PDA

View Full Version : (NA) XRA - Sundays/8 Eastern - No Assists/Wheel Users

Ch1ps N Queso
10-05-2015, 05:50
XboxRacingAssociation.com (http://xboxracingassociation.com)

About Us:

The Xbox Racing Association is an established group of clean drivers that will be burning rubber all around the world via Project CARS. We are a small community with a focus on Sunday night racing, treating one anther with respect on and off the track, and coming up with fantastic workarounds to keep this Project CARS thing together. We consistently place 12+ clean drivers on the grid every Sunday night.

We are not a mass user group. We do not provide a different series for each day of the week. That said, we do a very good job of providing a structured environment for our drivers to compete in. If you're looking for a laid back group of sim racers to close the weekend with, look no further.

Our Sunday Night Events Include:

Season 8 Format (GT3)

-Optional 30-60 minute practice leading up to 8 PM.
-8:05 Eastern - 15 Minute Quali
-8:20 Eastern - 5 minute warmup for final tinkering (maybe a quick piss and a cold one).
-8:25 Eastern - One 80-90 minute Endurance race with 3x tire wear and varied weather.
-We'll be using Skype for game chat. By doing this we alleviate the chat strain on the lobby and bypass the 8 person party limit.
-You can view our Rules and Regulations here (http://xboxracingassociation.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=10&action=edit).

What We're Looking For:

-Be able to race without assists. We ban the Racing Line, TCS, STM, and ABS.
-Have a stabled wired internet connection. There is nothing worse than lag induced racing depression.
-Regular availability on Sunday nights at 8 PM Eastern.
-Wheel users. 100% of the league has a wheel. We want our new arrivals to be wheel users.
-Last but not least, we're looking for guys that want to be active. Check the forum, practice for events, engage with the group.

How To Join:

Send me a PM on here or on XBL (Ch1ps N Queso) to let me know you're interested.

After that you can head to this forum post (http://xboxracingassociation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2) and read our requirements. In order to proceed with joining you must follow the link at the end of that thread and post your info in the "Join the XRA" area. After doing this I'll invite you to our group chat so we can start answering any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking!

Ch1ps N Queso
10-05-2015, 06:05
No longer relevant.

Ch1ps N Queso
29-05-2015, 19:51
Can a mod please move this thread to the X1 Multiplayer area? Thank you so much.

MysterG
29-05-2015, 22:18
Moved.

Ch1ps N Queso
29-05-2015, 22:56
Moved.

Thanks.

Ch1ps N Queso
30-05-2015, 00:36
Old news.

Ch1ps N Queso
09-06-2015, 18:07
No longer pertinent.

Ch1ps N Queso
26-06-2015, 20:44
Redundant.

Ch1ps N Queso
28-06-2015, 14:53
We have one opening on the grid. Please see the opening post for details.

Thanks.

Ch1ps N Queso
30-06-2015, 17:07
We have two openings now. If you're looking for a well organized, laid back group of fast drivers that race on Sunday nights (North America), check us out.

Full details about our current series and league setup can be found in the opening post.

Thanks.

Ch1ps N Queso
07-07-2015, 17:25
We're looking for a couple drivers to join our community. We have an active group of laid back drivers that meet every Sunday night at 8 PM Eastern. Round 3 of 8 is this Sunday night. See the opening post for all the details. Thanks.

M1 Procar Championship page. (http://xboxracingassociation.com/m1-procar-championship/)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news.

The XRA will be adopting this BTCC style structure for the foreseeable future due to continued pit strategy bugs. Conducting a 90-120 minute race with advanced tire wear just isn't feasible with the pit stop issues.

Practice/Quali/Warmup will follow the normal procedure.

Race 1:

22-25 minutes worth of laps
Starting Order Determined by Qualifying
Performance Impacting Damage
No Failures
3x Tire Wear
Variable Static Weather
Standing Start w/ Parade Lap (until FFB loss is fixed, if ever)
No Safety Cars

Race 2:

Starting Order Determined Randomly
No Failures
3x Tire Wear
Variable Static Weather
No Safety Cars
Competition Caution w. 5 laps remaining

Race 3:

Starting Order Determined By Reverse Order of Race 2
No Failures
3x Tire Wear
Variable Static Weather
No Safety Cars

Ch1ps N Queso
12-07-2015, 17:14
Looking for a couple laid back wheel users to fill out our grid. Current season (Round 3 tonight - Sunday the 12th) is the M1 Procar. See the above post and the opening post for more details.

Thanks.

g33k hack3rs
23-07-2015, 22:17
This new format has definitely resulted in mixed results for most races and some close racing throughout the field. Still miss the endurance races and hopefully we can do some one-off events to fill that need but in general I like the current format a lot.

Ch1ps N Queso
25-07-2015, 19:47
As G33K stated this new sprint race format is removing the frustration from pCARS and adding some fun. No more "I'm stuck in the pits", "I can't hear anyone", "I'm on F'n Wets", "My tires are flatter than TSwift"...

If you're looking for a Sunday night group (North America) to race with please check us out. We consistently place 10 laid back guys and a couple a-holes on the grid. Details can be found in the opening post.

WOZZA76
27-07-2015, 19:39
Wheels only ??? :(

Del Zotto x82x
28-07-2015, 01:06

Be a lot cooler if you did!

Guess that movie...

Ch1ps N Queso
28-07-2015, 15:59

Yes sir.

Fractured Life
28-07-2015, 16:16
Yes sir.

I am happy to pretend I am on a wheel?

:)

I used to race a few different US based leagues simply as the times suited me. 8 would be 1 am where I am (in Ireland). I basically keep US hours. Pretty sure NoRegrets is on my FL. Oh well, my loss :)

Ch1ps N Queso
28-07-2015, 18:58
I am happy to pretend I am on a wheel?

:)

I used to race a few different US based leagues simply as the times suited me. 8 would be 1 am where I am (in Ireland). I basically keep US hours. Pretty sure NoRegrets is on my FL. Oh well, my loss :)

My apologies for presenting a wall to the controller folk. I know the wheel thing seems a little elitist, I admit that, but I'm trying to create a specific community for our drivers. I know controller drivers are clean and fast but this is something we're sticking to. I hope you understand.

The Euro/NA thing is more of a deterrent for me. With all the MP stability issues we're already dealing with I'd be hesitant to add that variable to the mix. It's taken 2 months to get to a point where we're enjoying races with minimal hiccups (albeit with many workarounds and changes to format). Trying to look out for the good of the group.

Fractured Life
29-07-2015, 11:15
My apologies for presenting a wall to the controller folk. I know the wheel thing seems a little elitist, I admit that, but I'm trying to create a specific community for our drivers. I know controller drivers are clean and fast but this is something we're sticking to. I hope you understand.

The Euro/NA thing is more of a deterrent for me. With all the MP stability issues we're already dealing with I'd be hesitant to add that variable to the mix. It's taken 2 months to get to a point where we're enjoying races with minimal hiccups (albeit with many workarounds and changes to format). Trying to look out for the good of the group.

Hehe. Nah I get it dude, but thought I would ask as its a decent time for me to race (everyone in bed, cold one and a few blasts), and I recall having some laughs with you guys on Grid AS (until the various d!ckheads would join and start smashing us!)

Hopefully after Windows ten drops they can start to sort this connection ish out :)

Good luck!

Ch1ps N Queso
08-08-2015, 14:49
Global GT3 Championship presented by Masculin Tires
working title

Hello, drivers. The XRA will be putting together a GT3 series in anticipation of patch 3.0. We have very limited spots available for this (one or two at the moment). If you're in North America, have a wheel and wired connection, and want to race with a friendly group of drivers, feel free to read the opening post for details on how to join us.

We're looking to launch this immediately after patch 3.0 is released so we can take advantage of working pits. Car selection will be determined by a draft lottery (think NBA). All drivers will be slotted into a draft slot for car selection. Once a car has been selected by three drivers, that car can no longer be selected. If you're not okay with this, don't join.

This is not a series that will mimic a real life series. We're not going to plug in the usual suspects - Spa, Silverstone, Brands, Nurburg, Le Mans, etc, we're going to mix it up as a fictional series that uses a variety of different global circuits. The final schedule will be decided in the coming week. All drivers have a say in this.

Again, if you want to read more about us please visit the opening post in this thread or head to xboxracingassociation.com. This will be our 8th season. We have a very good group of laid back adults. We have an active group chat that gets a lot of banter throughout the day. We're happy to help any newcomers to league racing get up to speed.

Thanks for looking.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-08-2015, 18:58
Here is the schedule for upcoming GT3 series. Date for Round 1 hasn't been determined but you can assume it will be shortly after 3.0 drops.

Weather will likely be random for locales that see substantial rain fall. Predominantly dry locales will likely be dry races.

Tire wear is likely to be 2x/3x. We'll test this immediately after 3.0 drops and make a decision.

http://xboxracingassociation.com/gt3-championship/

Ch1ps N Queso
29-08-2015, 14:08
Now that 3.0 is out we'll be launching our GT3 series. We have one opening. Round 1 is September 6th (next Sunday). If you're interested in joining please review the previous post and opening post. Message Ch1ps N Queso on XBL.

Ch1ps N Queso
08-09-2015, 15:40
Have a wheel? Stop f'n around and join a fantastic league that is committed to sticking with pCARS. We just kicked off our GT3 season. Round 2 is this Sunday night.

Please see the opening post for more details. If interested in joining please join our forum and message me on XBL (Ch1ps N Queso).

Ch1ps N Queso
16-09-2015, 04:36
Forza is out and we're still hitting the pCARS pipe for our weekly racing fix (15 guys on the grid for the last race). Looking for one North American wheel user to join the fun. Currently running the GT3 Championship. See the opening post for more details.

Thanks for looking.

Ch1ps N Queso
18-09-2015, 15:28
If you're in North America, have a wheel, and have Sunday nights free, this is the group to join. We consistently place 12-16 drivers on the grid with super competitive times throughout the field. Not only that, we have a good time throughout the week leading up to events. Laid back and fast.

PM me on here or XBL if you're interested (Ch1ps N Queso). Details in opening post.

boss360
01-10-2015, 20:00
if u are looking for someone to fill a seat once and a while I would love to. I am unable to commit to every race because I have some other obligations. I would probably only be able to make half the races ( not sure I'm fast enough to be competitive ), but let me know if that would work.

HEF51
02-10-2015, 05:52
if u are looking for someone to fill a seat once and a while I would love to. I am unable to commit to every race because I have some other obligations. I would probably only be able to make half the races ( not sure I'm fast enough to be competitive ), but let me know if that would work.

Hi Boss,

We usually like for our drivers to be committed to each Sunday night and be a permanent driver every week. Now we understand that real life gets in the way, so we do a 1 week lowest point drop. That way everyone has a shot at a championship even if they miss a race. So if this is something you are interested in give either me (HEF51) or Ch1ps N Queso a friend invite and we'll get you all squared away.

Don't forget this either:

How To Join:

Send me a PM on here or on XBL (Ch1ps N Queso) to let me know you're interested.

After that you can head to this forum post and read our requirements. In order to proceed with joining you must follow the link at the end of that thread and post your info in the "Join the XRA" area. After doing this I'll invite you to our group chat so we can start answering any questions you may have.

Ch1ps N Queso
08-12-2015, 15:50
I'd like to take a moment to thank all the gents that took time on Sunday nights to join us for no assists wheel racing. We lost quite a few good guys because the issues with this title on Shitbox One were just too much to handle over and over again. For those that stuck around through all the issues - Thank You!

It's been an interesting ride to say the least. Workaround after workaround and then more workarounds allowed us to enjoy some bittersweet fun from week to week. As we approach 2016 it's become increasingly apparent that Shitbox One just doesn't have the power to ever fully handle a racing sim of this magnitude. The full experience on SB1 pales in comparison to what you get on a PC.

After the completion of Season 9 we will be abandoning the SB1 and heading over to PC. We will continue to host no assists wheel racing on Sunday nights at 8 PM Eastern. If anyone is interested in joining us keep an eye out for our PC launch in late January.