PDA

View Full Version : How the H... do I connect the Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel to the ps4?

jooks1
10-05-2015, 16:55
I can't even get it to respond in the dashboard of the ps4.. I can get it to show the Playstation buttons. But it doesn't react. Please help.. Haven't tried the game yet..

jooks1
10-05-2015, 16:59
Using firmware 752

Elmo
10-05-2015, 17:03
Please update the firmware to 756 - For all Fanatec wheels it is essential to update the firmware to the latest version for PS4 compatibility.

I would appreciate a nicer thread title for the next time though. Makes it more likely that people actually want to help you.

jooks1
10-05-2015, 17:18
It is 756 i wrote the wrong number.

jooks1
10-05-2015, 17:29
Pretty frustrated it doesn't work. Hence the title.

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 17:29
I have the same wheel man, if I was you I wouldn't bother until it's been patched.
The FFB felt horrendous.

jooks1
10-05-2015, 17:32
I can't even connect to the ps4 and move around in the dashboard.

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 17:36
I can't even connect to the ps4 and move around in the dashboard.

Sounds par for the course alright.
Try connect in PC mode, switch off your controller, use a saved setting on your wheel with the ACL switched off and from what I've read in the Fanatec support thread just below this one, switch off your SPR rate too.
Best of luck!

IJOJOI
10-05-2015, 17:41
I have the same wheel man, if I was you I wouldn't bother until it's been patched.
The FFB felt horrendous.

Well, that "problem" is yours in fact, you have to tune the FFB to your liking.
There are enough instructions how to do that around ;)

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 17:52
Well, that "problem" is yours in fact, you have to tune the FFB to your liking.
There are enough instructions how to do that around ;)

I don't drink Kool aid buddy.
The FFB and Fanatec wheel support on the PS4 is fundamentally broken.
Have you actually tried it? I have.

IJOJOI
10-05-2015, 17:53
I don't drink Kool aid buddy.
The FFB and Fanatec wheel support on the PS4 is fundamentally broken.
Have you actually tried it? I have.

I am not a console player /:
Can you go into more detail about the problem, so that the devs can work on it?
Best Regards.

WhiteMarine
10-05-2015, 17:57
You cant use the wheel on the dashboard. Set the wheel to pc mode and then on project cars do not use the controller but push whatever x would be on the wheel to automatically set the wheel as default. Once in the game on the controls section do not use the pedal config tool and also the clutch pedal may not work so you need to assign the clutch as a separate button.

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 18:07
I am not a console player /:
Can you go into more detail about the problem, so that the devs can work on it?
Best Regards.
It's been well documented in the Fanatec thread already, I can't calibrate my wheel, I have a blank screen where a picture of my wheel should be.
There's a massive centre deadzone that doesn't seem to be able to be dialed out.
My wheel snatches violently in the direction I try to turn it.

WhiteMarine
10-05-2015, 18:24
The only force feedback i can see is in garage, tuning setup but not sure if that's the calibration or needed for each car?

IJOJOI
10-05-2015, 18:30
It's been well documented in the Fanatec thread already, I can't calibrate my wheel, I have a blank screen where a picture of my wheel should be.
There's a massive centre deadzone that doesn't seem to be able to be dialed out.
My wheel snatches violently in the direction I try to turn it.

Well that are big ISSUES!

Really hope that this gets fixed on console, it is definitely not the case in the PC - Version...

jooks1
10-05-2015, 18:35
You cant use the wheel on the dashboard. Set the wheel to pc mode and then on project cars do not use the controller but push whatever x would be on the wheel to automatically set the wheel as default. Once in the game on the controls section do not use the pedal config tool and also the clutch pedal may not work so you need to assign the clutch as a separate button.

Thanks alot - that helped me! You are my hero of the day ! Big thumbs up - and thanks for taking you time to explain

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 18:41
Well that are big ISSUES!

Really hope that this gets fixed on console, it is definitely not the case in the PC - Version...

I've heard the Fanatec wheels work fantasticaly well on the pc version of the game alright.
I can't help but get the impression that the PS4 wheel support was very rushed and underdeveloped.

WhiteMarine
10-05-2015, 19:48
Some people have problems and others don't which is what's most odd about it. I had to turn off wheel rotation sensitivity on the wheel itself and then it was much better. Probably wont help you at all but others might have better luck. I have just the standard CSR so maybe different wheels have different problems. My brake keeps stopping working so I have to repeatedly close the game and turn off and on the wheel. Even a simple demo would have found these issues before release but the game is fantastic when there are no wheel issues.