PDA

View Full Version : Career progression - Contract offers

tarbat
10-05-2015, 16:01
A question about contract offers to progress to the next tier.

I started career on T8, the 125cc karts, and quickly got a contract offer for Superkarts, which I accepted.

So, I've now completed 3 seasons in Superkarts, came first in each season, but still no contract offers for the next tier. Is there something "special" I have to do to get a contract offer, or is there a set number of seasons I have to complete in Superkarts to progress to the next tier?

Mikey360
10-05-2015, 17:28
I had to end the season to be able to accept any offers, seem to remember pressing Y in the career progression calender bit.
That was going into super karts though.

LUFC
10-05-2015, 18:07
I got a contract offer after my first 125cc season up to super karts. Message pops up in inbox when you get offers, think I had 5 or 6. Some for super karts and some for same formula.

tarbat
10-05-2015, 18:14
Yeh, I've progressed from 125cc to Superkarts okay, had several contract offers, but I can't seem to progress from Superkarts to the next tier (T6). Getting a bit bored with endless seasons of Superkarts, with no clue as to what I have to do to get an offer to progress to tier 6.

To get the Zero To Hero achievement, you have to go from karts to winning LMP1 within 10 seasons. Well, so far I've done one season in 125cc karts, and I'm on my 4th season in Superkarts, so I've only got 5 seasons to progress from T7 to winning T1, which seems impossible. I've come first in each season, winning most races outright, so what else do I have to do to progress to T6?

Is this a bug in the career progression system?

tarbat
10-05-2015, 19:40
So, checking my Driver Network Profile, under HISTORIC GOALS and THE ZERO TO HERO heading, it says I'm on season 2/10. Under ACCOLADES, I'm a KART ONE CHAMPION, and a SUPERKART CHAMPION. In fact I've won the Superkart championship three times now, so I've completed 4 seasons, but pCARS seems to think I've only completed 2 seasons.

How can that be? This looks like a bug to me, which is stopping me progressing any further in my career. Can the developers confirm how career progression is meant to work.

tarbat
10-05-2015, 19:45
Finally found the solution. Instead of completing all the races in a season, you have to skip to the end of a season, missing all the races, and then you get contract offers. I now have 11 contract offers in my Inbox, and one gets me straight into GT3 in a McLaren 12C. Going from Superkarts straight to GT3 seems a bit of a jump!

Seems a strange system, where you get offered driving contracts if you abandon a season, but don't get any offers if you complete the season. Very strange.

wraithsrike
10-05-2015, 20:02
I'm in the same boat here, it's just super karts over and over, how do I progress further? Yes winning all the time but not end of season in sight and no offers.

I think all in all I've done 40 plus super kart races I'm now sick to the teeth of them, I was going to delete my game save and start over but a 6 and just miss out 8&7.

Rockefelluh
10-05-2015, 21:17
Finally found the solution. Instead of completing all the races in a season, you have to skip to the end of a season, missing all the races, and then you get contract offers. I now have 11 contract offers in my Inbox, and one gets me straight into GT3 in a McLaren 12C. Going from Superkarts straight to GT3 seems a bit of a jump!

Seems a strange system, where you get offered driving contracts if you abandon a season, but don't get any offers if you complete the season. Very strange.

So skip an entire season after winning 1 season is enough? Also, slightly off topic, how long does a season seem to take roughly? In US waiting.

Manmadesmiith
10-05-2015, 22:02
I keep skipping seasons and no new contracts, getting bored of the karts myself.

tarbat
11-05-2015, 11:23
Finally found the solution. Instead of completing all the races in a season, you have to skip to the end of a season, missing all the races, and then you get contract offers. I now have 11 contract offers in my Inbox, and one gets me straight into GT3 in a McLaren 12C.

So, I completed season in GT3, got a contract offer to LMP2, which I accepted. Took a couple of hours break, and when I started up pCARS again I got a message about my profile being invalid. Couldn't get into the game because of this error message. So, deleted the saved data on XB1, and let pCARS retrieve the saved data from LIVE, but still getting this message about invalid profile.

Any ideas how to solve this. Is there something I can do to fix this invalid profile?

EDIT: So, decided to bite the bullet and delete the saved data from XB1 and LIVE. Restarting pCARS now lets me into the game, and starting from scratch again. I guess I've just wasted two days progressing from tier 8 to tier 2 for nothing :(

There are obviously serious bugs with career progression in pCARS on XB1 that need fixing urgently.

Stuart Hunt
11-05-2015, 12:41
When you finish a season and get the dialog box telling you to sign a new contract offer, all available contract offers will be listed in the email Inbox (you can cycle the email category to just show Contracts). You can then select one to start the new season in a different motor sport. If you've won the events and are stuck in Superkarts, it sounds like you're just accepting the contract renewal rather than the other offers available? Formula Rookie and Clio Cup offers should also be in the email list once you've won Superkarts, so look for them instead of renewing. Hope that helps!

The general rule is if you've won the final series and see a trophy movie, you'll be offered contracts in a higher tier (often you have a choice of different motor sports, as well as different teams), as well as a renewal offer from your current team to repeat the season you've just done. Often you do need to get a podium overall finish in a feeder series (e.g. regionals) to race in a championship series, and then win that series to get the new contract offers.

You should also get a contract offer for the next tier down if you're doing ok but are struggling to win, mainly for players that have jumped in at a higher tier and are finding it too tricky. Also, some contracts are offered as you play through the game (e.g. raced a certain number of laps, won so many races), although you'll still only see these once you finish or abandon your season.

tarbat
11-05-2015, 16:14
When you finish a season and get the dialog box telling you to sign a new contract offer, all available contract offers will be listed in the email Inbox (you can cycle the email category to just show Contracts). You can then select one to start the new season in a different motor sport. If you've won the events and are stuck in Superkarts, it sounds like you're just accepting the contract renewal rather than the other offers available?

The problem was, I won the Superkart championship, got the nice video showing the cup, etc., but didn't get the dialog box about contracts, and when I viewed the emails there were no contract offers at all. Only by starting a new season, in Superkarts, and then abandoning that season, did I then see 11 contract offers. I did:
1 season in 125cc karts, winning the championship
3 seasons in Superkarts, winning the championship each time
1 more season in Superkarts, which I abandoned

Then I was offered a contract in GT3, so it let me jump from tier 7 directly tier 3. It's as if my 3 extra seasons in Superkarts counted as if I'd done tiers 6, 5, and 4. I never re-signed a new contract in Superkarts.

Looks like a bug to me, since I also ended up with the "invalid profile" message.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 17:31
When you finish a season and get the dialog box telling you to sign a new contract offer, all available contract offers will be listed in the email Inbox (you can cycle the email category to just show Contracts). You can then select one to start the new season in a different motor sport. If you've won the events and are stuck in Superkarts, it sounds like you're just accepting the contract renewal rather than the other offers available? Formula Rookie and Clio Cup offers should also be in the email list once you've won Superkarts, so look for them instead of renewing. Hope that helps!

The general rule is if you've won the final series and see a trophy movie, you'll be offered contracts in a higher tier (often you have a choice of different motor sports, as well as different teams), as well as a renewal offer from your current team to repeat the season you've just done. Often you do need to get a podium overall finish in a feeder series (e.g. regionals) to race in a championship series, and then win that series to get the new contract offers.

You should also get a contract offer for the next tier down if you're doing ok but are struggling to win, mainly for players that have jumped in at a higher tier and are finding it too tricky. Also, some contracts are offered as you play through the game (e.g. raced a certain number of laps, won so many races), although you'll still only see these once you finish or abandon your season.

I've won well over 40 super karts races now and I've seen no trophys no offers nothing just more kart races pop up, I ended up deleting my save and went straight to tier 6 on my new one, I'm waiting to see now if the same thing happens again that's if I can ever get my Clio around Dodington without spinning out.

AsHeavenIsWide
13-05-2015, 15:54
So erm hate to say it but this is another bug, im not going to slap gamebreaking on it because thats been thrown around too much already but the exact same thing has happened to me. No contract offers after winning the super karts championship.

This will probably will effect the zero to hero achievment right? Workaround starting in tier 6?

Captnkuesel
13-05-2015, 16:49
Aah now I know why after three formula rookie seasons I don't get an offer. When do you actually get the video with the cup? Only if you win the series? Because I have finished three seasons without winning though but also did not get any offers. Only after the first season there was something but I could only renew the contract as I was sooo bad :D

Fanapryde
21-05-2015, 12:51
After (amongst others) winning the Clio Cup, I received 2 offers for Ginetta G40 Junior, 2 offers for 125 shifter karts, 2 offers for Formula Gulf 1000 and a renewal from my old team for the Clio.
I accidentally hit the X for the last one and now all other offers are gone ?
Do I have to run the whole Clio season over again, or is there a way to find the others offers back ??

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 13:49
Seems like a random career bug?

I had no issues so far (grabbing hold of some wood :P)

1st seaons: T8 Kartone championship
I finished 1st in 125cc championship (UK national and global championship)
received offers for both 125cc karts and 250cc superkarts.

2nd seaons: T7 superkart championship
I finished 1st in 250cc championship (UK national and global championship)
received offers for renewal 250cc karts, Clio Cup, formula Rookie

3rd seaons: T6 Touring
halfway through the series, looking good so far

after that, I'll jump to GT4 or even GT3 if i get the offer, then on the LMP2 to move to the final tier LMP1

breyzipp
12-06-2016, 00:13
I just finished season two and I now have the following offer to sign for season 3 :

* renew 125cc kart
* renew superkart
* Clio cup
* Formula rookie
* GT3 (McLaren 12C GT3 or another contract for the Bentley Continental GT3)
* LMP3 semi-pro or something (in the Caterham SP/300 or something like that)

Now I definately want to get the LMP1 championship done before the end of season 10 so that I can get the zero to hero achievement. To reach that goal, does it matter if I now take the Clio cup, the GT3, the formula rookie or the LMP3 semi-pro? Or in other words, do these branch out towards different contracts for season 4? I really want to give the clio cup a try but not if that would slow me down to eventually get LMP1.

Fanapryde
12-06-2016, 05:48
I just finished season two and I now have the following offer to sign for season 3 :

* renew 125cc kart
* renew superkart
* Clio cup
* Formula rookie

Now I definately want to get the LMP1 championship done before the end of season 10 so that I can get the zero to hero achievement. To reach that goal, does it matter if I now take the Clio cup, the GT3, the formula rookie or the LMP3 semi-pro? Or in other words, do these branch out towards different contracts for season 4? I really want to give the clio cup a try but not if that would slow me down to eventually get LMP1.
You just need to pick the next higher tier, so don't renew your contracts.

Fanapryde
12-06-2016, 05:54

* renew 125cc kart
* renew superkart
* Clio cup
* Formula rookie

You just need to pick the next higher tier, so don't renew your contracts.

breyzipp
12-06-2016, 09:15
Your attachment doesn't work so I assume you wanted to link something like this?

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/galleries/1679/Freedom.jpg

So since I finished both tier 8 & tier 7 I now *need* to take Formula Rookie? It's weird I got offered GT3 contracts as well since they are tier 3. Also, Clio Cup and LMP3 semi-pro aren't in there. I assume the schedule is not up-to-date either with all the "coming soon" at the bottom. Is there a way I can find this schedule in-game? (without creating a new driver) Would be nice if it was in game with a little "checked" marker on those Motorsport groups you have successfully won their season.

Confusion :O

Fanapryde
12-06-2016, 11:59
Your attachment doesn't work so I assume you wanted to link something like this?

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/galleries/1679/Freedom.jpg

So since I finished both tier 8 & tier 7 I now *need* to take Formula Rookie? It's weird I got offered GT3 contracts as well since they are tier 3. Also, Clio Cup and LMP3 semi-pro aren't in there. I assume the schedule is not up-to-date either with all the "coming soon" at the bottom. Is there a way I can find this schedule in-game? (without creating a new driver) Would be nice if it was in game with a little "checked" marker on those Motorsport groups you have successfully won their season.

Confusion :O
Yes, that is the picture I posted, don't know why it is not visible any more...

Anyway:
Nobody forces you to follow tiers. If you want to race GT3, you van sign that contract, but you will lose the chance for the zero to hero trophy.
The steps are clear in the picture, you did karts and super karts, the next step should be Formula Rookie or Cllio Cup (which you can find in the Touring logo.
LMP semi pro is not a tier, so it is not listed here, the schedule is up to date.

Bealdor
13-06-2016, 11:14
Nobody forces you to follow tiers. If you want to race GT3, you van sign that contract, but you will lose the chance for the zero to hero trophy.

Erm...why?
Zero to hero doesn't care about what you race "in between" as long as you start in Tier 8 and win Tier 1 within 10 seasons or less. You don't need to participate in every tier.

Fanapryde
13-06-2016, 11:27
Erm...why?
Zero to hero doesn't care about what you race "in between" as long as you start in Tier 8 and win Tier 1 within 10 seasons or less. You don't need to participate in every tier.
Well, if that is the case, that is new for me. I've always been told different: start in karts and work your way up tier by tier...

My bad then, I was under the impression you had to follow tiers, for tier 6 choosing either FR or Touring and for tier 4 either FC, GT4 or Proto one.
Just checked the Zero to Hero: "Won the LMP1 WC within five seasons..."

Anyway, IMO I followed the most logical path, not skipping tiers...

EDIT: come to think of it, has this been changed since the game came out ? How could I have earned the ZtH trophy, competing in all tiers (since the trophy says: within five seasons...:hypnotysed:

breyzipp
13-06-2016, 12:13
Well I went with the Clio cup for season 3 and while I didn't get any Clio cup race yet until early February (I assume it starts later) I've gotten some really fine races in both road cars and GT cars :

Early GT with the BMW 320 Turbo Gr.5 (damn I love that car :P)
Ford GT Mark IV showcase championship
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X (that thing has amazing grip - AWD ofc :p)
BMW 1M is a nice ride
Mercedes A45 AMG, not sure what championship I selected this one from but that car is a bit disappointing. It's slow, got way too much ffb default (the other cars see fine default) and even though it had paddle shifters you can just use manual H-shifter with it. Any way I can prevent myself from using the wrong shifting method? I want do drive all the cars with their "real" shifting.

Schnizz58
13-06-2016, 14:13
Too late now but you have to jump over to LMP's at some point so I would have recommended doing that as soon as possible. You can always come back and race Clios and GT3's later.

breyzipp
13-06-2016, 14:48
Too late now but you have to jump over to LMP's at some point so I would have recommended doing that as soon as possible. You can always come back and race Clios and GT3's later.

Well I'm following the GT path of the above chart (the entire second row). Clio cup = tier 6 touring. After that it's GT5, GT4, GT3, endurance and finally LMP1. So I'm on schedule :)