PDA

View Full Version : To Ian Bell, ELMO and any other developers who have been updating the forums....

Luke Luxburger
10-05-2015, 16:25
I know many people are angry and annoyed about the problems and I have to admit being a little annoyed as well. But I want to says thanks for the updates other the last day or two. It's great to know things are moving behind the scenes. It's a shame to see you get blasted when you are trying you best to help and inform people. So many times a game get released with problems and you never hear from the developers so you are never sure what is happening until patch is released, for you this is not the case.

I work in IT (on a lot smaller scale to what you guys are producing) and realise how difficult testing can be and sometimes shit does happen, but one of the most important things (second to actually fixing the problems) is to keep the end user updated with what is going on. Hopefully a lot of the other people on this forum will appreciate your updates and the efforts you are going to right now to correct the problems.

(No doubt I will also be shot down in flames for posting this)

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 16:41
I know many people are angry and annoyed about the problems and I have to admit being a little annoyed as well. But I want to says thanks for the updates other the last day or two. It's great to know things are moving behind the scenes. It's a shame to see you get blasted when you are trying you best to help and inform people. So many times a game get released with problems and you never hear from the developers so you are never sure what is happening until patch is released, for you this is not the case.

I work in IT (on a lot smaller scale to what you guys are producing) and realise how difficult testing can be and sometimes shit does happen, but one of the most important things (second to actually fixing the problems) is to keep the end user updated with what is going on. Hopefully a lot of the other people on this forum will appreciate your updates and the efforts you are going to right now to correct the problems.

(No doubt I will also be shot down in flames for posting this)

Thanks very much for the sentiments. :)

Pete

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 16:42
Always appreciate good opinions also. You wont get banned for that :)

(Just the negative opions of course)

FYI, the moderators are all volunteers. We're not officially part of the SMS company. Think about that.

Seps1974
10-05-2015, 16:45
This only shows these guys care about their product and are committed to their community. Acting like that will grant SMS a huge loyal fan base and will assure a great future for P CARS.

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 16:50
Excellent first post Luke. :encouragement:

The MODs do this for love of the Sim and so we own them a lot of respect for doing such a thankless task at times. The MODs give the DEVs the backup they need.

The WMD members support the MODs and so we are their back up. However it is reassuring that there are new members who are willing to support the Title along with the rest of us despite the hammering being done by others.

Welcome to Project CARS Luke with enthusiast on the C.A.R.S. aspect.