PDA

View Full Version : Steering almost there but still not right

Bloyski
10-05-2015, 13:51
Playing on XB1.

I have got my steering close to where I like and can now lap tracks almost smoothly but that also comes down to practicing I do realize but it still just doesn't feel right. At slow speed the slightest movement is still to twitchy, and when I am up to speed it becomes much more smooth to go around corners with but I have noticed a big problem with having a control setup like this. If the back end starts to step out the only way to catch it is to let off the throttle as turning into it doesn't do enough to correct it and you will just spin out.
I hope I am wrong and there is a option I can change to stop this but the only way I can stop this is to make the steering more twitchy again and then it looses all smoothness and just isn't fun driving like that and near on impossible.

It's not doing this in one car either I have tried various cars and still the same problem.

Here's the settings I am using, if you have got any suggestions please help.

Steering Deadzone: 15
Steering Sensititvty: 5
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 30
Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 15
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivty: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Filtering: 50
Controller Imput mode: 3
Advanced: Off

Thanks for reading

d0x
10-05-2015, 14:32
The game has control issues, the question is are they problems with controller settings or is there a flaw in the games core physics. I'm in the same boat as you. I can tweak and they will feel fine one second but then the next they are unacceptable. They might be ok for low speed but high speed they are wrong. They might be ok for steady pace racing but when pushing hard the controls lead to major over correction issues. The cars in one moment feel heavy then the next feel super light and on a swivel.

Bloyski
10-05-2015, 16:55
I agree completely, there just doesn't seem to be a happy medium with it. I have been using those settings for a while now and even though I am definitely getting better only because of practice the handling just isn't right but the devs are awere of this so hopefully they take all this on board and fix what they need to but it certainly feels like there was NO testing on console because things were very apparent on the first corner of the game that it wasn't right.

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 17:02
Moved to Xbox One forum.

NitroPower
10-05-2015, 17:17
its a xbox controller problem because lets say your using the analog stick to turn left and from centre to half way left the wheel turns sharp but the other half is not been used so the game is only really using about 75% of the movement capable from the analog sticks so it ends up been to sharp resulting in slip outs so basically the xbox controller hasn't been calibrated properly but im sure that will be fixed in a patch soon.