PDA

View Full Version : Pitstop strategy tyre pressure

Michael Moe
10-05-2015, 10:06
How come tyre pressure in pitstop strategy ranges very different from racestart/saved setup ?

Michael Moe

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 07:27
Because the pit strategy isn't linked to your car setup (yet).

unleashedcode
12-05-2015, 10:18
Seriously wish it was...... How could such a perfected sim forget about implementing multiple setups and pit lane strategy to be not linked to a loaded car setup is beyond me. Ask any racer...... 90% of the job is working (on multiple) setups and the other 10% is racing. I believe the devs are now on it? Just amazes me it was ever missed.

JSNFARRELL
12-05-2015, 10:29
Seriously wish it was...... How could such a perfected sim forget about implementing multiple setups and pit lane strategy to be not linked to a loaded car setup is beyond me. Ask any racer...... 90% of the job is working (on multiple) setups and the other 10% is racing. I believe the devs are now on it? Just amazes me it was ever missed.

Agreed!
The tuning and pit options for tires make no sense as well... they aren't standardized one bit.
Example: Hard tires (tune) don't feel/handle like Hard tires (pit) one bit... plus sometimes I see multiple options for one type of tire (hard for example) under tune but only ONE type of tire (HARD) under pit.
... so far I havent been able to make sense of it to include the lack of pre-race setups. I resort to pitting on the first lap to get "pit tires" because they work better so far.

OVERALL - this sim/game needs some info within the menus... half of it makes no sense and most of it is stuff we never seen before (like DS2X as an AA option)

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 10:35
The tire pressure issue is already fixed on PC and should be on consoles soon.

As for the tire compounds: This is a very complex code change to link the available compounds of a specific car in car setup to the pit manager. I don't know when/if this will get fixed.

As a general rule, if the car only has a single dry and wet compound you'll get the following tires when selecting a compound in pit manager:

Soft, medium, hard -> dry compound
Intermediate, wet, extreme wet -> wet tire compound