PDA

View Full Version : Great game in the making

Srt8 300c
10-05-2015, 11:19
Hello everybody,

After reading a lot of hate splattered all over the internet i have to say i believe Pcars is a great game.

Having played the forza franchise for many years this game has come as a breath of fresh air.
People comparing or expecting this game to handle or perform similar to forza are barking mad.

Forza is a simcade.

I would probably lean more towards arcade than sim!
Dont get me wrong im not hating on forza i love it,but its a completley different game.

Im not going to list the release bugs and glitches Re Pcars........
We are all well aware of what they are and are discussed in various other threads.
I am hoping these will be fixed and ironed out very soon. Especially for those on a controller.

I wanted to say i believe this game could become ground breaking on the console as the first ever highly realistic sim racer.
IMO i have never experienced a game so close to reality.
I spent over 10 minutes looking at the tuning options thinking wtf!!!
The feel of the cars and the sounds......

Its a hard learning curve.

Pin the throttle on cold tyres and your in the wall.
Brake too late your in the gravel.
Wander off the driving line and you lose valuable seconds.

To perform well on the game i believe you need to put the time in...... A LOT OF TIME!!

Learn the car
Tune the car
Learn the Track

I hope people can start to enjoy the realism that this game represents. The online races i have entered have been clean and great fun.

Me and my brother have lost countless hours doing race weekends with the ai.

Thanks SMS for bringing a PC game onto the console!!!

The only thing missing is the smell of fuel, rubber and burning clutches!!

Old skool hemi
10-05-2015, 12:48
Well said bro, my favourite game by far i really cannot get over the level of detail everybody involved in the game have gone through..... Cant really say anything else as my bro has said it all..
Well done sms and the community and everyone who helped make this great game. Its been well worth the wait.
Thanks

msmith1
10-05-2015, 13:03
Spot on comments from the OP. I'm on the PS4 and it is a breath of fresh air. The Crew was a let down IMO, I like Driveclub, but was limited in the things you can do, PC has the depth in tuning the cars etc which Driveclub lack. I enjoy the race weekends from practice through to the race too! PC will only get better.

One thing though mate, the online races I've done are like kids just smashing into you, not racing you. Well done to all involved with making this game.

pleclair
10-05-2015, 13:04
Totally agree with this.

Sincere thanks to SMS and WMD for carrying their vision, and I hope it will stay true now that it's release to the masses.

40+ hrs spent in the game so far, and more than 3000km driven on the nord. Time trials are awesome :)

pleclair
10-05-2015, 13:06
And congrats for breaking tie with EA... I know it's been a while already, but still :) They must be pissed off now seeing how successful you are for having carried out your vision. They should have let you do what you wanted back then I guess, eh? :)

BazzaLB
11-05-2015, 03:07
Totally agree with this.

Sincere thanks to SMS and WMD for carrying their vision, and I hope it will stay true now that it's release to the masses.

40+ hrs spent in the game so far, and more than 3000km driven on the nord. Time trials are awesome :)

Hey Welcome to the forum. And thanks for rf2 nords. Had some great fun with that too :)