PDA

View Full Version : Something positive

Initia1 B
10-05-2015, 12:10
Im just as gutted as the rest about the issues but where there's negatives there has to be positives. So come on what ya got? Personally Im enjoying the Race weekends, the ability to set up things to personal preference is great. Car wise the Group 5 Super Sillouhette BMW is my favourite so far. A car i was expecting to be a handful is actually easy to tame as long as you remember to treat it like you would a real car. Project Cars is and always has been billed as a Sim Racer. I pray the devs get their fingers out and make the rest of the game as polished as the 'best-bits' are. If things do get sorted in a timely fashion I think the title will indeed be a game to outshine anything that has come before it.

Ixoye56
10-05-2015, 12:29
Besides control problems, I really like what I've seen so far, the graphics, weather engine sounds and cockpit movements are really well done, I really like all options and settings that the game offers, will take weeks to get through, this is something completely new for the consoles, and I love it, this game really has a great potential, I have already forget Forza 6 :onthego:

Trumpet
10-05-2015, 12:36
I'm really enjoying this,yes there's issues but it's playable and enjoyable and it's only going to get better.
And best of all the devs listen to the community and are working hard to solve the worst issues as we speak what's not to like.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 12:38
Hmmm, what have I got

Engine Sound
Handling
Tracks
Weather
Race Weekends

Pretty much everything in this game is pretty darn good. If SMS can fix the performance issues then the game will move from very good to awesome status:cool:

Initia1 B
10-05-2015, 13:44
Besides control problems, I really like what I've seen so far, the graphics, weather engine sounds and cockpit movements are really well done, I really like all options and settings that the game offers, will take weeks to get through, this is something completely new for the consoles, and I love it, this game really has a great potential, I have already forget Forza 6 :onthego:

I think that the vast majority expected it to play like Forza Motorsport, as compared with say Forza horizon FM was as sim like as it got for consoles. Its just a mega shame pCars has launched with so many issues as now its already on its back foot. I'll still partake in some Forza 6 action but only when I fancy a more relaxed gaming experiance or to create liveries. Gutted theres no vinyl editor SMS, Creating a sim then giving us silly made up paints/sponsors takes the realism away just a tad. Besides that a paint editor would bring a whole a host of new players who just prefer to create as is the case with the FM series.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 14:54
I think that the vast majority expected it to play like Forza Motorsport, as compared with say Forza horizon FM was as sim like as it got for consoles. Its just a mega shame pCars has launched with so many issues as now its already on its back foot. I'll still partake in some Forza 6 action but only when I fancy a more relaxed gaming experiance or to create liveries. Gutted theres no vinyl editor SMS, Creating a sim then giving us silly made up paints/sponsors takes the realism away just a tad. Besides that a paint editor would bring a whole a host of new players who just prefer to create as is the case with the FM series.

Give it time. Just like any new IP the first game is often the most bare-bones. Now it is out. SMS can start gathering info of what we want in the next iteration and try to realistically accommodate us as much as they can. To be honest though, with a game like this, things like a livery editor are so low on the importance scale.

Initia1 B
10-05-2015, 16:39
Give it time. Just like any new IP the first game is often the most bare-bones. Now it is out. SMS can start gathering info of what we want in the next iteration and try to realistically accommodate us as much as they can. To be honest though, with a game like this, things like a livery editor are so low on the importance scale.

I know what your saying, but I just love realism so the 'livery-alikes' spoil it for me a little. Even old console arcade racer titles like NFS Underground had at least some real life pre set sponsor decals. However I'll settle for a fully playable game for now! ;)

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 16:50
Some of the McLaren GT3 liveries are real. KPAX for example raced in the US in the Perelli World Challenge

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 16:53
I know what your saying, but I just love realism so the 'livery-alikes' spoil it for me a little. Even old console arcade racer titles like NFS Underground had at least some real life pre set sponsor decals. However I'll settle for a fully playable game for now! ;)

I hear you fella, and I agree.

Initia1 B
10-05-2015, 17:57
Some of the McLaren GT3 liveries are real. KPAX for example raced in the US in the Perelli World Challenge

All the Mclaren GT3 paints are real, in contrast all the Mercedes SLS GT3 paints arent. It would be nice to have at least one or two genuine liveries for each car. I assume the cars were scanned from their real life counterparts, so why couldn't their liveries be added too. Would've loved the two Grp 5's in proper liveries.

youngade
10-05-2015, 18:19
Would've loved the two Grp 5's in proper liveries.

Hang in there, you never know what might be added along the way.

Initia1 B
11-05-2015, 19:59
Hang in there, you never know what might be added along the way.

Oh that'd cheer me up no end seeing as the Super Sillouhette BMW is my fave car so far. Just easy enough to handle while just beasty enough to punish you should you take your eye off the ball. If Ideas are needed I'd go for Wurth Capri and Jagermeister 320