PDA

View Full Version : How does one customize paint on a car?

ChipWood
10-05-2015, 15:06
Cant find anywhere how to do it. Could someone tell me how?

camillozockt
10-05-2015, 15:45
dude open your eyes ^^

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ

ChipWood
10-05-2015, 18:31
dude open your eyes ^^

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ

I cant seem to get it to work so is there a video? Im not able to see what i am doing in gimp. so im painting blind

youngade
10-05-2015, 18:39
I cant seem to get it to work so is there a video? Im not able to see what i am doing in gimp. so im painting blind

Have you downloaded any of the templates from here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22224-PAINT-TEMPLATE-DOWNLOADS&p=885532&viewfull=1#post885532)?

Davidiano
10-05-2015, 22:11

+++

youngade
10-05-2015, 22:29
+++

I don't think there are any videos as such, but if you have questions then please feel free to post them here. We are here to help as much as possible.

the_Real_Ole
11-05-2015, 15:30
So while I'm waiting for my PC to be built - I got excited and started making a livery for an Aston Martin GT3 car...
I geek out over stuff like this and it looks great so far in my opinion (super time consuming though)

So I guess that's my question...
As I haven't had a chance to "paint" one in Photoshop and then import it to the game to "audit" and then see what looks right and what looks off... Can someone answer the question as to "do you need to stay in the lines" as you're painting the car - or does anything that "isn't on the grid" does that just disappear... I see the grey grid and then I see like a green grid usually just a few pixels outside of the cars body... What am I painting too... What is the boundary...
I've been doing it super detailed and am just wondering if I need to be spending this much time - or if I went outside the car boundaries (let's say I drew on the windshield) - does that show up??

Also it's a little tricky when you can't view it 3d as you paint - but you can figure it out... Any other tips or tricks would be helpful

I can't wait to share some I create... I really get into this...

Edit: also if I posted up my "progress" would someone be able to give advice as to - don't do this or don't do that, that won't show up right etc... ???

flymar
11-05-2015, 15:36
You are painting on the layer that's below the wireframe template. You won't paint on the windshield and other non paintable surfaces.
You can check your progress by saving the work (resizing if necessary) in proper dds format and watch the car in garage or on track (with Ctrl+K)

the_Real_Ole
11-05-2015, 15:58
Ok that's helpful - I don't have the game yet as I'm waiting for my new PC build - I'm just screwing around making a livery....
But yeah that's super helpful knowing I don't have to be AS meticulous staying within certain boundaries...
Just mainly focus on stripes or logo placement...

Yeah I can't imagine people do this much it's kinda time consuming and you have to have a bit of photoshop knowledge...
I'm curious to hear as more people get involved tips and tricks for making the paint more or less reflective etc...

I suck at the alpha channels and stuff... Just trying to get a design down that I'm not wasting a ton of time on prior to being able to SEE it in real life in the garage

Thx for the help!

z0mbi
11-05-2015, 21:11
"Yeah I can't imagine people do this much it's kinda time consuming"

Welcome to 3D texturing. Just be glad they give you the templates.