PDA

View Full Version : can we have real weather on consoles please?

DozUK
10-05-2015, 12:39
I've heard that the PC version has real weather setting so if you drive on any track, the weather will be as it would be on that real life track at that particular time. I've heard that this feature isn't currently supported on console.

As it sounds a great feature, is it something that could be looked at please?

dvc
10-05-2015, 13:22
So this option actually exists. I knew I've heard about it somewhere. Be great to see it on consoles

Globaldutchy
10-05-2015, 13:56
I think making contact with outer servers for an option like this takes to much bandwith. So please no

flymar
10-05-2015, 14:00
It's not like the weather is updated all the time. It's just once when instead of 1,2,3,4,Fixed slots you choose "Real". I wasn't aware it's not available on consoles...

DozUK
10-05-2015, 14:02
There is no 'real' setting on console. There is on PC but unfortunately not on console, I hope it can be added?

Kkj10
10-05-2015, 14:04
I've been told it's not possible on consoles as it requires liking to an external website/source etc. Something both Sony and Microsoft won't allow on their consoles.

flymar
10-05-2015, 14:05
I've been told it's not possible on consoles as it requires liking to an external website/source etc. Something both Sony and Microsoft won't allow on their consoles.
I thought that might be the case.:/

McKiernan
10-05-2015, 14:21

Yep, this is what I heard to, seems legit.

Kkj10
10-05-2015, 14:32
Yeah. It's a shame really. I do like how you can still set the real time/date

Lipti
10-05-2015, 15:34

Yep, this is what I heard to, seems legit.

Sounds more than a bad excuse because there is no need to communicate with other external servers like the ones used for multiplayer gaming. These servers could provide the weather info and there should be a possibility that these gaming servers retrieve the weather info from a weather service.

We have to admit that we've decided wrong to get the PS4 version of the game. It was said that the functions are the same for all versions, but apparently (like weather information) they are not. It's ok to have worse graphics than the PC version (where the graphics cars costs more than the PS4), but it's not ok to suffer from ghosting issues. It's not ok that using a wheel the menus have to be controlled via the wheel too (without the possibility to use the controller); it shall be possible because I'm able to control the PS4 menu with both wheel and controllers at the same time.

I'm highly disappointed and would return or sell my PS4 version of the game, but thanks to digital download there is no possibility to do so. If the issues won't be patched I'll never buy another game from that manufacturer and will recommend everyone avoiding that game.

CookJah
10-05-2015, 16:14
Don't worry about it too much.. its a nice idea, but the novelty of 'its raining in Italy and im driving round Monza and its raining also' is cool, but then who realistically is going to drive around the same circuit for a long enough length of time to even see a change in the real life weather occur in the game. The system it currently has makes for far more interesting changes

dvc
10-05-2015, 17:37
I think making contact with outer servers for an option like this takes to much bandwith. So please no
ETAR LBBG 041600Z 12003MPS 290V310 1400 R04/P1500N R22/P1500U +SN BKN022 OVC050 M04/M07 Q1020 NOSIG 9949//91=

This line of text (few bytes) is all you need to have most accurate weather information. Its all about the rules Sony have...

dvc
10-05-2015, 17:40
All races I do are at least 30 minutes long (offline as online nobody seem to enjoying proper racing). In UK (Silverstone/Brands Hatch) 30 minutes is enough to have rain sun and rain again. ;)

McKiernan
10-05-2015, 17:40
Sounds more than a bad excuse because there is no need to communicate with other external servers like the ones used for multiplayer gaming. These servers could provide the weather info and there should be a possibility that these gaming servers retrieve the weather info from a weather service.

We have to admit that we've decided wrong to get the PS4 version of the game. It was said that the functions are the same for all versions, but apparently (like weather information) they are not. It's ok to have worse graphics than the PC version (where the graphics cars costs more than the PS4), but it's not ok to suffer from ghosting issues. It's not ok that using a wheel the menus have to be controlled via the wheel too (without the possibility to use the controller); it shall be possible because I'm able to control the PS4 menu with both wheel and controllers at the same time.

I'm highly disappointed and would return or sell my PS4 version of the game, but thanks to digital download there is no possibility to do so. If the issues won't be patched I'll never buy another game from that manufacturer and will recommend everyone avoiding that game.

That's a shame that you are so disappointed with what you have gotten with Project Cars. Your complaints are a little annoying it's true but seem to me to be a little bit nitpicky. I am very pleased with PCars, and glad that SMS are committed to improving it with ongoing support.

dvc
10-05-2015, 17:51
That's a shame that you are so disappointed with what you have gotten with Project Cars. Your complaints are a little annoying it's true but seem to me to be a little bit nitpicky. I am very pleased with PCars, and glad that SMS are committed to improving it with ongoing support.

TBH he's not the only one disappointed. After playing for 3 days I'm also very disappointed. I mean game itself is great. But multiplayer is killing it. Its Completely unplayable unless you know people that know how to race properly or at least try and respect others on the track. If not digital download I'd love refund and spend my money for yearly iRacing subscription then try pCARS again in few months.

Lipti
10-05-2015, 17:52

If the PS4 version has fewer features, I - as a customer - want to know that in advance. Furthermore, the PS4 version is not more than a beta at the moment. You can't even access all features with the wheel (because of the non-working DS4 when using a wheel) like camera movement (due to the lack of enough buttons on a wheel) and so on. Ghosting is an issue. There are several other issues I occured (sound gone for one race, wheel steering 45 degrees to the left at the beginning of a race, ...)

I respect that you are happy, but I have payed 70 Euro for this beta cut-down version and the current delivered quality is not worth the money. I consider taking legal measures to get my money back if they are not providing a fixed version.

McKiernan
10-05-2015, 18:05
TBH he's not the only one disappointed. After playing for 3 days I'm also very disappointed. I mean game itself is great. But multiplayer is killing it. Its Completely unplayable unless you know people that know how to race properly or at least try and respect others on the track. If not digital download I'd love refund and spend my money for yearly iRacing subscription then try pCARS again in few months.

To be fair you can hardly blame SMS or Project Cars for the quality of people who race online. The I-Racing safety racing is a pretty good way of trying to ensure cleaner racing, but you have to bear in mind that I-Racing is primarily an online racing game. Why not either join a league or try set up your own one?

"If the PS4 version has fewer features, I - as a customer - want to know that in advance. Furthermore, the PS4 version is not more than a beta at the moment. You can't even access all features with the wheel (because of the non-working DS4 when using a wheel) like camera movement (due to the lack of enough buttons on a wheel) and so on. Ghosting is an issue. There are several other issues I occured (sound gone for one race, wheel steering 45 degrees to the left at the beginning of a race, ...)

I respect that you are happy, but I have payed 70 Euro for this beta cut-down version and the current delivered quality is not worth the money. I consider taking legal measures to get my money back if they are not providing a fixed version."

You have a good point, there is an old saying "buyer beware" I was aware of the ghosting issue before the games release on PS4, there was information about it on various forums. there are also a number of known bugs that SMS are working on fixing. I totally understand your disappointment, and there is an arguement that console customers are basically beta testers that have to pay for it. Seems to be a trend in modern console games to release needing patches. I'm not a WMD member but am pleased with the overall game and hope with a few patches it will be a more user friendly experience. Hopefully some of these irritations will get sorted out as soon as possible and you will find the game you hoped you'd purchased.