PDA

View Full Version : Formula A - Tire temperature

dvc
10-05-2015, 10:35
I was doing some long run testing in Barcelona today I'm happy with my setup, but after 7-8 laps my front tires are getting cold. Its happenings both in cold and hot conditions. The difference between front and rear is always about 20C. Does anyone have any tips how to get the front temps up without altering the feel of the car?

Just in case its important TC, ABS and other aids are off.

Thanks and happy racing :)

TPH
10-05-2015, 16:00
Either you are not turning enough (if you are using controller you may have to check speedsensitive to allow more steering) or you are overdriving the rears. If it's the later you will possibly get lower temps overall and can try to use the softer compound as that will get higher temps.

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 06:07
Having the same problem - front tires losing temp. Figured I'm not driving fast enough with the controller lol
I brake late and hard having slight lock-ups on the hairpins but still struggle to keep temps up.

MULTIVITZ
13-06-2015, 23:38
Dampers need loosening I'd say, it's hard to tell.

BDR Daz
13-06-2015, 23:47
Id say close the brake ducts too to keep the brake temps up and in turn that should dissipate into the tyres

MULTIVITZ
14-06-2015, 01:49
Yeah dial in the brake ducts. Just add some front toe or reduce tha caster a bit, but it may improve the cars feel!

hkraft300
14-06-2015, 06:43
slow or fast damping?
Pretty sure my damping is a touch stiffer than default from memory.
I'm new to damper tuning - I've just been making small adjustments but the effects have been subtle yet, but I know that correct damping will give fantastic results.