PDA

View Full Version : Pit stragedy question

Firefox02
10-05-2015, 13:17
I hope someone can answer my pit stradegy question.

Before I start the session, I can choose a pit stragedy.
Will it apply at the start of the race ?

Or will it only apply after I have driven into the pitstop during the race

Thanks

Globaldutchy
10-05-2015, 14:01
U can save a basic strategy for every race and car. Save it to open it for every championship. Or u can so it ingame. When you do it while qualifying it's for the next race.

Chonas
10-05-2015, 15:33
Hi,

Please could you clarify why I only have 3 different tyre compounds for my car in the pit? One of these is "Automatic"
I see that in the pit stop strategy I can choose "intermediate", "Rain", "Hard Rain" and a lot of them, so why I cannot choose it from the beginning?

As a result, if I put "Automatic", then is there any way to know what kind of tyre do I have during the race?

Thank you very much and sorry if you already answered to this (I didn't found it).

CookJah
10-05-2015, 17:58
I also find that there is a lack of clarity as to what setup is actualy in place. It would be handy if when you choose automatic it told you what that 'automatic' best choice for the weather actualy is. Other wise you head out on track not knowing what tyres your actauly on. It seems you can use as many soft slicks as you like also. I think there needs to be more explanation provided regarding many aspects of the game. I absolutely love... but dont like having to guess about the way things work

Chonas
11-05-2015, 17:53
Hi,

Could someone from SMS answer to these question please?

Thanks

dwalldorf
11-05-2015, 20:07
Interested in more information as well

Jimbo Jones
16-05-2015, 11:40
Bumping as im selecting soft slick in edit tune and saving then when i go back it defaults to automatic by weather so i havent got a clue what compound im actually running in the race

owenmorris
17-05-2015, 07:52
Bump also looking for info

IrideGravity
17-05-2015, 23:13
Bump also looking for info

Meanwhile, we are all being flogged by the people who know these tricks and how to manipulate a lobby. ;)
Once those in the know get comfy, maybe they'll start sharing tips. Probably not though. ;)

dvc
17-05-2015, 23:28
Your car setup (including tires/fuel) is your starting strategy. Pit strategy is what you wan to be done with the car when you pit. You can save up to 10 different pit strategies (each one: tire of your choice/tire pressure/fuel/car repairs).

In car setup you can choose ANY type of tire that are AVAILABLE for given car or "Automatic" which gives you fastest tires for current conditions.
In pit stop strategy you can choose ANY type of tire that are AVAILABLE for given car.

Now stop bumping

Chonas
18-05-2015, 16:38
I can assure you that you dont have the same compounds to choose in both of them.

In pit stop strategy you can choose a lot of different compounds, like rain, hard rain, intermediate, soft...while in the car setup (for the begining) you only have "automatic" and another 2 options, rain and slick. So you can not choose the tyre you want from the beginning.

Im playing in ps4 and it happens in all the cars I've tried, for example with the clio.

Anyway, and even if I could select all of the different compounds from the begining I still find that the game should tell you what compound you are wearing if you select "automatic".

As conclusion, I cannot put intermediate tyres in the begining because it doesnt appear as an option and if I put automatic I dont know which one it actually is.

Tork
22-05-2015, 11:06
I can't believe there aren't any more posts on this.....
Tuning Setup - can only select Auto, Slicks or Rain tyres....
Pit Strategy - Can select Soft/Med/Hard/Inter/Wet etc....

For Practice / Quay - you can roll out the pits, drive around a lap - come in and select the pit strategy you want - and it works and puts the tires on you want - but how do you select the starting tyres for the race? You don't seem to have a choice...

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 11:10
I can't believe there aren't any more posts on this.....
Tuning Setup - can only select Auto, Slicks or Rain tyres....
Pit Strategy - Can select Soft/Med/Hard/Inter/Wet etc....

For Practice / Quay - you can roll out the pits, drive around a lap - come in and select the pit strategy you want - and it works and puts the tires on you want - but how do you select the starting tyres for the race? You don't seem to have a choice...

Hard, medium and soft will give you slicks, otherwise you'll get wet tires. That's a coding issue that is very complex to fix that's why the pit manager doesn't "know" what tires are available for a specific car.

The tires you get at race start are the ones you selected in the car setup, not the ones in your pit strategy.

Tork
22-05-2015, 11:25
OK thanks - understand that. But this means that everyone (for example in a dry race) will start on the same dry compound - you can't select to start a race on soft/med/hard tyres.... if the tuning setup page just gave you the same options (soft/med/hard etc) as the pit strategy does - we'd be laughing - as it is - isn't this a major flaw (for what is otherwise a STUNNING game!)....

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 11:28
OK thanks - understand that. But this means that everyone (for example in a dry race) will start on the same dry compound - you can't select to start a race on soft/med/hard tyres.... if the tuning setup page just gave you the same options (soft/med/hard etc) as the pit strategy does - we'd be laughing - as it is - isn't this a major flaw (for what is otherwise a STUNNING game!)....

No you get it the wrong way around. The tuning setup is right and the pit manager shows you "wrong" generic compounds.
If the tuning setup doesn't let you choose between soft, medium and hard compounds then they're simply not available for this particular car.

Tork
22-05-2015, 12:47
Thank you so much! Get it now - thanks again!

Chonas
23-05-2015, 07:48
Thank you Bealdor,

But I still think it is missing to show what kind of compound does the system select when you choose "Automatic" otherwise If it start to rain in the second lap I dont know if Im wearing slicks or wet tyres.
Is it also a bug that will be fixed??