PDA

View Full Version : Qualify session ends without letting you finish lap

TMoney
10-05-2015, 04:30
I noticed what seems to be randomly (maybe certain car/track combinations), sometimes you cannot finish your last qualifying lap and the session ends when the timer runs out. Other times it allows you to finish the lap, as it should.

Dennis van Eijk
10-05-2015, 14:22
I don't know if it's a bug but i don't think so.
It bothers me when im qualifing and the time is up, the session is aborted.
It makes more sense to complete the lap you're on so you have a change to set a good time like in real life.
I hope the can fix this or maybe there is an option i missed?

McKiernan
10-05-2015, 14:25
I read that if you went off track on the previous lap it won't allow you to finish the lap when the timer runs out, but you can if your previous lap was clean. I don't know if this is true or not as haven't checked it.

Robert Gerke
10-05-2015, 14:28
This is a missing feature. We hope for a long time, as it is finally installed.

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 14:29
I don't know if it's a bug but i don't think so.
It bothers me when im qualifing and the time is up, the session is aborted.
It makes more sense to complete the lap you're on so you have a change to set a good time like in real life.
I hope the can fix this or maybe there is an option i missed?

It isn't an option you have missed. Unfortunately this feature is not currently implemented, however that doesn't mean to say it won't be in the future.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Dennis van Eijk
10-05-2015, 14:50
It isn't an option you have missed. Unfortunately this feature is not currently implemented, however that doesn't mean to say it won't be in the future.

I hope this helps.

Pete

I truly hope that it will.
Cause when im on a fast lap its pretty anoying when being cut off.
Eiter than that its a superb game.
didnt think it was this good

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 15:18
Merging with this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23272-Qualifying-End-Session-Timer)

Pete

djmky
10-05-2015, 15:32
That's weird, for me the timer had ended and it did allow me to finish my qualifying lap. Though if I messed up before it would invalidate my next lap and just cut the qualifying session.

EvilEd71
10-05-2015, 16:47
Yea i have found this too and the going off track thing should be more lenient somestimes just a wheel off and your time doesnt count I can understand cutting corners ... but putting a wheel on the grass is a bit much

TMoney
10-05-2015, 18:15
Yea guys it's not that it isn't a feature, it just seems to not be working right.

- For one, I confirmed the lap was definitely a clean lap and the session still ended when the timer ran out.

- Second, I wanna say at Road America variant (not the long one), in the beginning of GT4 career I DEFINITELY was allowed to finish the lap after the timer ran out.