PDA

View Full Version : Driver Network Challenges / community events - cheaters/explloits

DVAFP
10-05-2015, 02:39
check out the times of the challenges in the drivers network. For example, the Bavarian Legend event where you compete for a thrustmaster gear. its monza with the BMW M1 Procar.
First place time is right now 0:23:710. Yes, 0:23:710 !!! going around monza in a BMW M1 Procar. Its obvious someone found out a way to cheat or use some sort of hack.
Second place time is 0:25:641 and then third place is 1:45:513. Are you really going to give prizes to cheaters?

Lets go to SMS-R Formula A Barcelona GP Event. First place time is 1:18:074. That is an impossible time. even Rosberg only managed to do a 1:24:681.

Its obvious something is going on.

I would also like to know if the assists are locked in such events or are some people using assists while others are not.

TheLethalDose
10-05-2015, 08:15
Yes it sucks, (people are also cutting corners on monza and barcelona) , it has already been covered in the specific forum for community events.

PC49NZ
10-05-2015, 09:12
DVAFP, you have started a really good thread. This requires some serious investigation by the powers that be, as doing this, the offender(s) have committed a crime under the Crimes Act (called that here) if they accept the prize, as there is a personal gain ( whether by way of prize or money).

I challenge the persons involved in running the contest to see that it is fair and true event. If not, and it can be proved, it should be put in the hands of the authorities.

Jim, PC49NZ

Joni Varis
10-05-2015, 09:39
It took suprisingly long till this nonsense started. There is vid of my low 1.18 lap at FA event thread, also allready done high 1.17 and even that wasnt perfect lap ;)

Bavarian event times are obviously either cheat or bugs.

Noksi
10-05-2015, 09:41
They already commented on this somewhere else. If it's not a cheat it might be a bug but they assured that both drivers in the Bavarian challenge won't get any prizes.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 09:44
The issues with cutting / cheating have been notice and actions will be taken.

Don't worry, nobody with not legit times will take home points or prices.

Bradbury
10-05-2015, 09:46
Lets go to SMS-R Formula A Barcelona GP Event. First place time is 1:18:074. That is an impossible time.
I haven't tried the event myself, but the video in this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22732-SMS-R-Formula-A-Barcelona-GP&p=890719&viewfull=1#post890719) by Joni Varis, he does a 1:18.2, and it looks pretty clean. Regarding the ridiculous times on Monza, you shouldn't be so quick to assume that they must a result of cheating. It could very well be a glitch in the game.

I would also like to know if the assists are locked in such events or are some people using assists while others are not.
If SMS have done their job, turning the assists off will make it possible for you to go faster than with them on. It should always be a compromise when you use assists. The car should be easier to control, but with sacrifice of the car's true potential.

Iwanchek
10-05-2015, 09:55
i hate hackers and cheaters..! no skill no nothing!

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 11:03
I've seen times on the top of the leaderboard of 0.00:001

:S

Bradbury
10-05-2015, 11:46
I was curious about the assits so I went into time trial and did a few laps with all assists off. I drove a GT4 and struggled to avoid locking the brakes. I turned on ABS, stability control and traction control, and I coul d brake so much harder and later, and of course get on the throttle much harder out of the corners. Maybe with more thorough testing I would find that when driven on the absolute limit, it would be faster without any assists, but I'm not sure about that.

DVAFP
10-05-2015, 15:06
Of course it would be faster with ABS and traction control on. The reason it's not used in real life is because it is illegal, they assist the driver and take away from the sport, not because it's faster without them. You can brake later with ABS and floor the throttle without having to worry about wheel spin coming out a corner with traction control.

Bradbury
10-05-2015, 17:29
It is by no means given that it's faster with ABS in a video game. I'm well aware of the advantages of such electronics in the real world, but it's not uncommon in driving games to deliberately "nerf" these assists to encourage the players to manage without them. If it really is faster to use assists in this game, then why on earth would anyone do hotlaps without them? Several years ago I posted a comment regarding this, but I've forgotten which game I was talking about. I do however remember the reply I got when I basically said "Give us a reason to drive without assists". It was from a developer of the game, and he agreed fully with my sentiment.

DVAFP
10-05-2015, 17:36
I agree, that's why I want to know if in the community events the assists are locked and the same for everyone.

erickgoldner
10-05-2015, 19:47
I agree, that's why I want to know if in the community events the assists are locked and the same for everyone.

Unfortunately they are not.
If you set on your game options for the Assists (ABS, TC, EC) to be always On, youīll able to use it even with cars that doesnīt have it on real life.

Itīs one of the biggest problem of the game for me.

erickgoldner
10-05-2015, 19:49

Elmo, tried to search on original forum if this is a feature or not but couldnīt find it.
Like i said above, it's possible to use ABS, TC and EC even on cars that donīt have it on real life if you set it on your game options.

Is this supposed to be like that ?

Elmo
10-05-2015, 19:53
Elmo, tried to search on original forum if this is a feature or not but couldnīt find it.
Like i said above, it's possible to use ABS, TC and EC even on cars that donīt have it on real life if you set it on your game options.

Is this supposed to be like that ?

I'll check.

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 03:56

Even that there aint no price, you could forward the Barcelona FA event to look for devs aswell for future purposes. 3 out of top 5 guys decided completely ignore the trackmap and instead run their own layout at last sector.

TMoney
11-05-2015, 03:59
What needs to happen is we need to be able to save the replay and show it when needed to win the prize.

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 04:10
What needs to happen is we need to be able to save the replay and show it when needed to win the prize. Wouldnt more ideal solution be that the track limits would actually work, so you couldnt cut :)

But ye replays would be nice aswell.

TMoney
11-05-2015, 04:38
Wouldnt more ideal solution be that the track limits would actually work, so you couldnt cut :)

But ye replays would be nice aswell.

Well yes but you think they obtained 25 second laps at Monza by cutting the track? Something tells me they didn't actually do a lap.

jrbwd6
11-05-2015, 07:32
[QUOTE=erickgoldner;895474]Unfortunately they are not.
If you set on your game options for the Assists (ABS, TC, EC) to be always On, youīll able to use it even with cars that doesnīt have it on real life.

Itīs one of the biggest problem of the game for me.[/QUOTEset to real and only the cars with these aids will have them

Iwanchek
11-05-2015, 07:58
I was curious about the assits so I went into time trial and did a few laps with all assists off. I drove a GT4 and struggled to avoid locking the brakes. I turned on ABS, stability control and traction control, and I coul d brake so much harder and later, and of course get on the throttle much harder out of the corners. Maybe with more thorough testing I would find that when driven on the absolute limit, it would be faster without any assists, but I'm not sure about that.

I've tc OFF and stability control ON, and all others assist all off and so far career ist going good and the online time trail as well, no problem driving Merc GT3. I'll try without stability Controll OFF!

dvc
11-05-2015, 08:16
After reading this post I understand why I can't get even close to my lap time on Road America in 12C. After 4 days I'm still 6 seconds away from best time I did right after downloading pCARS. I either cheated somehow or had TC SC and ABS on.

saidur9
17-05-2015, 21:05

Any reason why laps with corner cutting took home points in the end?

SpeedFreakDTM
06-06-2015, 02:01
Probably as cutting the corner isn't cheating, if the game didn't invalidate the lap.
The people actually drove the car.

23 seconds for a lap time, is just crap. Either a bug or hack, not a corner cut.

I have no problem with the winner who corner cut, winning, as I was following their ghost, and could not beat them.(Xbox One) They were simply faster and smoother than I could be.