PDA

View Full Version : Flying Cars Problem

Devastation
10-05-2015, 07:17
On Friday, me and a few friends (plus some AI) were doing a day-night GT3 race at Spa and about half an hour in, cars started appearing off and on in the pitlane (even though all were out on the circuit) and started flickering back and forth on the track map on the top left of the screen. Once the race went to night, the cars continued to fly around and there'd be the occasional bright burst of headlights entering the cockpit of my car before going away again - it ended up causing several crashes as people kept gaining and losing light and misjudged where the track was when it went dark again.

Everyone's positions kept getting switched every split-second once this set in as well, so I had to turn off the menu on the bottom left to stop this and went without a HUD, which was completely unnecessary.

A different group of people did the race on the same track the following day and reported the same issues without the AI cars. I'm not sure if this is an issue limited to Spa, but it makes that circuit unplayable.

HLR Joker
10-05-2015, 07:23
Sounds like lag to me, pretty much the same effects on Forza with lag.

Devastation
10-05-2015, 07:32
Sounds like lag to me, pretty much the same effects on Forza with lag.

Clearly haven't explained it well enough. It's nothing like Forza...

Yes, you get the flying cars in front of you on Forza, but not to the point where they're permanently juddering around randomly on a part of the track where they aren't. I was a minute behind the nearest car, and yet I came past the pit lane with dots moving everywhere on my mini-map despite them being on-track according to the pause menu

Seps1974
10-05-2015, 10:06
That happens in Forza too Devastation. I think HLR Joker it's right, lag issues.

Devastation
10-05-2015, 11:45
That happens in Forza too Devastation. I think HLR Joker it's right, lag issues.

You're saying this as if I've never played a Forza game. I've played 5 of them and this issue's never happened to me nor anybody else I know.

wraithsrike
10-05-2015, 11:54
I've had this happen in forza, agree with the others sounds like lag

HLR Joker
10-05-2015, 12:08
You're saying this as if I've never played a Forza game. I've played 5 of them and this issue's never happened to me nor anybody else I know.

I've played every single Forza too, if you have never seen lag have this effect then you are so so very lucky indeed. Also every Forza player I know of (100s) has had this happen regular.
Poor connection and latency cause cars in Forza to jump fowards and backwards, look like steering has locked out, look like the are drifting with worse cases flying cars.
Get yourself onto any Forza forum and you will have multiple response within minutes of saying Forza doesn't have flying cars. Every online game can suffer lag, you can try and reduce it but you cannot cure it. If you have multiple connections on your internet or are streaming you will increase the likelyhood of lag effects.
Mark

Devastation
10-05-2015, 15:03
I've played every single Forza too, if you have never seen lag have this effect then you are so so very lucky indeed. Also every Forza player I know of (100s) has had this happen regular.
Poor connection and latency cause cars in Forza to jump fowards and backwards, look like steering has locked out, look like the are drifting with worse cases flying cars.
Get yourself onto any Forza forum and you will have multiple response within minutes of saying Forza doesn't have flying cars. Every online game can suffer lag, you can try and reduce it but you cannot cure it. If you have multiple connections on your internet or are streaming you will increase the likelyhood of lag effects.
Mark

I know what you mean and yes, I've had that, but this is different. You clearly still haven't read my post.

HLR Joker
10-05-2015, 15:09
I know what you mean and yes, I've had that, but this is different. You clearly still haven't read my post.

Have you tried with no A.I?
It still sounds like lag, the A.I has to be communicated to all players in lobby, if one player has a slower communication it can have effects on all others. If you get what I mean.

Seps1974
10-05-2015, 15:26

You're very lucky. FM3, FM4, FM5, FH and FH2, I've had this issue in all of them.

Devastation
10-05-2015, 18:10
Have you tried with no A.I?
It still sounds like lag, the A.I has to be communicated to all players in lobby, if one player has a slower communication it can have effects on all others. If you get what I mean.

The second group of people did it without AI and reported the same problem