PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Settings for different hardware.

JughedJones
10-05-2015, 02:47
Hey everyone,

I've searched around and can't find a thread where folks list their hardware, the settings they're using,
and what kind of performance they're getting.

I'm at work right now or I'd add my settings, but I'm running a I7 4770 @ 4.5, GTX FTW 780, 16 gigs Corsair, on a 128 SSD at 1920 1080.

I'd like to know what others are getting with similar specs. I'm sure others would like to know the same!

If a thread like this already exists, I apologize. Message board topic searching isn't one of my strong suits.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 02:49
Hey everyone,

I've searched around and can't find a thread where folks list their hardware, the settings they're using,
and what kind of performance they're getting.

I'm at work right now or I'd add my settings, but I'm running a I7 4770 @ 4.5, GTX FTW 780, 16 gigs Corsair, on a 128 SSD at 1920 1080.

I'd like to know what others are getting with similar specs. I'm sure others would like to know the same!

If a thread like this already exists, I apologize. Message board topic searching isn't one of my strong suits.

Take a spin 'round here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22964-HELPFUL-POSTS-Check-here-for-Enhancing-Troubleshooting-Game-Experience :)

JughedJones
10-05-2015, 02:52
Yup, already took a look at that one, and it was very helpful. I always appreciate another explanation of AA and such.

However, it's a little light on the specifics of hardware/settings/performance. I thought it would be helpful to see many different permutations and
how folks are getting on.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 03:06
You should be able to run Highs and Ultras with no issue.

But don't abuse the Ultras :)

on AA, MSAA and HIGH are custom methods done by SMS's render team, pretty cool actually
DS4M = MSAA + DS2x (read below)

DS2X, 4x,6x and 9x are Downsampling methods, not the same as DSR since nvidia applies those to the whole screen and DSxX are only applied on where it is needed (so faster)

2x = 2 times horizontal resolution 1x vertica
4x = 2xH : 2xV
6x= 3xH...
9x= 3 and 3 (you got the idea, right?)

Then you can apply either FXAA or SMAA on top of those.
Start with HIGH or DS4x (similar performance) and with ULTRA options everywhere except GRASS, Reflections, EnvMap.

If Fps is not high enough, downgrade to high some ultras and you should be fine

JughedJones
10-05-2015, 03:15
Very nice.

I'll give that a go. Thanks very much!