PDA

View Full Version : Studdering in Project Cars @XBoxOne

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 10:51
I am experiencing studdering every 1-2 minutes when playing Project Cars on my XBoxOne. This is absolutely annoying. Does anybody else have this bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeMhHlJ0fJY&feature=youtu.be

sammyv6s
10-05-2015, 10:54
Top of the iceberg for me mate
I'm close to start asking for a refund I think

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22722-Almost-unplayable-on-xbox-one

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 11:17
It makes the game unplayable for me and it is absolutely no fun. By the way: In career mode my name is written wrong. It displays my surname twice instead of the last name AND it deletes the first character of it. My name is "Jürgen" (Germany) and it displays "ürgen ürgen" ... small bug but annoying too.

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 13:07
Moved to Xbox One Technical Support forum.

LUFC
10-05-2015, 13:34
I don't have this problem. A couple of occasional glitches on occasional corners/tracks but nothing like that. Have you tried reinstalling? Let it fully install before starting to play again. Im no tech wiz but this has helped me in the past with other problems on other games.

HLR Ghosty
10-05-2015, 14:34
Have had it freeze a couple of times but not tried a reinstall yet though.

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 16:04
I completely deleted the game from my XBox One and reinstalled it. No change. The freezes still occur. In one single round the game freezes 1-2 times.

- On every track
- With every car
- On random places around the track

Still unplayable. :(

Bobbydakid
10-05-2015, 17:46
I completely deleted the game from my XBox One and reinstalled it. No change. The freezes still occur. In one single round the game freezes 1-2 times.

- On every track
- With every car

I'm assuming you have done already but have you done a hard reset of your Xbox?

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 17:59
No, why should i do this? All other games run perfectly. Only Project Cars shows this freezes. When hard resetting the XBox, all Savegames, Settings etc. are gone, am i right?

SeanSAFC89
10-05-2015, 18:02
No, why should i do this? All other games run perfectly. Only Project Cars shows this freezes. When hard resetting the XBox, all Savegames, Settings etc. are gone, am i right?

He means a hard reset as in holding the Xbox power button for 10 seconds to shut it down properly. This won't delete anything, it's just that instant-on mode doesn't fully shut down the console when you turn it off.

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 18:06
That's the 'join in progress' strutter which will happen in online games but normally not to that extent. We'll polish it/block those with slow uploads etc.

Basically it's loading the joining guys car. It shouldn't happen during a race though come to think of it so I might be talking rubbish.

It does though seem to be an online game so I can say it's a network issue regardless.

EDIT- ignore the above, it wasn't an online race.

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 18:08
He means a hard reset as in holding the Xbox power button for 10 seconds to shut it down properly. This won't delete anything, it's just that instant-on mode doesn't fully shut down the console when you turn it off.

Ah, ok. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 18:09
That's the 'join in progress' strutter which will happen in online games but normally not to that extent. We'll polish it/block those with slow uploads etc.

Basically it's loading the joining guys car. It shouldn't happen during a race though come to think of it so I might be talking rubbish.

It does though seem to be an online game so I can say it's a network issue regardless.

It's Single Player. A Single Race. Nothing online.

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 18:12
It's Single Player. A Single Race. Nothing online.

OK thanks, that is odd. I've reported it to the team.

Do you have any 'interesting' kit installed? Could your console have been downloading in the background?

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 18:15
Do you have any 'interesting' kit installed? Could your console have been downloading in the background?

What do you mean with 'interesting' kit? I'm pretty sure my console downloaded nothing in the background. I waited for the game to be 100% installed before playing, and i have only 4-5 Games installed. I'm no hardcore player. ;)

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 18:19
What do you mean with 'interesting' kit? I'm pretty sure my console downloaded nothing in the background. I waited for the game to be 100% installed before playing, and i have only 4-5 Games installed. I'm no hardcore player. ;)

Can you check the size of your install to confirm the patch has been applied?

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 18:20
Can you check the size of your install to confirm the patch has been applied?

18.4 GB. The patch was downloaded during installation.

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 18:21
18.4 GB. The patch was downloaded during install.

OK thanks. I've reported it to the team and we're trying to replicate.

If anyone else has experienced the issue we'd really appreciate video as Weyoun has provided to help us.

SMS PC Lead
10-05-2015, 18:27

- On every track
- With every car

Do you have a headset attached to the controller?
If you plug-in the controller with a cable, does it have any effect on the pausing?

SMS PC Lead
10-05-2015, 18:33
It's also worth checking the controller firmware is up to date:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/How_to_Update_Your_Xbox_One_Controller

Weyoun
10-05-2015, 19:12
Do you have a headset attached to the controller?

No.

If you plug-in the controller with a cable, does it have any effect on the pausing?

No effect.

It's also worth checking the controller firmware is up to date:

Done. No effect.

The freezes still occur.

Sharky Hughes
10-05-2015, 19:39

If anyone else has experienced the issue we'd really appreciate video as Weyoun has provided to help us.

Not identical to the issue above but I keep getting a slow motion effect. This is whilst in career mode.

http://xboxclips.com/Sharky%20Hughes/47df5258-9adc-4363-927a-f95d41a7957f/embedS

Also stuttering when using karts with a graphical issue.

http://xboxclips.com/Sharky%20Hughes/e84e7293-5de0-4a65-95d9-83cdb6895e98/embed

Dazza
11-05-2015, 00:03
i get the same type of effect when someone leaves or joins a party chat.

and like ian says also get this online when someone leaves or joins the game.

daffy luke
11-05-2015, 01:45
I am experiencing studdering every 1-2 minutes when playing Project Cars on my XBoxOne. This is absolutely annoying. Does anybody else have this bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeMhHlJ0fJY&feature=youtu.be

same probleem here :-(

hy_boi
11-05-2015, 02:49
Same issue for me also. But I'm getting a white bar flicking across the top during races.

Pepsighost
11-05-2015, 08:39
I have had the same issue and the screen completely freeze mid race but this was online though and in a private lobby

ThreeAngryOwls
11-05-2015, 12:14

I don't have a video at the moment, and perhaps a little unrelated but I figured I'd mention it none the less. - There appears to be a lot of UI freezing in multi-player lobbies, which a few seconds later, leads to several players games closing to the Xbox One dashboard. (This also happens mid-race occasionally. The game freezes, audio continues, then the game minimizes).

The only details I'm able to provide on this at the moment is that I'm hosting private lobbies. Around 10-15 players. No AI, lobby settings restricts assists, various tracks, GT3 cars, various weather and doesn't appear to be a trigger, it seems to happen randomly.

I'll provide more details if I'm able to find any, but thought I'd mention it. :)

djd4ws0n
13-05-2015, 21:17
I've been having the same issue as noted in the original video.

Have the patch installed, and have hard-reset the Xbox to no avail.

Attached to the Xbox was a Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia, with T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter. Was using helmet camera at the time and it seems most likely to happen when heading into a corner.

I'm going to pick up a capture card tomorrow evening, and will try and get some footage of this occurring.

Happy to supply other information where requested.

EDIT: Game is running from an external USB3 HDD too.

Elmo
14-05-2015, 11:11
Please check this thread to help us finding the cause (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24922-Please-read-Stuttering-stall-on-XB1)

Raven403
14-05-2015, 11:57
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/b167ea04-9bbc-42dc-82af-7e41a53de2ff

^^Clip of the Screen Jumping on me in Free Practice

Using Xbox One Touro 7400 1TB Ext HDD
Controller Plugged in via rear USB port for Chat
Thrustmaster TX
LG 50" Plasma TV
Kinect COnnected

Raven403
14-05-2015, 12:00
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/d16b4177-47f2-431f-88f4-8c1d5f429fbb

^^ Not sure how well the FPS dropping translates in this clip but it was happening, Badly. Then there was this incident with the AI cars....

Edit: In both the races I posted I had accessed the Tuning Setup screen prior to leaving the pits.

Using Xbox One Touro 7400 1TB Ext HDD
Controller Plugged in via rear USB port for Chat
Thrustmaster TX
LG 50" Plasma TV
Kinect COnnected

Scattergold
24-06-2015, 15:13
Mine freezes for half a second every 2-3 seconds during single player, I've reinstalled the game and done a hard reset. Makes no difference

Scattergold
24-06-2015, 15:25
I experience half a second freezing every 2-3 seconds in single player mode, have reinstalled game and it makes no difference. I love the racing but it's completely unplayable

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 15:48
Guys, Look here. Already identified the issue high frequency stutter problem.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32575-SEE-POST-309-Game-Freezes-every-2-secs-for-about-4-secs-long!&p=1013008#post1013008