to do so.
It is gonna be a great year. Thanks for bringing a game like this.. And good luck with chasing down the nasty bugs.

AsHeavenIsWide
10-05-2015, 07:17
Try get a refund guys (if you can) or wait like me. It might be awhile before a patch goes live on XB1

No point getting worked up over somthing you cant help. Best people can do is go write reviews of the game so people can make there own decision before buying

Ironfistedmonk
10-05-2015, 07:44
Just for a bit of balance, Forza 5 was released with default xbox controller settings that didn't work for me and messing around with the settings and a Microsoft controller firmware update was needed before I could use it properly.

I'm hopeful the patch comes soon as I have up to date firmware and the deadzone at 0 and the game is still unplayable for me

Dastrojan
10-05-2015, 11:27

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Despite the bugs and the controller issues I want to say thanks for a brilliant game. I can see that once this issue have been resolved, I will be one of the best if not the best racing sim out or at least on Xbox One. Proof of this is that although I can't play the campaign I can change the settings so that I have good control on the more open tracks in practice mode. I smile so much my face hurts because I love the sound of the motor, how the car bounces and skips over the bumpy parts of the track, even things like the water temperature and oil pressure gauges work and change as you fly around the track. I've never had so much fun and was so amazed at all the little details that most people would miss. So, despite being very sad and frustrated at the problems the game has, I still go back to do just that one more lap! Well done to SMS, the bar is definitely set very high for car racing games. I will be eagerly waiting for that controller fix.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 11:35
How many times in life does someone you just paid $ for their product or service suggest a refund? Like..umm...never?!

What's done is done and there is only looking froward.

Ian and team -> RESPECT+

No refund I'm gonna wait this out.

(yes I've cooled down a LOT lol. :o And even a blind man can see this has the potential to be the best racing game ever)

steve moore
10-05-2015, 11:38
Same issue on PS4

mitch09
10-05-2015, 13:08
Anyone remember the bugs on RacePro?! That seemed to be a forgotten game!

Give them time people. They had a tenth of the budget Forza or GT have to make their titles

steve moore
10-05-2015, 13:14
Terrible game, truly shocking, I have never come across a game so unfinished as this one, downloaded it 3 days ago, I've now deleted it.

Karlman 72
10-05-2015, 13:25
To be honest I've had not one single problem with any bugs on my xb1 yet and been playing pretty much all weekend

Scav3nger
10-05-2015, 13:41
Terrible game, truly shocking, I have never come across a game so unfinished as this one, downloaded it 3 days ago, I've now deleted it.

Obviously you never played the Master Chief Collection...

feeling
10-05-2015, 15:02
Having being involved in the PC development from nearly day one, I could see the progress being made. I bought on xbox one which was QA'd by a third party, and it is a different game. Game breaking bugs and uncontrollable. It feels unpolished and clunky. Features missing that were promised, like coop play and mp lobbies.

I have requested a refund from Microsoft as I feel it is not worth the 49.99 on the digital store. I may pick it up again when it has been patched and on sale.

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 15:06
Having being involved in the PC development from nearly day one, I could see the progress being made. I bought on xbox one which was QA'd by a third party, and it is a different game. Game breaking bugs and uncontrollable. It feels unpolished and clunky. Features missing that were promised, like coop play and mp lobbies.

I have requested a refund from Microsoft as I feel it is not worth the 49.99 on the digital store. I may pick it up again when it has been patched and on sale.

Not being apart of the WMD I actually emailed some of the guys at SMS to lend a hand with the Xbox one testing (as I've had experience in this area with Fifa and Football Manager) whilst possessing a TX and was greeted with no response. Maybe a beta would have been a better way to go with Xbox one version.

trotski 62
10-05-2015, 15:19
I came across this game on Pc But it was closed then I heard about it coming to the xbox one, well I waited this long for it to come out so a little more time for them to correct the bugs won't hurt its a great game when it works so much better than forza. Just give them a chance to correct it.

Captain_Swoopty
11-05-2015, 03:54
OP you non-contributing product sponge c*nt.... don't like it, don't play it and take your punk a** back to mario kart... No need to come all up in here and tell us the game sucks because you can't play it worth a damn.... GTFO

EVERY damn game forum there are always THOSE people who think the world owed them some shit.... I'm all for constructive criticism, as well as goin out of my way to help people. But the people that out right just badmouth developers because they didn't make a game that you are just magically OP at and MLG compared to every body else ain't THEIR damn fault.... let's go see you whip your own damn ford Taurus around a race track and see your amazing skills there!

(Probably one of those people you see with snow tires on their car come mid-june)

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 04:19
OP you non-contributing product sponge c*nt.... don't like it, don't play it and take your punk a** back to mario kart... No need to come all up in here and tell us the game sucks because you can't play it worth a damn.... GTFO

EVERY damn game forum there are always THOSE people who think the world owed them some shit.... I'm all for constructive criticism, as well as goin out of my way to help people. But the people that out right just badmouth developers because they didn't make a game that you are just magically OP at and MLG compared to every body else ain't THEIR damn fault.... let's go see you whip your own damn ford Taurus around a race track and see your amazing skills there!

(Probably one of those people you see with snow tires on their car come mid-june)

No need for that attitude, criticism follows the same rules for both sides of the argument. Keep it civil everyone.

jonnotheone
11-05-2015, 09:45
Wow...i have just read every comment on here and all I can say is wow..i to am a little disappointed with the game/sim not for how I plays CUs iv had very little problems with it the only issue I have is all the silly little glitches and bugs one very big glitch I noticed was at zolod I believe its called were I was in a garage but no garage appears yet on drive out it rams me in to an invisible wall and on Donnington park overhead power cables seem to just go in to the road for what ever the reason and yes the dreaded steering turning on its own but you know what I did I posted my glitches bugs and problems and await a reply if I don't have a reply in a few days I will then escalate it.stop all the hating give them a few weeks and if its still shoddy then ill be aggressively complaining after spending 59.99 on the game...(and no I don't work for wmd or sms just a normal gamer wanting the best)...my pennys worth....

onimoD
17-05-2015, 12:28
How many times in life does someone you just paid $ for their product or service suggest a refund? Like..umm...never?!

What's done is done and there is only looking froward.

Ian and team -> RESPECT+

No refund I'm gonna wait this out.

(yes I've cooled down a LOT lol. :o And even a blind man can see this has the potential to be the best racing game ever)

Good to see you've chilled a bit Greg. ;) I've seen a few bugs myself and had to spend some time setting things up. I'm going to have to spend a lot more time still, because there's just so much that you can configure. Already though this is the best racing sim I've played (previously into PGR, F1 and Forza). I just wanted to say that if you're into racing games, regardless of whether or not you stick with pCars, investing in a wheel will multiply your enjoyment of the genre ten-fold.

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 12:34
My first modern racing game was Shift1 but i let it sit on my desk shrink-wrapped for a couple of months so i could save up $300 for a G27 wheel.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 12:37

I have made the top 10 on every track I have actually tried and the game is still awful.

oscarolim
17-05-2015, 13:14

So, how many heads rolled when Driveclub was released?

This game is difficult, but far from unplayable. Of course is not an arcade game like driveclub or nfs rivals, so you actually need to spend time to learn the car and the track. Is not full throttle all the time.

AsHeavenIsWide
17-05-2015, 13:21
Thing is its not even one or two bugs, its like 15+. More are being found everyday. 1 or two bugs you can accept but not this many.

Its pretty obvious it was not tested properly. Sure these issues might be fixed but we all know it takes forever to get them released on XB1.

FA RACING 01
17-05-2015, 14:33
My first modern racing game was Shift1 but i let it sit on my desk shrink-wrapped for a couple of months so i could save up $300 for a G27 wheel.

Was a nice game actually. Still got F-Horizon 2 wrapped since it's release closing in on two years ago, fearing game save will get lost in the cloud as happened with so many others. Now there's a "bug" to complain about.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 14:34
So, how many heads rolled when Driveclub was released?

This game is difficult, but far from unplayable. Of course is not an arcade game like driveclub or nfs rivals, so you actually need to spend time to learn the car and the track. Is not full throttle all the time.

Have they even released that free version that they promised?

Birdman
17-05-2015, 14:35
Still no update on the update in the past 5 days if that makes any sense.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 14:45
Still no update on the update in the past 5 days if that makes any sense.

We had an update, it was passed to MS. There will be no news till MS are ready to release it. I would assume that will be Monday/tomorrow.

Scav3nger
17-05-2015, 14:54
I would assume that will be Monday/tomorrow.

When it comes to Microsoft I try not to assume anything.

oscarolim
17-05-2015, 19:23

Not yet. Will only believe that when I see it.

chillgreg
27-08-2015, 19:10
Sorry I can't edit the thread title, or I would say " Best of luck SMS, thanks for trying but I'm done :("

~

I think I've gotten less than an hour's gameplay for a hundred dollars. Just can't bring myself to fire it up anymore, the initial controller debacle and constant bugs have drained my resolve, enthusiasm and support for this studio.

Was debating with myself to ask MS for a refund, but the hassle of 1/2 an hour with a Filipino call centre isn't worth it. Looking forward to Forza. Can't stand Greenawalt but at least I'll get what I paid for.

Sorry Ian - you're a stand up bloke, but this game has broken my heart. :(

Umer Ahmad
27-08-2015, 19:18
We all need a break now and then. Check back later and see if it improves for you. Patches will be delivered throughout the year and next year.

bc525
27-08-2015, 19:20
But don't wait too long! The Chicago Cubs are winning, and that can only mean that the end of the world is near.

mitch09
27-08-2015, 19:36
Sorry I can't edit the thread title, or I would say " Best of luck SMS, thanks for trying but I'm done :("

~

I think I've gotten less than an hour's gameplay for a hundred dollars. Just can't bring myself to fire it up anymore, the initial controller debacle and constant bugs have drained my resolve, enthusiasm and support for this studio.

Was debating with myself to ask MS for a refund, but the hassle of 1/2 an hour with a Filipino call centre isn't worth it. Looking forward to Forza. Can't stand Greenawalt but at least I'll get what I paid for.

Sorry Ian - you're a stand up bloke, but this game has broken my heart. :(

There is nothing wrong with the bloody game that would deem it unplayable. You're nothing more than a keyboard warrior who wants to get a reaction from devs. From what you have written, you haven't even given the game a chance because you havent even learnt to play the game. This title is not some assisted driving game like Forza, its a sim, it is supposed to feel different!!

There is nothing wrong with the bloody game........

TAGS Battfink
27-08-2015, 19:42
The game does have issues so your wrong in saying theres nothing wrong with it but yeah, this guys talking out of his arse. The game is more than playable and the actual driving experience is unmatched on xbox one.

KK78

The one that Sony promised? Yeah a few months back, still it only sold 2 million before that :rolleyes:

nwrlchargerl
Mitch 09* you make both valid and invalid points. Yes your right in saying nothing deems the game unplayable but when you say there is nothing wrong with the game... it is a mess, there's a lot of work that needs to be done, there's plenty of perks don't get me wrong but the bugs, glitches and bullshit do overcome the perks a lot of the time. Really can't wait for patch 3.0.

Schnizz58
There is nothing wrong with the bloody game that would deem it unplayable.
Not quite true. There is a bug that prevents you from saving setups on certain tracks. That pretty much stops you dead in the water.

There's plenty wrong with it, just look at the release notes. Things are being fixed but to say nothing is wrong is as big of an exaggeration as chillgreg made.

Bigsteviet
27-08-2015, 19:52
+1 to OP

beetes_juice
27-08-2015, 19:57
Not quite true. There is a bug that prevents you from saving setups on certain tracks. That pretty much stops you dead in the water.

There's plenty wrong with it, just look at the release notes. Things are being fixed but to say nothing is wrong is as big of an exaggeration as chillgreg made.

What track can't you save setups on? Been trying to reproduce that myself.

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 20:04
What track can't you save setups on? Been trying to reproduce that myself.
Well it's different for different cars. Take a look at this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One&p=1089366&viewfull=1#post1089366

I have since then deleted my profile again to restore proper operation for the time being. I've been trying to find a way to reproduce it myself. The best I can offer right now is that it may have something to do with saving setups to all tracks minus a few (i.e., select all tracks, unselect a few you don't want to save to and then save). It may also have something to do with my Xbox timing out due to inactivity and switching off while I'm in the game (not from the Xbox dash). I have disabled that behavior in Xbox options and it hasn't re-occurred yet.

chillgreg
27-08-2015, 20:07
We all need a break now and then. Check back later and see if it improves for you. Patches will be delivered throughout the year and next year.

Thanks Umer.

grrrillapmp
27-08-2015, 20:10
There is nothing wrong with the bloody game that would deem it unplayable. You're nothing more than a keyboard warrior who wants to get a reaction from devs. From what you have written, you haven't even given the game a chance because you havent even learnt to play the game. This title is not some assisted driving game like Forza, its a sim, it is supposed to feel different!!

Not sure if serious...

motorhead
27-08-2015, 20:11
You must be having a laugh!

chillgreg
27-08-2015, 20:14

Insulting others must get you far in life.

My OP was in MAY when I said it was unplayable (with a controller).

Now I'm just weary. I have plenty of other games and things to do in life apart from fighting with a buggy game that I dropped $100 on.

When I buy some shoes and the heel falls off I take them back. You are happy to keep walking on them waiting for a new heel to be made. People have different standards pal.

mitch09
27-08-2015, 20:15
No: there is nothing wrong with this game that makes it "unplayable".

Ive been part of an Australian Forza forum/community (OZFM) for a long time where I have organised and participated in dozens of organised series, and over that time have criticised T10, and the amount of "compromises" we have to make to play their game.

Now whilst those compromises we've had to make in Forza differ from those on pCars, deeming this game is "unplayable" with major issues is rubbish (IMO).

I stick with my opionion because:
- I can start the game, create an online room. Others can join, we can race. This is playable!
- Yes, there are drop out moments HOWEVER, compared to Forza, drop out frequencies are no more or less! Networking conflicts will always plague a game, no matter what.
- I see both controller and wheels on the leaderboards. This suggests that pCars is playable! I am on the wheel, and whilst there have been changes, at no stage has any apparant issue stopped me from playing pCars. I can turn the wheel on and drive a car. Ive setup the wheel how I like it, I have the perfect amount of steering weight and feedback, where compared to Forza which is nothing more than a 1970's-esqe non-power steer Muscle Car that loads up to shit when the wheel is turned. I spose that isnt an issue as such - its just shit from the start.
- Personally, I havent had any tuning setups not save or change on me. I know this because Ive always written and stored my tunes on a spreadsheet anyway, and always check.
- I dont do single player stuff, so I cant comment on issues there.

But remember folks, 3.8m is what was spent on this game. Compared to how "polished and refined" Forza is supposed to be, what an awsome effort. Im not ignoring the dramas the devs have had, BUT the improvements are there, and are worked on. Unlike T10 who charge us squillions for DLC, yet dont fix or improve their game in areas the whole community screams out for. WMD do.

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 20:19

I dont do single player stuff, so I cant comment on issues there.
Ah, but you already did. You said there was nothing that makes the game unplayable when in fact there are things that make it unplayable. Just because you can do something in the game doesn't mean that everyone can.

bluesky0870
27-08-2015, 20:23

I stick with my opionion because:
- I can start the game, create an online room. Others can join, we can race. This is playable!
- Yes, there are drop out moments HOWEVER, compared to Forza, drop out frequencies are no more or less! Networking conflicts will always plague a game, no matter what.
- I see both controller and wheels on the leaderboards. This suggests that pCars is playable! I am on the wheel, and whilst there have been changes, at no stage has any apparant issue stopped me from playing pCars. I can turn the wheel on and drive a car. Ive setup the wheel how I like it, I have the perfect amount of steering weight and feedback, where compared to Forza which is nothing more than a 1970's-esqe non-power steer Muscle Car that loads up to shit when the wheel is turned. I spose that isnt an issue as such - its just shit from the start.
- Personally, I havent had any tuning setups not save or change on me. I know this because Ive always written and stored my tunes on a spreadsheet anyway, and always check.
- I dont do single player stuff, so I cant comment on issues there.

But remember folks, 3.8m is what was spent on this game. Compared to how "polished and refined" Forza is supposed to be, what an awsome effort. Im not ignoring the dramas the devs have had, BUT the improvements are there, and are worked on. Unlike T10 who charge us squillions for DLC, yet dont fix or improve their game in areas the whole community screams out for. WMD do.

The bold text speaks for itself...

And I don't mind how many money any developer/publisher puts into his game, I only expect it to function as advertised. Clearly not the case...

mitch09
27-08-2015, 20:32
Insulting others must get you far in life.

My OP was in MAY when I said it was unplayable (with a controller).

Now I'm just weary. I have plenty of other games and things to do in life apart from fighting with a buggy game that I dropped $100 on.

When I buy some shoes and the heel falls off I take them back. You are happy to keep walking on them waiting for a new heel to be made. People have different standards pal.

No.

What gets me a start "pal" is those winge and bitch about a game that they have only spent an hour on.

My standards are high, and this game is awsome.

Check the leaderboards. Controllers aplenty. You have spent an hour on the game. If you play the game, you might actually get used to how this game works on the controller, just like many who dominate the LB's.

Nothing personal against yourself, sorry for the insult but as a gamer who spends 99.9% of time playing the game, not on bloody forums, I am just about over unfair criticisms on this title.

And as far as the other crap ive copped for my first comment, I dont read into it too much.

Sasquatch
27-08-2015, 20:35
I just got to say this, and then i'm out. Because the Xbone section is pretty much like gamefaqs at this point.

Just threw my controller at the wall so need a new one of those too.

Yes, that actually solves an issue.

Good luck XBONE folk!

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 20:37
I dont read into it too much.
Figures

OverHaased
27-08-2015, 20:37
There is nothing wrong with this game...

ranks up with other famous statements

"This ship is unsinkable, (ehrm what iceberg ?)" Edward John Smith captain of the Titanic

"This is the safest form of air travel man shall ever devise, excuse me there seems to be some commotion about" Max Pruss captain of the Hindenburge

"The Japanese could never attack this installation" Admiral Husband E. Kimmel commander Pacific Fleet Honolulu Hawai 1941

Pressure Drop
27-08-2015, 20:40
Haven't read through all the pages of this topic, but if you go to the link here, there is a controller configuration guide for the xbox one, which fixes the controller. READ the full first post and implement it into your settings. The controller will then be fixed. Trust me, it was unplayable for me aswell at first. Once you use this guide, the problem is solved.
Here's the link.... (ignore the thing about the file size of your game, as this bit is now out of date)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

KK78
27-08-2015, 20:44
Mitch, you got any more of them rose tinted glasses? ;)

Seriously man while the game ain't technically broke for most, and is for me at least more enjoyable than it is frustrating, you don't have too look far to find a raft of issues to which the actual devs themselves have acknowledged.

nwrlchargerl
27-08-2015, 21:01
No matter what game you play from release they're always gonna have bugs. Game servers become overloaded, need updating. Hense why every creator should release atleast 2 weeks of beta so they can get a rough idea from the community, not the quality team.

As for the game being unplayable, that's a load of crap, had many good races, the controller is fine. It has been for me since the beginning because I put the time in to configure it properly. If a lobby is bugging out, hard reset your console. In total it will take maybe 3 minutes to get back onto project cars? It's a much easier solution than overloading the forum with the same complaints.if you want help with controller setups or even car setups il gladly help along with others.

As for single player my opinion doesn't count as I haven't got a clue what it's like, haven't touched it, my post is solely towards online racing.

mitch09
27-08-2015, 21:07
Mitch, you got any more of them rose tinted glasses? ;)

Seriously man while the game ain't technically broke for most, and is for me at least more enjoyable than it is frustrating, you don't have too look far to find a raft of issues to which the actual devs themselves have acknowledged.

Yes BUT my point was the game is PLAYABLE!!! There are some dramas, but the claim of being UNPLAYABLE by those who have only spent an hour on the game is rubbish.

I use the term keyboard warrior, as more tume is spent on forum winging as opposed to finding out how to play the game.

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 21:08
Yes BUT my point was the game is PLAYABLE!!! There are some dramas, but the claim of being UNPLAYABLE by those who have only spent an hour on the game is rubbish.
And I already explained that it isn't.

mitch09
27-08-2015, 21:09
And I already explained that it isn't.

After an hour?

I argue this..!!!

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 21:12
After an hour?
No.

bluesky0870
27-08-2015, 21:13
After an hour?

I argue this..!!!

Better try other medicine, the one you got recently seems to be bad.

mitch09
27-08-2015, 21:23
^^^^^ get over yourselves.

My opinion stands.

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 21:27
I've demonstrated why it's wrong.

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 21:27
Closed.

Put the pitchforks away guys.

Umer Ahmad
27-08-2015, 21:42
But don't wait too long! The Chicago Cubs are winning, and that can only mean that the end of the world is near.

Dont jinx it! Go Cubs go, go Cubs go, hey Chicago whaddya say Cubs are gonna win today!

http://youtu.be/A9XtDyDUjIU

OverHaased
27-08-2015, 22:10
Dont jinx it! Go Cubs go, go Cubs go, hey Chicago whaddya say Cubs are gonna win today!

http://youtu.be/A9XtDyDUjIU

Cubs are losing to our Giants 1 to 5 bottom of the eighth,... Gooooo Giants

bc525
27-08-2015, 22:43
Cubs are losing to our Giants 1 to 5 bottom of the eighth,... Gooooo Giants

Okay that ended up being a 9-1 beatdown, but the Cubs lead the season series against the Giants (I think it's 6 games to 2 as of now). As a Cubs fan I don't really have any trash talking abilities, so I'll just say "Go Cubs Go!"

Next up, a series with the LA Dodgers.

OverHaased
27-08-2015, 22:47
Okay that ended up being a 9-1 beatdown, but the Cubs lead the season series against the Giants (I think it's 6 games to 2 as of now). As a Cubs fan I don't really have any trash talking abilities, so I'll just say "Go Cubs Go!"

Next up, a series with the LA Dodgers.

Well next week us Giants fans will all be huge cubby fans, I mean like "I love the Cubs, been a fan all my life" kind of fan. I hate the dodgers more then I hate cancer.

chillgreg
27-08-2015, 23:41

I use the term keyboard warrior, as more tume is spent on forum winging as opposed to finding out how to play the game.

You seem to have a comprehension issue.

In MAY in the OP I said it was (then) unplayable for me with a controller. Today, I edited the OP with "See my reply on page 2 of this thread for an update"

Did you take the 15 seconds to read the update before launching into your emotional tirade? Since your experience is online multiplayer only, don't you think that disqualifies you from judging my own quite different experience?

Yet you resorted to calling me a keyboard warrior; that's a conveniently stereotypical slur to use. Somehow you must be personally offended to be so upset.

I think I've had 3, maybe 4 forum posts here in 4 months. But I have spent quite a few hours reading the forums and watching YouTube videos in an effort to overcome the game's idiosyncrasies. I may not be a Thrustmaster-toting online superhero, but I've been playing racing games since PGR/Forza 2 and am not a complete dummy as you seem to imply.

To re-explain for you, since May, at Ian and Umer's advice, I put the game down for a while as the patches were rolled out.

Since then I have tried racing a few times, maybe an hour or so in total, and each time I play either the game crashes to the dashboard, the tires go flat after pitting, the sound corrupts, the AI shunts me off the track etc etc and I give up in frustration. I don't have the spare time, nor the inclination to keep banging my head against the wall.

I'm not knocking any devs, mods or staff personally, we know they are very hard-working and passionate people; but as a paying customer I am as entitled as you are to give them my feedback. Positive or negative.

Have a nice day.

OpticalHercules
27-08-2015, 23:51
@mitch09: The comment of the game being unplayable is relative. Sure I've played the game nearly every day since release. I've also lost everything and had to start over by a bug that does indeed render the game unplayable. It's happened to me 5 times as of today. see this thread : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32856-Game-not-loading-unplayable

Do I enjoy the game? yes.
Does the game make me rage at the loss of time put in? yes.
Does a bug who's fix requires the deletion of all data in a game render a game figuratively unplayable? yes, I would say it does.

I can still reinstall and start over right now. I will tomorrow whether 3.0 comes out or not. But the fact is the bugs of the game make the game unenjoyable in the long run.

t0daY
28-08-2015, 00:00
Ian Bell and team you should be hanging your heads in shame right now.

I'm not knocking any devs, mods or staff personally, we know they are very hard-working and passionate people; but as a paying customer I am as entitled as you are to give them my feedback. Positive or negative.

Have a nice day.

Nooooo of course not... Why would you knock down any devs... ;) :D :D *hust* "WMD you ought to be ashamed of yourselves" *hust* xDD