PDA

View Full Version : Are you an old Forza head too?

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 07:53
I know I am, and I'm pretty sure I've spotted a couple of guys from Forza.net here so far.
My Xbox GT is JOCKEYS I3LOX.
If you're an old Forza head say hello and let's see if we can help each other out with tunes and settings on this new game.
See you all out on track and remember, keep the rubber side down!

Fanatec wheel user. (eventually!)

David McKenna
10-05-2015, 07:59
Welcome to the greatest show on earth ;)

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 08:01
Welcome to the greatest show on earth ;)

Potentially! ��

Fuzzynuts
10-05-2015, 08:02
I loved forza 4 but forza 5 was a big let down to me but I'm so glad this has finally come out I can't wait to see you guys out there keep your eyes posted on here for events ect ect

Santa2515
10-05-2015, 08:06
Indeed Forza 3 & 4 for me

Same name, different console

Santa

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 08:10
I loved forza 4 but forza 5 was a big let down to me but I'm so glad this has finally come out I can't wait to see you guys out there keep your eyes posted on here for events ect ect

Lol. Forza 5 was an absolute disgrace wasn't it?! I played 1 - 4 but refused to buy a Bone because it wouldn't support my wheel, it was a blessing in disguise though really.
This game has the potential to be fantastic.

Photonmonkey
10-05-2015, 09:43
Hi, yep came from Forza 5 via selling my Xbox one to get a PS4 and have to say loving Pcars so much, the handling track count it's all good!

Just trying to find the best cam settings FOV at the moment

xLeper_Messiah
10-05-2015, 09:57
Hey Jockey, I recognize you from FMnet, I was L3p3rm3ss14h there. I made my console decision back when XONE still had bundled Kinect and always online, sooo a Ps4 was the sensible choice at the time.

I felt a little heartbroken to leave my favorite racing franchise behind, and the loooong wait for a good racing game has made that loss even worse...til now! Well, until Tuesday for me anyway, plan on picking up the digital version as soon as it appears on the US psn store. Give me a few days to get acclimated, then maybe I'll see you online (or on the leaderboards)!

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 10:11
Hey Jockey, I recognize you from FMnet, I was L3p3rm3ss14h there. I made my console decision back when XONE still had bundled Kinect and always online, sooo a Ps4 was the sensible choice at the time.

I felt a little heartbroken to leave my favorite racing franchise behind, and the loooong wait for a good racing game has made that loss even worse...til now! Well, until Tuesday for me anyway, plan on picking up the digital version as soon as it appears on the US psn store. Give me a few days to get acclimated, then maybe I'll see you online (or on the leaderboards)!

I recognise your GT alright man, good to see you've joined up here too. I too felt sad about not getting to play Forza 5 but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, T10 have lost their way and the Bone is a POS!
As soon as the wheel support is fixed for this game I'll definitely see you online.

xLeper_Messiah
10-05-2015, 10:19
Sounds good man, also I forgot to mention my psn name is the same as my username on here. Can you believe L3p3rm3ss14h was taken when I signed up for psn?! Sheesh...:P

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 10:31
Sounds good man, also I forgot to mention my psn name is the same as my username on here. Can you believe L3p3rm3ss14h was taken when I signed up for psn?! Sheesh...:P

You're kidding? How do I know you're not an imposter then?!

silversi
10-05-2015, 11:03
Forza 5 was a massive let down, personally I preferred Forza Horizon..

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 17:26
Forza 5 was a massive let down, personally I preferred Forza Horizon..

Horizon could have been good if they had have used Forza 4's physics, tuning and car models imho.
I found the demo a bit damp.

Poulka
05-09-2015, 15:39
I popped into this thread to old Forza head here too on forums and with Forza 2,3, and 4. Tried out 5 at GameStop when it released and have not touched it since Forza 6 demo dropped. PCars even with it few bugs is a racers dream for me. It's a few other Forza heads here as well.

Gavin Thomas
05-09-2015, 15:59
If it wasn't for Forza I would never have ended up on PC and on this game. :D

Lived on Forza 4 lost weeks of my life to that game and the 1FTR Club.

Haiden
05-09-2015, 17:26
Lol. Forza 5 was an absolute disgrace wasn't it?! I played 1 - 4 but refused to buy a Bone because it wouldn't support my wheel, it was a blessing in disguise though really.
This game has the potential to be fantastic.

I bought a wheel for my Xb1, and then wished I had bought the 360 version, because F5, was so light on content. I couldn't wait for PCars to come out. :)

Sasquatch
05-09-2015, 22:34
Well, I played all sorts of racing games. I buy the F1 games, NFS' annually. Had lots of time in LFS, GTR2, & GTL as well. Had tons of time into Forza 1-4, was extremely disappoint and ripped off by Horizon 1. Although GT keeps me happy if I feel the need to time trial different cars that are default.

Besides Pcars, Driveclub has been my, well, drug for the last year so far.

GrimeyDog
05-09-2015, 23:01
I Did all the Forza Games... Even bought a TX wheel & T500 Pedals for XB1 and FM5... What a Let down Forza5 was!!! Forza was Best when i was a Controler user... Once i went to a Wheel Forza was a Huge let down...PCars is the way of the Future!!! I got the FM6 demo but havent played it yet i been tooo busey with PCars. LOL PSN, XBox Gamer tags are in my Sig.

Jd42
06-09-2015, 02:51
One here also.. Just couldn't continue on with the poorly designed Xbox 360! Had 3 with red rings of death in less than 3 years. Finally gave up.. Won't go back to the X. First two forza games were great.. Played them more than GT! Interested in FM 6 but just can't convert over again.:sorrow:

madmax2069
06-09-2015, 03:29
Forza 3 was my favorite

Beatminister
06-09-2015, 13:58
Forza head... that sounds a bit impolite for a german... :)

Redslayer
07-09-2015, 14:53
Forza 1,2,3,4 and Horizon 1 for me. Retired after Forza 4 because Forza 5 was a disgrace to the series in my opinion, and all the stuff MS was trying to do. On top of that, my wheel with a Forza emblem in the center, works on PS4 but not XBO. So I became a PS4 gamer this gen. Some of the cars in this game remind me of the feel of Forza, but I do still miss it sometimes.

Dark_Redslayer

On PSN.

Synner40
07-09-2015, 15:19
PS1 ->GT1 ->GT2 ->PS2 ->GT3 ->GT4 ->Xbox ->Forza ->X360 ->Forza 2 -> PS3 -> GT5 -> GT6 -> PS4 -> PCars

in a way yes. I am. but I am more of a GT Head then anything.

CopperySinger5
07-09-2015, 17:06
Forza 3 was my favorite

Yeah smart choice, Forza 3 had some nice Porsche models.

Redslayer
07-09-2015, 19:41
PS1 ->GT1 ->GT2 ->PS2 ->GT3 ->GT4 ->Xbox ->Forza ->X360 ->Forza 2 -> PS3 -> GT5 -> GT6 -> PS4 -> PCars

in a way yes. I am. but I am more of a GT Head then anything.

I went PS1 -> GT -> Ps2 -> GT3 ->GT4 -> Xbox -> FM1 -> Xb360 -> FM2 -> FM3 -> FM4 -> PS4 -> Pcars

tons of other racing games along the way, like for awhile between FM4 and Pcars I played nothing but F1 2012 and 2014.

Quantum
08-09-2015, 21:38
Previous Forza 2 and 3 racer here. I change gamer tag with each new console, and/or game if I can, so I'm neither sure who I was, and I don't recognise any names here... but yeah, I imagine there are plenty of us. I can't remember now, but I may have had the first one. My only memory of that was a friend and I questioning why the turning was so bad in a racing game claiming to be a 'sim'. Needless to say numerous updates resolved the issue. Of course we may have been in the 'wrong' car as the game had notoriously poor turning on some of the 4-wheel drive Lambos, and I'm pretty sure the Veron had its virtual steering rack removed. Ah, the good ol' days; when Microsoft had the most powerful console and PC gaming was popular. And I was happy that when you played a co-op game people actually communicated!

Yeah smart choice, Forza 3 had some nice Porsche models.

It also had the best leaderboards. If I remember correctly it was based on races and regulations within the single player game. None of this single lap rubbish. So there were likely fewer people sitting there for hours and hours doing a single lap in order to reach the dizzy heights at the top. Suited me down to the ground. Unfortunately Forza 4 went for single laps. Sadly it bundled ABS/driver aid racers with decent racers.

Eyerex
10-09-2015, 16:54
Spent most nights playing Forza 3 B class then 4 in D class plus the ovals was in Startfast club

Schnizz58
10-09-2015, 17:23
Are you an old Forza head too?
I would say, "Former Forza Head."

nissan4ever
11-09-2015, 08:20
I'm a retired "Forza Head". Series just not going to go in the direction I want. IMO, it's going on the wrong direction.
Hence Project CARS & 2 yrs from now Project CARS 2. Yesterday, I did the 3 hr McLaren F1 career race at Zolder. That was an extremely fun experience. There's no way I would have ever wanted to do a 3 hr career race on FM. Let alone race for 3 straight hrs either on FM.

Old screen name on FM.net - gangrel

Titzon Toast
11-09-2015, 08:46
I'm a retired "Forza Head". Series just not going to go in the direction I want. IMO, it's going on the wrong direction.
Hence Project CARS & 2 yrs from now Project CARS 2. Yesterday, I did the 3 hr McLaren F1 career race at Zolder. That was an extremely fun experience. There's no way I would have ever wanted to do a 3 hr career race on FM. Let alone race for 3 straight hrs either on FM.

Old screen name on FM.net - gangrel

I remember your GT from forza.net alright.
Shoot me a FR man.

danowat
11-09-2015, 08:47
Former?, nah, I'm a current one ;) (FM6 is pretty good) as well as being a PCars player on PS4

Titzon Toast
11-09-2015, 10:53
Former?, nah, I'm a current one ;) (FM6 is pretty good) as well as being a PCars player on PS4
I had a go of the demo on my pal's console.
I thought it was a bit dull tbh.

danowat
11-09-2015, 11:26
I had a go of the demo on my pal's console.
I thought it was a bit dull tbh.

To be honest, I quite expected those kind of comments on the PS4 section of the forum :)

nex0r
11-09-2015, 13:24
Forza was one of the games I put the most time into, F2,3,4, Horizon. Forza 4 was my favourite and I used to be in the top 30 tuners worldwide, I didn't post much on FNet though. Like many when the XBone launched with a Kinnect I didn't want, with features I would never use and Forza 5 showed Microsoft's vision of restrictions and micro transactions I called it a day. I bought a PS4 and haven't looked back.

MS and T10 have made some shocking decisions in the past, removing private lobbies was a corker!

I'm not ruling out buying a XBone but Forza 6 would need to back to F4 standards and I'm still hoping for a slim version.

Titzon Toast
11-09-2015, 20:29
To be honest, I quite expected those kind of comments on the PS4 section of the forum :)

I'm no Fanboy.
I played GT from 1 to 4, I played Forza from 1 to 4 too.

Sum Dixon-Ear
12-09-2015, 00:33
I'm no Fanboy.
I remember the halcyon days of Fanboy Three... but Forza's only got two left that I know of... and one of them's Dan!

Joke... ish

Skrillex
12-09-2015, 02:30
My son played Forza on xbox 360 at GameStop. He thought it was cool, but he's only 7 and doesn't know any better :)