PDA

View Full Version : Very bad console port.

TomekCB
10-05-2015, 09:08
First: ive never seen such a bad port on console. We pay 70 and get a beta.

I love racing and hoped for a Simracer on console for so long. Im not new to simulation. Played all since Grand Prix 2 on PC in the 90's. Last PC sim was GTR2. I love how the cars feel in pCars and the whole aproach to realism. But this Produkt is not finished. Thats not early access. You take as much and more money as the other racing games on console and give us an unfinisched, unoptimised, buggy pc port.
It looks as if there was no beta testing on consoles. No QA at all. There are massive problems and you released it anyway. WHY?

I looked forward to this produkt and sitting disappointed in front of my wheel now. I hope you fix all this before starting the announced developement of pCars2. I want to love this Sim but its such a pain in the ....

Problems:

UI sliders only in 5% steps possible. Like deadzone. Or some important things in the wheel ffb setup.
(overall UI is bad design.

Autocenter on FFB Wheel (T300rs) is activatet throug ingame FFB drivers. We can not disable it in System settings.
(No option for disabel Center-Spring on PS4)

FFB clipping tool somethimes shows a white line in the lower half of the screen. After going in box and out on track again its gone.
( What ist this white line)

FFB goes crazy on some tracks at Pit.

No Spotter chater on some tracks.

Collisions glitch out somethimes.

The Motor Sound mutes somethimes mid race.

Ghosting on PS4

AI problems on some tracks.

Crashes (4 times in in 8 hours) on a console.

No description on many options. Like Controller modes. (What is mode 1, 2, 3)

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 09:24
Trade it in then!!!! And never come back here

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 09:31

What sort of a tool are you to post a reply like that?
The guy is absolutely right.
I can't believe there are fanboys here already.

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 09:35
Yes there are a few problems. Every game has them but half of what's reported I have not seen on the PS4 version.

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 09:38
First: ive never seen such a bad port on console. We pay 70€ and get a beta.

I love racing and hoped for a Simracer on console for so long. Im not new to simulation. Played all since Grand Prix 2 on PC in the 90's. Last PC sim was GTR2. I love how the cars feel in pCars and the whole aproach to realism. But this Produkt is not finished. Thats not early access. You take as much and more money as the other racing games on console and give us an unfinisched, unoptimised, buggy pc port.
It looks as if there was no beta testing on consoles. No QA at all. There are massive problems and you released it anyway. WHY?

I looked forward to this produkt and sitting disappointed in front of my wheel now. I hope you fix all this before starting the announced developement of pCars2. I want to love this Sim but its such a pain in the ....

Problems:

UI sliders only in 5% steps possible. Like deadzone. Or some important things in the wheel ffb setup.
(overall UI is bad design.

Autocenter on FFB Wheel (T300rs) is activatet throug ingame FFB drivers. We can not disable it in System settings.
(No option for disabel Center-Spring on PS4)

FFB clipping tool somethimes shows a white line in the lower half of the screen. After going in box and out on track again its gone.
( What ist this white line)

FFB goes crazy on some tracks at Pit.

No Spotter chater on some tracks.

Collisions glitch out somethimes.

The Motor Sound mutes somethimes mid race.

Ghosting on PS4

AI problems on some tracks.

Crashes (4 times in in 8 hours) on a console.

No description on many options. Like Controller modes. (What is mode 1, 2, 3)

Please can you refrain from that attitude it won't get you anywhere on this forum.

Some the issues you have described are known to the developers.

Please take a look through this thread and see if any of the existing threads help with a workaround until some of the issues are addressed more formally.

PS4 Sticky (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PS4%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!)

Pete

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 09:39
Post #2 still was unnecessary. We're here to help each other and not to become offensive. #1's beginning isn't picture perfect either (justifiable due to frustration maybe), but at least there's information about what is wrong for him.

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 09:39
Yes there are a few problems. Every game has them but half of what's reported I have not seen on the PS4 version.

So just because you haven't seen them they don't exist?
What sort of stupid logic is that?

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 09:43

As said... Careful with the attitude please!

andyparks
10-05-2015, 09:48
The game was delayed and it should have been delayed more we've already gone through this with driveclub and other games this looks like it's a trend buy a game console and become a beta tester on unfinished games

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 09:50
Most of the visual problem lie with the users TV and its setup.
One apologises for attitude shown.

TomekCB
10-05-2015, 09:57
Why are you think is this Froum? (Technical thread)

I love this game when it works! I Looked forward to it since 3 Years now. Got a full rig for it and hoped to get what they told us we will get.

How old are you. Whats the point in your reply. If you would love this sim like i do, you would try to get it fixed. Yes i rant sort of in the begining, but i want this thing to be what it want to be itself. On consoles its definitive inferior to PC and very buggy.

I assume you are very young and dont understand how the world works. I bought a produkt and paid for it. They sold us an unfinished produkt and its my right to write them about. If you dont like it just dont read it. Grow up, calm down, make you own expiriences in the real world, learn how to comunicate with other people and come back if you want.

Its guys like you why we got this many unfinished games on release.

Sorry for bad english its not my native language

MysterG
10-05-2015, 10:01
So just because you haven't seen them they don't exist?
What sort of stupid logic is that?

Whilst I understand your sentiment you could have phrased it better as could the OP have used a less antagonistic thread title.

Unfortunately It's one of those things that depends on which side of the problems you are on.

Just because you have the problem does not mean the console port is bad. At worst it means that there are problems that could not be picked up in the development and QA process, part of which is done by the console manufacturers themselves.

I understand peoples frustrations but we really need to try and post constructively rather than venting. The devs are working hard to fix things.

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 10:22
Whilst I understand your sentiment you could have phrased it better as could the OP have used a less antagonistic thread title.

Unfortunately It's one of those things that depends on which side of the problems you are on.

Just because you have the problem does not mean the console port is bad. At worst it means that there are problems that could not be picked up in the development and QA process, part of which is done by the console manufacturers themselves.

I understand peoples frustrations but we really need to try and post constructively rather than venting. The devs are working hard to fix things.

You're absolutely right, I'm sorry for snapping at that guy but I couldn't believe his response to the OP.
I should have spotted that he is more than likely just a kid.

bandidoFPS
10-05-2015, 13:10
We need to post constructive answers about bugs , complain is good, and helps devs to polishing de game.

TomekCB
10-05-2015, 13:20
No I bought a finished product. I paid for it. That's the problem with the whole gaming industry. They knew it's not finished. Day 1 patch proves this.They put it in shelves unfinished. There is no excuse for this. When a game you buy needs a patch to work day one it's broken on disc. Declare it as early access if you want do this. Don't blame me for this. I don't buy games to work on them.I buy them to have fun.

jdmnsprd
14-05-2015, 21:51
Bump

FoxMulder
14-05-2015, 23:10
"I don't buy games to work on them.I buy them to have fun."

I couldn't have said it better. This clearly is still in Early Access and we are used as QA department and bug testers. Sad.

biomarvel
15-05-2015, 08:50
No I bought a finished product. I paid for it. That's the problem with the whole gaming industry. They knew it's not finished. Day 1 patch proves this.They put it in shelves unfinished. There is no excuse for this. When a game you buy needs a patch to work day one it's broken on disc. Declare it as early access if you want do this. Don't blame me for this. I don't buy games to work on them.I buy them to have fun.

The issue with gaming nowadays is that there is never enough of a beta test to iron out all of the bugs that are in the game, the best way to get these sorted is to release the game as best as you can, game companies dont generally have that many in house QA testers so they are not going to find all the bugs, there are so many different options that its only certain combinations of settings that can create these glitches. They are going to happen in every game you get, there is never going to be a 100% finished and polished game because until you let your game loose on the millions of gamers out there you will never find every single bug.

Its frustrating i agree, but at the end of the day if you post the bugs you find in a constructive way then you technically are adding to the product, the developers will take your comments on board, and with this being a COMMUNITY ASSISTED RACING SIMULATOR they will listen to what people say.

Dont expect a load of small patches though like alot of games out there, expect a few big patches which will take into account many many bugs.

Be patient...enjoy the game when it works and just laugh when it doesnt. Its all comical really.

Pablo2008jedi
15-05-2015, 09:00
it means that there are problems that could not be picked up in the development and QA process, part of which is done by the console manufacturers themselves.

I don't like this comment, it assumes MS/Sony have put a full QA team on the testing, they don't! It's no where near that kind of testing, it's basic testing to make sure the game deploys, installs and runs without major issues or causing harm to the console. I've worked with a 3rd party hardware maker who worked closely with MS (not in the gaming industry) MS idea of testing was to make sure drivers/software causes no crashes/BSOD to Windows they don't care if the product worked.

Now this is a complete guess, but I doubt MS/Sony would spend money testing someone else's Game to make sure it worked as it should.

GBRC.C7
15-05-2015, 10:43
The issue with gaming nowadays is that there is never enough of a beta test to iron out all of the bugs that are in the game, the best way to get these sorted is to release the game as best as you can, game companies dont generally have that many in house QA testers so they are not going to find all the bugs, there are so many different options that its only certain combinations of settings that can create these glitches. They are going to happen in every game you get, there is never going to be a 100% finished and polished game because until you let your game loose on the millions of gamers out there you will never find every single bug.

Its frustrating i agree, but at the end of the day if you post the bugs you find in a constructive way then you technically are adding to the product, the developers will take your comments on board, and with this being a COMMUNITY ASSISTED RACING SIMULATOR they will listen to what people say.

Dont expect a load of small patches though like alot of games out there, expect a few big patches which will take into account many many bugs.

Be patient...enjoy the game when it works and just laugh when it doesnt. Its all comical really.

Its one thing saying that every little glitch on every vehicle on every track with every one of the game options cant be found because of all the permutations possible. Its another thing entirely to say that a major part of the game ffb and wheel support cant be tested, Christ if I had all of the wheels available to me and a PS4 I could test all the wheels in a day (including mounting & unmounting from a rig) for basic operation. This clearly has not happened on PS4 with any of the fanatic wheels as none of them work properly with any set of permutations it appears.

There are 8 Thrustmaster wheels supported in game and officially 7 Fanatec wheels

Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2
Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2

From the threads here not even the Clubsport V2 works properly and the GT2/3 wheels are just seen as a controller.
THIS IS NOT A MATER OF PERMUTATIONS ITS SIMPLY THAT THEY CAN ONLY HAVE BEEN TESTED BY A DRUNK CHIMANZEE, or more likely they were never tested at all, HALF (as near as makes no difference)..............................

We are now the chumps it seems !

DBR ScotishCol
15-05-2015, 10:48
I have just joined forum and it seems attitude is worried about more than giving us a sub standard product with more glitches than GridAutosport. Please can someone explain why product was released with so many issues?????

Kurukuru
15-05-2015, 11:14
Please can you refrain from that attitude it won't get you anywhere on this forum.

Some the issues you have described are known to the developers.

Please take a look through this thread and see if any of the existing threads help with a workaround until some of the issues are addressed more formally.

PS4 Sticky (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PS4%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!)

Pete

For clarification, could you please explain what is wrong with TomekCB's attitude? He seems to have made some very good points, and I don't see any rudeness or offensive remarks in his post.

It is obvious to anybody who has played other games that there are a lot of issues with Project CARS, both in single player and online modes. The only way to get these issues addressed is to feed them back. Doing so shouldn't be considered having an "attitude".

Thanks.

HeeseyChelmet
15-05-2015, 12:41

I work in software testing. Tell me one piece of software anywhere that has 0 bugs/ known issues

djhonda
15-05-2015, 13:22
Or maybe, just maybe back in the days when we remember we got all those games polished from the box we got them bugged as well but we never got any patches and no one complained we were just happy to play what we had?

I'm not defending developers here and I'm far from being a kid (unfortunately) but I play this game since release day here in U.S. - on ps4 - and I don't have all those issues. Only complaint so far is car behavior off the track, on a grass and sand - it's too difficult to get it back on track but I'm sure it will be fixed in a patch and that's fine.

Patches and constant fixing isn't exclusive to gaming industry. Take Fuji cameras as an example: on day one they are usually buggy little props, after 15 software updates they become wonderful tools. And no one complaints, Fuji gets praised for the approach. So my suggestion: less whining, more constructive feedback, more playing and just wait for those patches to hit your consoles.

Peace!

K_Soze
15-05-2015, 13:27
You can play ??? You are lucky. I can not turn my wheel, the FFB makes my wheel doing crazy noise, give random violent impulses. Right now the game is not "full of bugs", the games DOES NOT WORK.
It is like saying a broken car is working because you can still open the windows... :)

djhonda
15-05-2015, 13:47
Yep, 6hrs of gameplay, so far so good:) I'm using DS for now so wouldn't know anything about wheel problems.

GhostXR
15-05-2015, 14:42
Glad you're happy. Many people aren't - in my case I was stoked to have a console title that would support my Fanatec GT2 on a PS4. Pre-ordered the game for $60 at Best Buy and waited until may 12th. Issues started when I picked up the game - apparently the "pre-order bonus" means that I was ALLOWED to BUY the pre-order modified car pack, cause I had to pay an additional $5 for it. OK, whatever, just happy to have a new-gen console game that finally supports my steering wheel.

Get home, fire up the console, wait for the patch download aaand... The game is unplayable with a steering wheel. I messed with it for 3 hours hoping that I set something wrong. Nope. As of now I refuse to play the game again until it's fixed. If I wanted to play a racing game with a controller I would stick to playing Forza 5 on my Xbox One. As of now I have a $65+tax coffee mug coaster. Not happy to say the least, the whole point of buying this for the PS4 was because I don't feel like messing around with the settings on the HTPC or playing with a controller.

Dreco
15-05-2015, 14:52
Be thankful to have a sim racing game on console.

joking_aura
15-05-2015, 15:23
The wheel issues are inexcusable. There is no way this was missed in any testing. It is so blatantly obvious from the first race. I have the T300RS wheel which is the only wheel officially supported and marketed for the PS4. I may understand if there were issues with the Fanatec wheels, but come on. I bought the console version so I did not have to spend hours tweaking and troubleshooting. Please prioritize the wheel issues. I can deal with the other issues until they are patched. I cannot continue to drive with a wheel that provides erroneous feedback due to center spring issue. I expect more fidelity in a sim.

FoxMulder
15-05-2015, 16:19
Took FROM SOFTWARE around one month to roll out a patch for Bloodborne that fixed loading times and improved performance. Guess we all have to wait a little more and be patient. But with the amount of bugs and glitches coming in every day I'm afraid it's gonna take them more than just 4 weeks, sadly.

Howie
15-05-2015, 16:30
The game was delayed and it should have been delayed more we've already gone through this with driveclub and other games this looks like it's a trend buy a game console and become a beta tester on unfinished games

Or, if you know that "this is a trend". Why not wait before you buy a newly released game for all the patches to come out? It's been this way since the beginning of Computer Gaming! Doesn't everyone know new games always have problems that were undetected in the Gold version?

CopperySinger5
15-05-2015, 16:55
I would say, try playing the game a little more. If you like to play forza, gran turismo or something similar, this game should give you a big thrill. I think ui sliders could use instructions but overall it seems impressive, being able to make many adjustments. a few tweaks should make it better. I'm on ps4 and use dual shock 4 with deadzone=0 and minimum stability. however, I agree we need spotter chatter in all major races. Ghosting? I have experienced it, and im running it on a 120 refresh rate hdtv. however I do like the way the game looks. and I have crashed about 3 times with hard copy disk since the game US release. I really hate the crashing part.

gp20
15-05-2015, 17:37
Hmmm IMO if they are not able to fix most of the bugs in a couple of months they have to prepare to a class action against the studio for a partial refund of the game.
My 2 cts.
A lot of people are upset and don't understand this situation.

PhaedrusSocrates
15-05-2015, 21:11

This is not sim, it has rubberbanding.

GhostXR
17-05-2015, 19:57

Ummm, yeah ok. I should be thankful that I wasted money on a broken sim that does not work as advertised? I am aware of games needing patches, been playing for the last 20 years at least, still have rFactor, GT Legends, Sports car GT and all GTR games on the HTPC. I understand that not all bugs will be caught prior to the game going gold. But the steering wheel issues are so glaring that I find it hard to believe that they were tested at all.
The reason I bought this game for a console is so that I don't have to muck around with a PC. Had I known how broken the wheel support is I would've passed on this until a year down the road when it hit the bargain bins instead of spending $70+. Thank God I didn't buy the GT2 or the PS4 solely for this game or I would've been seriously pi$$ed off.

Titzon Toast
17-05-2015, 20:53
Or, if you know that "this is a trend". Why not wait before you buy a newly released game for all the patches to come out? It's been this way since the beginning of Computer Gaming! Doesn't everyone know new games always have problems that were undetected in the Gold version?
That's fairly specious reasoning you have there.
"If you knew it was going to be broken then why did you buy it in the first place?!"
Yes, unfortunately these days we expect games to have bugs on release, but it doesn't mean we should just accept it does it?
Remember the days of the Nintendo 64, Sega Megadrive, the original Playstion etc, etc? Games used to ship on the cartridge or cd ready to rock and (mostly) not needing patches.
SMS shot themselves in the foot by releasing this game with broken wheel support, we'd all be busy doing laps right now and only grumbling about the other stuff instead of sitting here posting on their forums.
I've no doubt they're working away furiously in the background trying get things fixed and I'm confident that they can.But people have a right be a bit pissed off at this stage.
I just want to finally be able to play this great game, I honestly believe it's going to be the best console racer ever, I just want it now damn it! :cool:

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 00:58
As someone new to "sim" racing, I'm what you guys call a "noob"....but I'm well versed in business operations and profitability. I see this theme throughout these threads,"Why was the game rushed to market.", "Why release the game knowing there were bugs?"......well, there are many reasons this happens. 1st: as technology advances, so too does the expectations of the consumer. As developers and publishers try to push the envelope and deliver on promises, sometimes they over reach and under achieve. Sometimes the consumers expectations are unrealistic. But the great companies fix what's broken, improve the product moving forward, and reap the benefits with a devoted customer base. 2: This is most important. Why was the game released with bugs? Because every company has investors. Those investors want a return on their money. The longer this game was delayed, the more likely some consumers would abandon all together and that equates to lost revenue. Gaming today relies heavily on the Internet. This gives developers the opportunity to patch things that are broken, offer dlc when appropriate, and still give investors the sales and returns on their investments. While it's very likely everyone at SMS are 110% devoted to making the best game they can, they also have a business responsibility to people behind the scenes looking for a return on their money. Gaming is a business. Instead of whining about bugs, expecting perfection, and asking for a refund...let SMS do everything they can to give you the experience you paid for. You paid a lousy $60 for some enjoyment. Enjoy it. Note glitches and bugs in the forums and let SMS remedy the issues. If they don't eventually fix the issues, remember it and don't give them your money on future titles. It's an easy way to show your displeasure.

By the way, I have 8 friends who've purchased this game. 3 on PS4, 2 on Xbox One, and 3 on PC. All have come across bugs. Nothing debilitating. We look past them and appreciate the value of our $60 spent. I logged 4hrs today playing. 4hrs last night playing. Probably another 10 hours last week. I've probably played 18-20hrs since I bought it. That equates to $3hr. I won't complain.

ivan-hoe78
18-05-2015, 01:58
Or maybe, just maybe back in the days when we remember we got all those games polished from the box we got them bugged as well but we never got any patches and no one complained we were just happy to play what we had?

I'm not defending developers here and I'm far from being a kid (unfortunately) but I play this game since release day here in U.S. - on ps4 - and I don't have all those issues. Only complaint so far is car behavior off the track, on a grass and sand - it's too difficult to get it back on track but I'm sure it will be fixed in a patch and that's fine.

Patches and constant fixing isn't exclusive to gaming industry. Take Fuji cameras as an example: on day one they are usually buggy little props, after 15 software updates they become wonderful tools. And no one complaints, Fuji gets praised for the approach. So my suggestion: less whining, more constructive feedback, more playing and just wait for those patches to hit your consoles.

Peace!

Yep, 6hrs of gameplay, so far so good:) I'm using DS for now so wouldn't know anything about wheel problems.

On my first 25 hours of gameplay (half career,half solo practicing aprox) I have only experienced a few bugs, but nothing critical. I was crazy of happiness with the game. Now with more of 25 hours, I am having big critical bugs, that makes the game practically unplayable. The game suddenly crash and takes me to the menu of the console or reset it sometimes, the problem with the center spring on the steering wheel (T300) this is from day one, the road cars suddenly become sleds over ice...I'm playing through career mode, and I can't enjoy it without problems.

Hope we all will enjoy the game soon like Project Cars and us deserves. Peace for all and good luck!