PDA

View Full Version : Online lobby filling grid with AI (computer controlled) cars

JohnSchoonsBeard
10-05-2015, 07:50
Edit. Sorry my first post wasn't written very well.

I belive this feature isn't working as designed and is a bug.

Hosting a private online lobby. Settings as follows

Maximum human opponent players set at 15 (so 15+1 host=maximum on ps4)
Fill grid with AI cars is on.

However AI cars don't get added when less than than 16 humans (15+host) are present in the lobby.

The only way around this is to set the room up with less than 15 opponents as max. However this can only be changed when creating the room.

If the grid size is 16 and 8 players are in the room with maximum human opponent's set to 15 there should still be 8 AI included on the grid.

I assume the logic should be

If players in room is not max setting then number of AI cars= number of cars allowed in race minus number of humans entered grid.

JohnSchoonsBeard
12-05-2015, 17:12
Can someone look at this please. I've rewritten the original as it was poorly written and didn't describe the problem properly.

Elmo
12-05-2015, 19:22
The AI count can't adjust dynamically. Basically before you create a lobby you have to decide on the number of AI to add. So if you want to have 8 AIs on the track, you have to reduce the max human opponent count down to 7.

JohnSchoonsBeard
13-05-2015, 23:33
The AI count can't adjust dynamically. Basically before you create a lobby you have to decide on the number of AI to add. So if you want to have 8 AIs on the track, you have to reduce the max human opponent count down to 7.

Thanks for the reply Elmo. With the description of the field (fill grid with AI (the word fill implies fill to the maximum grid slots) and "maximum humans" it gives the suggestion of it being dynamic. If it was never intended for it to work that way shouldn't the option be there to manually edit AI numbers without restarting the lobby and having to send another 15 invites out?

The number of people in a lobby that stays open for a while varies from race to race. Accordingly we should still be able to adjust the AI manually from race to race in what is already a lobby limited to 16 on consoles.

Thanks.

ChrisK
13-05-2015, 23:38
I agree john. The issue is that when people drop off prior to race commencement we want the grid full of AI cars. I understand after the race starts it can't be dynamic but before commencement, or even while syncing to track, it should fill with AI cars.

Btw: what are the little triangles, red, orange, green, next to people's names in the multiplayer lobby ?

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-05-2015, 00:35
I agree john. The issue is that when people drop off prior to race commencement we want the grid full of AI cars. I understand after the race starts it can't be dynamic but before commencement, or even while syncing to track, it should fill with AI cars.

Btw: what are the little triangles, red, orange, green, next to people's names in the multiplayer lobby ?

The triangles are peoples connection speeds (or is it ping?)

Gejabo
14-05-2015, 09:13

This still doesn't work.
Last night I was with two friends, set the max human opponents to five and enabled the fill with AI option.
But it was still just us three on track. :(

LPlates
19-05-2015, 19:29
I agree this "Fill with AI" option is a bit rubbish as it is. Having to decide how many player slots to deny and give to AI upfront defeats the purpose. This is an online lobby after all, and we just want to make sure we have 16 cars to fill the grid.
If 16 players race then we don't need any AI, they are just there to make up any spare slots and should yield those slots to joining players and replace any that leave prior to race start. I would even go so far as to have the AI take over any disconnected players and even let them retake control of their AI driven car if they manage to reconnect.

Please change the way this works as it will be a lot more useful.

Chonas
30-06-2015, 09:42
Did someone confirm that? Does it work if you decrease the max humans?

LeeGestuhl
30-06-2015, 16:33
Always worked for me :)
Just limit the number of human players when creating the lobby and choose to fill with AI. Once the lobby is created, I think to remember that there is also an option to fill with AI, so make sure this is set to "Yes" as well ;)

JohnSchoonsBeard
30-06-2015, 18:59
Always worked for me :)
Just limit the number of human players when creating the lobby and choose to fill with AI. Once the lobby is created, I think to remember that there is also an option to fill with AI, so make sure this is set to "Yes" as well ;)

So if the number of AI in a room can't (or doesn't currently adjust dynamically) based on the number of humans in the room surely we need something to adjust the humans to AI manually without having to exit a room and start up another one everytimr a new person wants to join your room (particularly pertinent for private rooms) after issuing invites. Is the PS4 method also how it works on XB1 and PC too? My first and second posts should cover everything that is required info wise.

Does that mean I need to raise it as a change request rather than a bugfix? Are moderators able to change the status of this thread to that or is it up to me to do with a seperate thread? I'm a member for PCars2 but wasn't in on iteration one.

Cheers.

LeeGestuhl
30-06-2015, 21:26
Just checked it on PC, it works exactly the same (except the grid size can be bigger of course ;)) But as this is not really a bug, best way would be to just "reserve" the number of human players you think might join your server.
If you are playing with friends, you propably know how many will join (even at a later point). When you are doing public races, its up to you to maybe give room for 7 others and the rest will be AI.

Otherwise just post your suggestions in the Feature Suggestion Thread over here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions).

JohnSchoonsBeard
09-07-2015, 13:49
Just checked it on PC, it works exactly the same (except the grid size can be bigger of course ;)) But as this is not really a bug, best way would be to just "reserve" the number of human players you think might join your server.
If you are playing with friends, you propably know how many will join (even at a later point). When you are doing public races, its up to you to maybe give room for 7 others and the rest will be AI.

Otherwise just post your suggestions in the Feature Suggestion Thread over here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions).

Thanks. I've put in a feature request but not for a dynamically changing number of AI. If it changed dynamically it wouldn't be possible to join a practice or qualifying session after it had started.

The request just asks for the ability to adjust the existing settings manually between races but without having to set up another room.

Here's the link

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34526-Manually-adjust-number-of-Humans-AI-to-fill-grid-in-lobby-without-creating-new-lobby