PDA

View Full Version : Night and day change

Numbrsix
10-05-2015, 09:29
No idea what has happened here but deleted my game and profile, reinstalled and set on pro level, used mode 3 on controller and all of a sudden this game is handling like a dream.

In fact it's so good I am in 2 minds as to whether to install any future patch, makes no sense but all the cars I could not drive before are superbly drivable with complete smooth control, anyway though it with mentioning, read elsewhere that people have reinstalled to fix the issues and thought it nonsense but seems to have worked.

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 10:22
Well... I noticed a change for the better between reinstalls as well, and since it was so very bad before, you could call the steering a dream after. But can you drive the caterham on nurburgring and catch its tail? Can you make fast corrective sterring when the back breaks loose at all?

Numbrsix
10-05-2015, 11:06
Yes mate, for the first time I am catching and correcting tank slappers on the fly, although it still can catch you out occasionally, it is so much better for reasons unknown but not complaining.

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 11:27
Ok, I just reset my controller settings and got back to defailt and choose mode 3 and basically the car feels like driving with the d-pad, well it feels calmer and the dreaded tankslappers are much less probe to happen on warm tires, at least as long as you are not upsetting it.
So I had to try mode 1 and 2, and both are much more nervous and hard to drive on cold tires, but still not good on warm.
So this difference between driving modes explains a lot of the different opinions around here!
There is no difference on analouge stick travel though.

I tride all of this on oulton park international with the cosworth GR.A

Numbrsix
10-05-2015, 11:58
Just a thought but these are my setting, if they differ to yours they might be worth a try, mode 3' steering dzone 0, steering sensitivity 0, throttle dz 13, throttle sens 0, brake same a throttle settings, speed sensitivity 75, controller filtering 45.

Good luck.