PDA

View Full Version : AI does not pit in career?

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 09:28
I don't know if it's me but I notice that the AI never pits in career but my engineer keeps telling me I need to pit every race. I do 3 or 4 laps races and even with tyre wear turned off I'm asked to pit every race. I ignore the pit warning but is there something I'm overlooking or is this something not very well implemented.

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 09:30
Assuming that you talk about mandatory stops, this is a known bug. The AI does pit, but it does that in the very last lap which obviously is not what it should be. Be sure that this is on the devs' list.

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 09:37
Not sure if those are mandatory pit stops as I never got penalized for not pitting.

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 09:44
The pit engineer also tells you that when you have considerable damage, f.e. bent/broken suspension parts or aero components. This doesn't require an immediate stop, it's much more of a warning, that's how I take it. If you still perform well and there's no mandatory stops then it's up to you whether you'll pit. Nobody will cut your head off if you win that gamble. ;) Not obeying mandatory stops should trigger some penalty though.

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 09:50
I must be a very bad driver :cool: Every race I get this pit warning and I never touch the AI and stay on the tarmac most of the time.

Scoobydude46
10-05-2015, 09:50
In my first 5 lap career race I pitted on the 4th lap, as I got into the pit I had a message saying someone was in my pit. The auto drive took me through the pit without stopping and I got black flagged as soon as I got back out onto the track......annoying but laughed my socks off.....what an awesome game, thanks to all the developers

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 14:46
I must be a very bad driver :cool: Every race I get this pit warning and I never touch the AI and stay on the tarmac most of the time.
That isn't normal then. :confused: I much rather have to laud your clean driving style then.

Thinking about that, I remember that we had a bug once that was connected to disabled fuel and tyre usage so that the engineer would annoy you with his pitting requests. We squashed that though AFAIK. Can you make a picture of your gameplay settings, especially the page where you see the settings for fuel consumption and tyre wear?

flymar
10-05-2015, 14:49
If AI don't do mandatory pitting is a but then it's surely not consistent one. I'm doing Clio career and there they pit. I'm not sure if all but definitely I overtake few of them on every lap when they are in pits.

TheBiGW
10-05-2015, 22:35
I had this bug on oulton park. Three of the cars pitted on the last lap. Their pit garages were the other side of the start/finish line which meant they finished the race a good 20-25 seconds ahead of me even though I had a good 10s lead. Very annoying!

thomasjohansen
16-05-2015, 20:11
I just started a formula A career and drove the 1. dubai race in full length, 57 laps in 95% difficulty, and non of the AI pitted. I had to pit for tyre change once which sent me from first to last place, just for a pit!

Wouldnt think its realistic to drive 57 laps in formula A without a tire change.

HarryHoodlum
16-05-2015, 20:18
I had this bug on oulton park. Three of the cars pitted on the last lap. Their pit garages were the other side of the start/finish line which meant they finished the race a good 20-25 seconds ahead of me even though I had a good 10s lead. Very annoying!

This exact thing has happened to me. And I swear in one GT4 race, two BMWs from the same team didn't pit at all. They won by 20s and I entered the put with a 10s lead. No way I lost that much ground.

Mr.Smoke
16-05-2015, 20:41
This happened to me last night in GT5. All my previous races the AI had done their mandatory pit. Cant remember which track it was on, but i went from a 10s lead in 1st back to 20th but managed to finish in 17th. Was rather annoying. They didnt even attempt to pit on the final lap either.

HarryHoodlum
16-05-2015, 21:07
As now I just had a race where it worked fine. Must be dependent on the track. I'm hesitant to keep increasing the difficulty because of the fluke losses I've had to endure.

madmax2069
16-05-2015, 22:09
I dont have tire wear or fuel usage on but I have often noticed that I dont even make it a full lap before a scheduled pit is thrown on the screen.

Ive noticed that the fuel gauge shows random amounts even on the same race multiple times(anywhere from 1 liter or gallon to 30+ liters or gallons. The cars fuel starts only around 1 liter or gallon most of the times at the start of the race (not enough fuel to even race), which and you'll almost immediately get a scheduled pit request before you complete a lap.

Mr.Smoke
16-05-2015, 22:14
Im in the same boat as you. I just deleted my save file as im going to restart on pro difficulty & my boy was racing & affecting my stats. Going to create him a seperate profile to use lol.

Not sure where im going to place the AI difficulty this time around though. I had it at 60% before & it wasnt overly challenging, but with real assists & driving lines now that i switched to pro, i might leave it at 60% or turn the driving line back on & switch it to 70%.

Going to start in GT4 instead of GT5 this time & hope the AI pits like they are supposed to.

Klondike68
20-06-2015, 06:19
I also have the cant win a race due to pitted AI cars bug.

In the Carrer Clio at Oultton park race 2.

Cant win even I am way ahead of the AI. They are pitted and get credited with the win.

Gaz B 007
20-06-2015, 10:25
Yeah lot's of problems regarding the AI pit stops from what I've heard. I've never had that problem myself but it seems quite common for a lot of users. I'm sure they're addressing it for a future patch.

daddyboosive
20-06-2015, 10:34
I've never ecountered this. Everytime I've pitted when been in 1st. Yes I've come out further down the line but gained first back by the end when everyone else has pitted. This is on 100% difficulty also.

th3deejay
08-07-2015, 14:05
That what's just happened to me. After starting the race, I've pitted just after the first lap (on Lap 2), entered the box 1st and 4sec before the 2nd driver. One of the AI just pitted on the final lap (lap 5). As the spot that he must stop into the box is after the finish line he won the race into the box. You guys can see on the screen attached. AI on 1st and I'm the 2nd.

Jeremy_GP
22-05-2017, 19:25
I need to revive this thread, or I can open a new one if preferred. I see that this was opened under PS4, but I would suspect this issue would be the same cross-platform.

Can anyone please HELP with this?? I very recently purchased the game of the year edition of pCARS as my first ever real PC game (I'm in my 30s), and was loving it up until I started a Formula A career and ran into this issue on the first track of the season (Dubai). After working hard to get to the level that I could qualify first at the same AI difficulty I had been running the LMP1 car on comfortably, and having made the jump of turning on real fuel and tire use, I began running happily through a full length, 57 lap race, only to find after I made my first pit stop that NONE of the others cars would EVER go anywhere near the pit lane!! They just got further and further ahead as I made my 2nd pit stop later in the race, and by then I was stuck in the middle of the pack, lapped by half of them (ok, so I spun out a few times too), all the while turning fastest laps of the race, but woefully behind even p21 (45s+), and yet they NEVER PITTED.

I cannot continue to play the Formula A career if every race is going to be like this, and I really want to love this game. It's just NO FUN though, when your opponents tires are indestructible, which is (obviously) completely unrealistic. With real tire use turned on, the AI really should be pitting around the same time I am, or sooner! Time progression has never been changed away from real time.

Is this a bug or is there some setting I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 19:33
I need to revive this thread, or I can open a new one if preferred. I see that this was opened under PS4, but I would suspect this issue would be the same cross-platform.

Can anyone please HELP with this?? I very recently purchased the game of the year edition of pCARS as my first ever real PC game (I'm in my 30s), and was loving it up until I started a Formula A career and ran into this issue on the first track of the season (Dubai). After working hard to get to the level that I could qualify first at the same AI difficulty I had been running the LMP1 car on comfortably, and having made the jump of turning on real fuel and tire use, I began running happily through a full length, 57 lap race, only to find after I made my first pit stop that NONE of the others cars would EVER go anywhere near the pit lane!! They just got further and further ahead as I made my 2nd pit stop later in the race, and by then I was stuck in the middle of the pack, lapped by half of them (ok, so I spun out a few times too), all the while turning fastest laps of the race, but woefully behind even p21 (45s+), and yet they NEVER PITTED.

I cannot continue to play the Formula A career if every race is going to be like this, and I really want to love this game. It's just NO FUN though, when your opponents tires are indestructible, which is (obviously) completely unrealistic. With real tire use turned on, the AI really should be pitting around the same time I am, or sooner! Time progression has never been changed away from real time.

Is this a bug or is there some setting I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

at this point if the problem still exist it WILL NOT be fixed you will just have to wait for pcars2

Jeremy_GP
23-05-2017, 00:05
I'm not necessarily expecting a "code fix" be issued for this I guess, but any ideas would be helpful.

What I would like is for some acknowledgement or confirmation whether this is indeed a "bug" or not. Does it affect only certain tracks? Can I expect the same for each and every race? Is it impacted by AI level setting or any other settings? I'm trying to get an idea of the depth of the issue before I waste any more time trying to run these races, or, if there is a known work-around, possibly save my self some time in getting to it.

Also, why would I expect that this would be fixed in pCARS-2 without any sort of confirmation from the developers or the community of the existence of the problem in the first place?

dault3883
23-05-2017, 00:10
I'm not necessarily expecting a "code fix" be issued for this I guess, but any ideas would be helpful.

What I would like is for some acknowledgement or confirmation whether this is indeed a "bug" or not. Does it affect only certain tracks? Can I expect the same for each and every race? Is it impacted by AI level setting or any other settings? I'm trying to get an idea of the depth of the issue before I waste any more time trying to run these races, or, if there is a known work-around, possibly save my self some time in getting to it.

Also, why would I expect that this would be fixed in pCARS-2 without any sort of confirmation from the developers or the community of the existence of the problem in the first place?

read through the thread its a problem they know exist you have to work around it i just got bite by it in a race

lancashirelad
23-05-2017, 19:02
What's the workaround? Recently started my career again after shelving pc and was enjoying it but don't know if it's worth carrying on now.

Schnizz58
23-05-2017, 20:21
I haven't done F/A in career but I've done all the other classes. The only issue I've encountered regarding pitting is that if there is a change in weather and the AI have to go in for different tires before the pit window opens, they will not pit again inside the pit window unless there is another change in the weather. If you do that you'll get DQ'ed. So maybe the workaround is to avoid Formula A.

dault3883
23-05-2017, 20:24
I haven't done F/A in career but I've done all the other classes. The only issue I've encountered regarding pitting is that if there is a change in weather and the AI have to go in for different tires before the pit window opens, they will not pit again inside the pit window unless there is another change in the weather. If you do that you'll get DQ'ed. So maybe the workaround is to avoid Formula A.

glad i took the sports car route

Jeremy_GP
24-05-2017, 17:19
I WISH I knew of a workaround of some kind on this. Formula A is basically not worth playing at all, which is a real shame given the potential there.

dault3883
24-05-2017, 17:22
I WISH I knew of a workaround of some kind on this. Formula A is basically not worth playing at all, which is a real shame given the potential there.

all you can do is hope they have fixed it in Pcars2

lancashirelad
25-05-2017, 06:18
Ok think I'll not bother continuing the career.

dault3883
25-05-2017, 11:59
Ok think I'll not bother continuing the career.

just abandon the season and switch to sports cars they still have the problem but its not as prominent

lancashirelad
25-05-2017, 19:36
just abandon the season and switch to sports cars they still have the problem but its not as prominent

Think I'll just run my own races, when it works pcars can't be beaten on console, had some great ai races. I just hope they have ironed out bugs like this on the second instalment. Plus even though it's scaring the pants off me I just picked up farpoint on psvr and it's really good, especially with the aim controller.

dault3883
25-05-2017, 19:37
Think I'll just run my own races, when it works pcars can't be beaten on console, had some great ai races. I just hope they have ironed out bugs like this on the second instalment. Plus even though it's scaring the pants off me I just picked up farpoint on psvr and it's really good, especially with the aim controller.

Good Luck Then