PDA

View Full Version : shiftinjg debounce

ozm8ey
10-05-2015, 02:49
How do i change the shifting debounce time? I think my right paddle shifter is a little bit faulty and in most games you can change the shifting debounce.

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 03:25
Not available in project cars. AC has it correct?

ozm8ey
10-05-2015, 03:44
yeah AC and LFS, would be nice if they could add it to this game. It seem to only happen occasionally which is good but when it happens its kinda annoying. I'm thinking about getting a gear stick in hope it won't do it for that as well.

Mahjik
10-05-2015, 03:50
In the meantime, I recommend using canned air and electronics cleaner to make sure your paddle switches are operating the best they can be.. Over time, everything wears out, but sometimes a little maintenance goes a long way. ;)

Joven
10-05-2015, 07:34
Not ideal, but if your device is having problems, you could use something like AutoHotKey to map the shift up/down paddles to keystrokes with a delay.

I'm not a programmer by any means, so there I'm sure there's better scripts, but in theory this should work (I tested with the alt keys and it worked in notepad so I could rapidly tap the ALT keys over and over and it only print out 1 letter until waiting a little bit.)

LAlt::
If (A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 250)
{
send m
}
return

RAlt::
If (A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 250)
{
send n
}
return

For that to work you would need to:
install AutoHotKey
change 250 to whatever time you would need (in milliseconds)
change LAlt to one paddle, and RAlt to the other paddle (or get rid of one of the sections if you just need it for one paddle)
save that script as whatever.ahk and run the script
in pCARS go into the controller properties and assign Shift Up and Down to the keyboard keys you use in the script.

The downsides would be that you would need to make sure that script is running before you start the game, and if you do both paddles the delay would also happen even if alternating between them (so if you hit the left paddle and then try to hit the right paddle before the delay is over it wont register the right paddle.) Also from the times I've tried quite a while ago, trying to get the right input from the wheel can be a bit weird if you have more than one controller and unplug them and Windows changes what order they are. (You would have to look at the AutoHotKey documentation to find how to find the format and number it expects the button to be.)

But it would be something, and maybe someone who knows more how ahk scripting works can improve it. (in theory it should be possible for the script to be made into a self-contained program that would have somewhat of an interface or prompts to hit the buttons and delay time to make it a lot easier, but not something I could do properly.)