PDA

View Full Version : Track Grip

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 13:02
Does this game have track rubber progression and a build up of grip, as I don't seem to feeling any difference between a 'Green' track and one that would theoretically have more rubber on.

KnifePartyLFC
10-05-2015, 13:04
The answer is yes. The best way to experience this is take a 250cc super kart out on the track with cold tyres, the kart wont grip, but after 3 or 4 laps you can definitely notice a difference with grip when the tyres are warm. You can attack corners more aggressively with warm tyres too.

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 13:06
I know the tyres are different depending on tyre temp, more specifically my question is regarding the build up of rubber on the track.

KnifePartyLFC
10-05-2015, 13:07
That i'm not too sure about, maybe thats a little TOO in-depth?

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 13:09
They have it brilliantly executed in rfactor 2 and would love to know whether it is in atm or planned to come in?

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 13:11
Yes the track rubbers up on line gaining more grip over time depending upon the number of cars running on a certain line. The grip also drops off outside of that line using an algorithm that alters during the race and as marbles are kicked off the tyres.

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 13:13
Yes the track rubbers up on line gaining more grip over time depending upon the number of cars running on a certain line. The grip also drops off outside of that line using an algorithm that alters during the race and as marbles are kicked off the tyres.

Great to hear Ian, will have to get up that career ladder even quicker now and crank up the lap counter!

One further question, does this carry over a weekend, for example from Fp1 all the way through to the race, al la rfactor 2?

Elmo
10-05-2015, 15:17
Great to hear Ian, will have to get up that career ladder even quicker now and crank up the lap counter!

One further question, does this carry over a weekend, for example from Fp1 all the way through to the race, al la rfactor 2?

Yes, it does. Hence your times in Practice 1 usually will be a bit slower than in Qualifying for example.

In a race it is sometimes hard to notice, since your tires gradually get worse (due to wear) countering the effect of the track getting more grippy. After a pit stop though you clearly notice the difference.

bobblebob
10-05-2015, 16:30
Edit: Post above answered my question