PDA

View Full Version : Engine cuts out in corners

Haga
10-05-2015, 11:40
Sorry if this issue has been addressed, but I can't seem to find it anywhere else on the forum.

I find myself feeling like a total beginner with this game, despite being an avid racing game player for 15+ years.

When I find myself downshifting into corners and trying to maintain corner speed, my engine, more times than not, seems to just cut out and leaves me stranded in the middle of the track with no way of getting going again.

I really have no idea what seems to be going on here, and it's leaving me very frustrated and confused.

Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong, what I need to change to get round this issue, and if there is a way of turning this issue off, if possible?

I have tried changing to automatic gears, and even turning mechanical failures off, but the issue still crops up.

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 11:46
Do you have the "Automatically start engine" option turned off? or have you adjusted any of the clutch options?

The main reason I ask is that it sounds like you are stalling the engine.

Could just be a bug of course, but if it's happening to you all the time, there might be something you have hit accidentally and turned it off.

Alejandro Riveiro
10-05-2015, 11:48
On top of what Willbert has asked, are you sure you don't have the start engine and ignition buttons bound somewhere and you're hitting it accidentally when cornering?

Haga
10-05-2015, 11:49
The "Auto Start Engine" option is set to "Yes" and I haven't adjusted anything to do with the clutch at all.

Haga
10-05-2015, 11:55
On top of what Willbert has asked, are you sure you don't have the start engine and ignition buttons bound somewhere and you're hitting it accidentally when cornering?

This was it, how foolish of me!

I had them set to L3 and R3, so I think I kept pressing down on L3 into a corner and switching the engine off!

Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated!

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 11:56
This was it, how foolish of me!

I had them set to L3 and R3, so I think I kept pressing down on L3 into a corner and switching the engine off!

Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated!

Cool. Glad you got it sorted.