PDA

View Full Version : fed up with all the negative comments

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 06:06
I don't normally post about negative comments. But this morning I am cos I'm jet feed up. If you don't like it move on build a bridge and get over it. If you bought the disc version trade it in. If you bought the digital version delete it. Have you never had an experience you have paid for and not enjoyed? I sure you have, don't think you came onto a forum to moan about it.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 06:13
Oops wrong website mate. I think you belong over at the Destiny forums with the children?

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 07:29
You should know troll

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 07:36
aww cmon guys, insulting each other is not how we roll at WMD, we got quite a close knit community if you would like to be part of it.

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 08:39
Yes I do so I'm sorry, just so fed up, with all the negative comments, this game has such potential

LUFC
10-05-2015, 08:42
After reading a lot of negativity on here before I started playing the game, and the. Once I started playing I was very frustrated with the game.

HOWEVER, I persevered and other than the odd frame glitch I don't have a problem at all with the handling (controller). Like any other driving game this just takes a little getting used to.

Start out with all assists on (or some), then as you improve, take them off. Remember this is a sim not an arcade game. Unlikely that many on here will actually driven proper race cars (I certainly haven't, would love to though) and there is a reason why the professionals race them, because they are very good at what a they do and have spent all their life building their experience and skill level.

So far this looks like a very good game with longevity and I can't wait to master the controls properly and have some cracking racing.

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 09:11
Yes I do so I'm sorry, just so feed up this game has such potential

Hang in there bud, 4 years ago Ian Bell offered up something special and he delivered just that, If he says he will do something, then he does it, if he says he will fix it then trust me he will fix it.

Do plenty searching on the forums and you will find pretty much all your answers if you cant then all you need to do is ask and the help will follow.

merge111
10-05-2015, 09:52
Hang in there bud, 4 years ago Ian Bell offered up something special and he delivered just that

This game cannot be considered special yet. How many great games do you know that only use 40% of the analogue stick to steer the car? The answer is none, because it breaks the game.

https://imgflip.com/gif/l9tuo

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 10:15
After reading a lot of negativity on here before I started playing the game, and the. Once I started playing I was very frustrated with the game.

HOWEVER, I persevered and other than the odd frame glitch I don't have a problem at all with the handling (controller). Like any other driving game this just takes a little getting used to.

Start out with all assists on (or some), then as you improve, take them off. Remember this is a sim not an arcade game. Unlikely that many on here will actually driven proper race cars (I certainly haven't, would love to though) and there is a reason why the professionals race them, because they are very good at what a they do and have spent all their life building their experience and skill level.

So far this looks like a very good game with longevity and I can't wait to master the controls properly and have some cracking racing.

This is the problem.
On gt6 there was a bug involving MR cars, but there where so many people thinking that MR car should behave like suicide machines so they all complained on the complainers and acusing them of not being able to drive and that it was just an issue of getting used to them.
Well it wasnt!
Its very easy to spot bugs in a car simulator if you are a driver yourself.
Cars do not behave like they do in this game using a controller, thats it! Its got nothing to do with learning how to drive them anyway. We are all trying! But only because we still have hope of driving this game.

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 10:16
Personally I love it, went and bought a wheel something I've never done for forza. Can't wait to give it a good bash later on today.

wraithsrike
10-05-2015, 10:31
I don't normally post about negative comments. But this morning I am cos I'm jet feed up. If you don't like it move on build a bridge and get over it. If you bought the disc version trade it in. If you bought the digital version delete it. Have you never had an experience you have paid for and not enjoyed? I sure you have, don't think you came onto a forum to moan about it.

Seriously, people are intitled to there own opinions buddy, if no body posted up the negatives relating to the game how would the developers know they even existed?

Polite and respectful points of view are a must be them good or bad, telling people to move on build a bridge or something is childish you do release members could say the same to you, if you don't like reading them simply move on.

Personally I love the game to bits but yes I have posted regarding the steering issues, if no one's posts about there issues the team will believe everything is all fine and dandy which at present on the xbox one at least it certainly isn't.

This forum was created for players to converse over anything game related that includes faults as long as people are polite and not disrespectful I personally can't see a problem, and to be honest threads such as the one you've posted only tend to add fuel to an all ready burning fire.

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 10:33
This game cannot be considered special yet. How many great games do you know that only use 40% of the analogue stick to steer the car? The answer is none, because it breaks the game.

https://imgflip.com/gif/l9tuo

It is not a game it is a sim, and I am sorry but I cannot help you there as I have never played with a xbox/ PS controller.

Project Cars really is something special when you consider exactly how it was created and what was created from it, The fixes will come.

There are some tempory quick fixes (for now) out there if you read the forums and Ian himself as stated this morning that his team have been working through the night to get things done, they may not come all at once but they will come.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 10:35
People have a right to air their displeasure about something that they spent their hard earned cash on. I mean it isn't like they are being negative for nothing. This game does have some issues and pretty important ones at that.

The A.I is a bit dumb at times and seems to have no real awareness of those around it. Some people are experiencing some real problematic controller issues. Also, the overall performance(FPS)is a bit of a kick in the nuts. The game was marketed as 60 FPS but the game runs well below that most of the time, and fairly often must be more like 30 FPS or below.

It is a shame the game was released this way on console because underneath the issues is a great Sim.

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 10:38
People have a right to air their displeasure that they spent their hard earned cash on. I mean it isn't like they are being negative for nothing.

Indeed, there is however a good way of expressing it, do it the wrong way and it can unfotunately turn into a shit storm, do it the correct way and you will be surpised how much help you will recieve in return.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 10:41
Indeed, there is however a good way of expressing it, do it the wrong way and it can unfotunately turn into a shit storm, do it the correct way and you will be surpised how much help you will recieve in return.

Exactly. Negativity is only negative when expressed with the wrong attitude. Done correctly and with maturity it becomes constructive criticism, not negativity.

merge111
10-05-2015, 10:49
It is not a game it is a sim, and I am sorry but I cannot help you there as I have never played with a xbox/ PS controller.

Project Cars really is something special when you consider exactly how it was created and what was created from it, The fixes will come.

There are some tempory quick fixes (for now) out there if you read the forums and Ian himself as stated this morning that his team have been working through the night to get things done, they may not come all at once but they will come.

Lmao come on... It's a game, sold in the same shops as all the other games.

A game cannot be called special when it's effectively unplayable. It may be special on PC, but for us over here on Xbox it's far from it.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 10:56

A game cannot be called special when it's effectively unplayable. It may be special on PC, but for us over here on Xbox it's far from it.

I am on Xbox and disagree.

It has issues, sure, but I have been enjoying the game. I have done a couple of season in career. Have lost count of all the time trial laps run, and I can not stop racing round Watkins Glen GP with the GR.A(BMW M2 E30) class cars in Solo event.

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 10:58

When it has been fixed I hope you can then enjoy the Sim that project cars was intended to be.

merge111
10-05-2015, 10:59
I am on Xbox and disagree.

It has issues, sure, but I have been enjoying the game. I have done a couple of season in career. Have lost count of all the time trial laps run, and I can not stop racing round Watkins Glen GP with the GR.A(BMW M2 E30) class cars in Solo event.

Apparently the problem doesn't affect everyone.

Is your steering like this? http://i.imgflip.com/l9tuo.gif Less than half the analogue stick can be used to steer the car. It's actually easier to use the D pad.

Once this issue has been fixed it could be special. But right now it's not.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 11:01
Apparently the problem doesn't affect everyone.

Does your steering do this? http://i.imgflip.com/l9tuo.gif Less than half the analogue stick can be used to steer the car. It's actually easier to use the D pad.

Once this issue has been fixed it could be special. But right now it's not.

Nope, my controller doesn't do that.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 11:52
Nope, my controller doesn't do that.

Everyone has identical hardware. Identical firmware. Identical code. Identical OS.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but unless you are using a wheel or different controller, or have incredible reflexes (which is possible) then I'd bet $ that your controller does do that.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 11:53
Personally I love it, went and bought a wheel something I've never done for forza. Can't wait to give it a good bash later on today.

So you're fed up but haven't played it yet???

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 11:59
No, fed up with the negativity. Have played it for for about 3hours but like I said you really need to give it a real good bash to get use to it. Seeing on time with the controller without whining about how sensitive it is. Switched to wheel and its brilliant and I haven't even altered any settings. Must go, Spanish GP just about to start.

Chokapic
10-05-2015, 12:03
There is a problem, and it's getting patched asap! SMS know it and they already have the solution!

People are not negative, it's just unplayable the way it is for the moment, check this, especialy the pics:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions&p=890215&viewfull=1#post890215

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 12:08
No, fed up with the negativity. Have played it for for about 3hours but like I said you really need to give it a real good bash to get use to it. Seeing on time with the controller without whining about how sensitive it is. Switched to wheel and its brilliant and I haven't even altered any settings. Must go, Spanish GP just about to start.

For the record, which console do you play with?

Using the words "whining" and "fed up" is why I called you out. People have every right to complain if something they paid for isn't functioning as advertised/promised. By taking the time and effort to do so instead of just returning it, they are in fact doing SMS a favour.

The problem is not a matter of sensitivity alone, the simple fact is that the (Xbox One) joystick doesn't use 100% of it's travel.

I'm glad you are enjoying it and can afford a wheel. But many people are not.

Steve Loader
10-05-2015, 12:17
You really do need a FF wheel to get the most out of this sim - well worth saving up for if you really love driving and racing.

KnifePartyLFC
10-05-2015, 12:19

Your mother has obviously bought you this game. If you paid 50 of your hard earned cash for this unfinished BETA then you wouldn't be preaching peace on these forums, you would be joining the 95% who are furious that they released this game in its current condition.

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:26
Your mother has obviously bought you this game. If you paid 50 of your hard earned cash for this unfinished BETA then you wouldn't be preaching peace on these forums, you would be joining the 95% who are furious that they released this game in its current condition.

Please alter your language immediately, this is not the way we communicate with each other in this forum. Another offense and we'll show you the door.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 12:26
Everyone has identical hardware. Identical firmware. Identical code. Identical OS.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but unless you are using a wheel or different controller, or have incredible reflexes (which is possible) then I'd bet $ that your controller does do that.

Are you new to console gaming?

Issues that affect only some are extremely common.

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 12:37
I'm 42 work damn hard and enjoy gaming and simulations I use Xbox one originally with controller now with wheel and couldn't fault it and struggled to see any major issues.

Cliffyboy1962
10-05-2015, 12:41
I think the OP's heart is in the right place as he wants to enjoy the game/sim as do the rest of us. However as the others have quite rightly pointed out, it is crucial that people speak up about the issues they experience. It really is the only way to get a better game in the long run. As the OP says, even with the major controller issues present, it is possible, by selecting the right cars and the right tracks, and employing extreme concentration and skill, to enjoy the game/sim as it stands.

When I see the potential that this title has and the fantastic attitude of the developers and their representatives, I would never consider attempting to trade or get a refund. I believe from what I have seen so far, that SMS are in this for the long term and will bend over backwards to make this enterprise a success (it's obviously in their and their investors interests to make us all happy as soon as possible to maintain a large user base into the future, in order that we continue to invest in all future DLC) but I think it's also a matter of pride to these guys and gals to do the best job they can.

Let's hope that things resolve themselves as soon as possible. This title should be bigger than Forza and I think it will be.

Ixoye56
10-05-2015, 12:41
All this negativity was expected, it happens every time a racing game released, take a look at Forza forums when they release their games, 99% negative comments, humans are hard to please :friendly_wink:

BorisTheFrog
10-05-2015, 12:44

Firstly Hi @ all.

I guess at the end of the day it's all about expectation levels and whilst some are happy to ride out the storm, others are a little less patient with what they have paid for.
What you also have to remember is that the reasons given for the previous release delay were to iron out minor bugs in order to ensure the product came out in perfect condition first time around (or certainly words to that effect) so you could argue that their negativity is quite justifiable.

For me personally the game has been a real hate-hate relationship because having suffered pretty much all the problems others are experiencing it's been difficult to overcome the frustration levels to a degree where I actually want to sit down and learn to like the game. But in saying that I did finally manage to put a server online last night, set up some races with variable weather, choose cars+tracks that I knew were manageable and all in all it was a pretty good night of multiplayer racing. So yeah, I have to concede that there is a little light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Whilst i'm here can I just mention one other thing regarding the forums. I've not been here particularly long but one thing I have noticed is that the whole attitude of mods and (seemingly) game devs towards it's forum members is like something I've never seen before and it really does make a refreshing change that everything feels like a community as opposed to just another soulless forum with everyone turning a blind eye to comments that are awkward to answer. To the point where I actually believe that if someone says it is going to be fixed then it WILL be fixed. Thanks for that.

OK, a couple more things before I clear off.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but because of the odd structure of the leaderboard classes (time trial) there's a bit of an unfair advantage for those who purchased the limited edition pack when it comes to setting records. That Mercedes C-class Coupe DTM perhaps needs to be given away free to everyone - or at least offer a car other than the Clio Sport in order to give everyone a sporting chance to set some records within that category :)

And last but not least, I don't suppose any future updates will give the option to set up multiple online races to create a structured championship (points scoring etc) ?

That's it. Thanks for reading - and good luck with the game.
Me? I think i'll stick around for a while.

Squirrel
10-05-2015, 12:45
All this negativity was expected, it happens every time a racing game released, take a look at Forza forums when they release their games, 99% negative comments, humans are hard to please :friendly_wink:

You are right we are difficult to please

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 12:46

At least the Moderators here are excellent, unlike the savage power-hungry egomaniacs that have run out of control at the Forza forums.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 12:49
Are you new to console gaming?

Issues that affect only some are extremely common.

No I am not. I'm 46, have had a career in software development and have been gaming since the 80's. You? Talk sense and you'll be treated with respect.

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:50
At least the Moderators here are excellent...

I'll pass that along, thanks for the kind words towards our team :)

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 12:54
No I am not. I'm 46, have had a career in software development and have been gaming since the 80's. You? Talk sense and you'll be treated with respect.

WOW!

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 12:59
this: "SMS are in this for the long term and will bend over backwards to make this enterprise a success"

You know when a new restaurant opens and there's hiccups in the service or quality on the first night but the owner is determined to have everyone walk away feeling good so he comps some items and gives you a free dessert? It's kinda like that.

This is a new studio establishing their own IP (not EA, not Activision, not MSFT/Sony) so thy really care and work hard and listen. It's a bit rare these days to find that. So despite the initial quality not meeting expectations for some people you guys are dealing directly with the restaurant owner and chefs etc., it's different but also better in the long run for all of us if this succeeds because a majority of us were sick of the old model (EA even shutdown their NFS forum eventuall). That's why WMD started, to develop a new programmer/consumer model.

You really think Greenwalt/kaz would be in their forums opening weekend talking to the players? Do they even now? Ian's (and his team) been conversing with us since 2011.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 13:05
You make a valid point.

Greenawalt and Kaz earn more in a week than you or I do in a year. They spend 90% of their time either admiring themselves in the mirror or flying first class to junkets.

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 13:12
And thats kind of makes them callous or lazy i think and why the opportuniry was there for project cars

ncrowe
10-05-2015, 13:19

Perfect response...sadly some people Inc me have some real problems but they can't be slated for airing there concerns

Sir Green Day
10-05-2015, 13:26
Hang in there bud, 4 years ago Ian Bell offered up something special and he delivered just that, If he says he will do something, then he does it, if he says he will fix it then trust me he will fix it.

Do plenty searching on the forums and you will find pretty much all your answers if you cant then all you need to do is ask and the help will follow.

That's sounds good, but this game has been years in development with many delays.

That shows that along the way there have been many issues that needed to be fixed. I'm sure most of them have.

The problem is, these are not small issues that could have slipped through the cracks. These are game breaking issues.

The other problem is, the WMD (Worldwide Mass Development) members and the actual SMS testers, are all PC players, not console players. I really think that the SMS testers THOUGHT the controller control was fine, simply because they don't have experience using a controller. And of course, the WMD members, couldn't even test on the consoles.

The scary thing is that if these major console issues weren't caught in 4 years after several delays, why should we think they'll be fixed now?

I'm also very upset with Microsoft. This game should never have passed certification. Microsoft dropped the ball too.

I've been a gamer for over 30 years. Driving games are my favorite genre. I was VERY excited for this game. It has all of the features that I've dreamed of for literally decades.

I'm in the US. I can't get the game until the 12th. I have the digital preorder version pinned to my home page ready to DL. Then I saw all of the issues on the forums.

I really want this game, but I cant pull the trigger until the console versions have been fixed.

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 13:34
As you stated WMD were not able to test consoles but SMS had their testers who were testing on dev kits, the problem was the retail version, something went wrong which SMS have declared and Ian has stated that it will be fixed.

That shows that along the way there have been many issues that needed to be fixed.

Along the way the Sim got "developed" Issues are simply the process of development.

wraithsrike
10-05-2015, 14:01
Guys chill, the devs are on it, going on and on will not get it fixed any quicker, maybe of they hadn't even acknowledged the fault all this would be more understandable but they have and it appears they working there butts off to get it fixed.

As for the comment posted above about the mods on here, yup I agree so far cool team please don't turn into the Forza bullies, the only words I could use to describe them are most likely banned on this forum.

Willy Spinnit
10-05-2015, 14:45
I think an open beta test on consoles, month or two before release may have solved some of the issues we are seeing today. Xbox One version here, but have to wait till the 12th (USA) to play. Sad face.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 14:47
And thats kind of makes them callous or lazy i think and why the opportuniry was there for project cars

I don't think it makes them callous or lazy at all.

Greenwalt is in charge of a highly successful and consistently well polished and well received racing franchise. What ever he gets paid now he has earned it over a decade of quality work.

What it does make them is comfortable, and I think that shows in Forza's consistent track line up. Being the only quality sim based racer on Xbox means they do not need to chase track licences and that is a shame. I would love Forza 6 to have tracks like Imola, Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Brno, Zolder, etc. I do think they started this gen off well though with the inclusion of the awesome Bathurst and Spa Francorchamps tracks

hillcrest34
10-05-2015, 15:27
The problem with the negative comments is people are given a work around or told that it's being looked into/will be fixed soon, not only by mods and WMD members but by members of SMS yet all the do is continue with abuse or keep whinging about the exact same thing.

It's like bashing your head against a brick wall.
Yes there are problems but they will be fixed.

AsHeavenIsWide
10-05-2015, 15:55
While im far from one of these WMD fanboy's i am going to take Ian Bell's word on what hes been telling us.

Apparently people spent the night working and fixing the controller issue. Patch just needs to be pushed through.

With the release in America next week and im guessing future DLC/Season pass etc i doubt they are going to ignore issue's because they are a company which rely on income like every company. That being said actions speak louder than words.

Cliffyboy1962
10-05-2015, 18:10
While im far from one of these WMD fanboy's i am going to take Ian Bell's word on what hes been telling us.

Apparently people spent the night working and fixing the controller issue. Patch just needs to be pushed through.

With the release in America next week and im guessing future DLC/Season pass etc i doubt they are going to ignore issue's because they are a company which rely on income like every company. That being said actions speak louder than words.

I an assuming that Microsoft will insist on implementing their usual policy of requiring a lengthy period for them to test any patch created by the developers. If this is the case, we cannot expect a patch any time soon. If however, Microsoft relax their normal rules and help to rush this patch through I would suppose anything is possible. Obviously only those at the sharp end will know what might happen.