PDA

View Full Version : Engine keeps blowing up (Automatic Gearing)

Ch1lli
10-05-2015, 13:10
It just happend the 3rd time in a row in the "Supercar US Clubsport Trophy" (Week 1-3 in Season 3):

In every single race after about 2 of 3 laps the engine just blows up?! Why does that keep happening?

I'm using automatic gearing, all driving assists (no steering/braking), Full Damage, Mechanical Failures, Real Tire Wear, Real Fuel Usage, Auto Start Engine and Flags & Penalties.

Jason_Hall
10-05-2015, 15:55
I had this problem the what I did was:

1) Try and not get any damage, getting damage will block up the vents (Its crazy I know in a game but I had damage during a LMP1 race and temps were going over 140C and then engine blown.) The next time I got damage I took a steady drive to pits and got the damage repaired.

2) Feather the thottle dont just slam the acclerator down.

3) The gear box is semi-auto so even when auto is selected you should be able to change the gears up / down, so you can change gear so that the engine does not redline before the auto gear change.

Hope this hellped.

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 16:06
Which car(s) specifically?

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 16:21
The Clio blows up all the time for me in career mode 100% race distance, I've taken no damage and I'm short shifting also yet every race the engine Blows up, while the AI get away scott free.

Jason_Hall
11-05-2015, 09:35
It worked for LMP 1 car and gokart so I would say any car.

flymar
11-05-2015, 09:41
The Clio blows up all the time for me in career mode 100% race distance, I've taken no damage and I'm short shifting also yet every race the engine Blows up, while the AI get away scott free.Whole season with Clio and automatic gearing and no engine problems.

AlpenoStrand
11-05-2015, 10:16
Running thru gravel seems to damage the cooling system in any car. Does not need a hit by the KI, just running once thru gravel and all temps go up immediately. You need to pit, car get's fixed and temps are going down again. That's what I'm experienceing running in REAL and full damage.

dan123
12-05-2015, 12:43
Im having a similer issue. But mine is with the gear box.

In nearly every race in the clio cup, my gear box gets stuck in netural or it loses all gears.
Im useing automatic gears. I have tryed turning brakedowns and damage off, and playing with
The settings but it keeps happening

Any ideas?

Surley it cant be because i've been through the grave. Its even happened on the first lap when i have't left
The track.

Thanks all.

silvinomendes89
22-05-2015, 17:15
I'm dealing with the same problem.
With Pagani Huayra, i drive fast without crashing and the engine blown up after 2/3 laps :\

Bruno Alexandre
22-05-2015, 18:37
Usually the engine get's blown if the radiator gets damaged or the aero suffers enough damage to become less effective, this causes the engine to overheat.

Martini Da Gasalini
23-05-2015, 00:00
It just happend the 3rd time in a row in the "Supercar US Clubsport Trophy" (Week 1-3 in Season 3):

In every single race after about 2 of 3 laps the engine just blows up?! Why does that keep happening?

I'm using automatic gearing, all driving assists (no steering/braking), Full Damage, Mechanical Failures, Real Tire Wear, Real Fuel Usage, Auto Start Engine and Flags & Penalties.

If you are using a Ford based engine car..BOOM there is your problem right there ;)

LordDRIFT
24-05-2015, 01:07
I'm dealing with the same problem.
With Pagani Huayra, i drive fast without crashing and the engine blown up after 2/3 laps :\

Shift at 6000 rpm

Chairman7w
14-06-2015, 21:57
If you are using a Ford based engine car..BOOM there is your problem right there ;)

/thread