PDA

View Full Version : Penalty for being punted thu chicanes

fitzsteve
10-05-2015, 17:28
Had some awesome races online however one frustration that keeps coming back is drivers rear ending you as you brake for a chicane and you get punted through ending up with a corner cutting penalty, can this be fixed?

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 17:31
Had some awesome races online however one frustration that keeps coming back is drivers rear ending you as you brake for a chicane and you get punted through ending up with a corner cutting penalty, can this be fixed?

The problem you are describing isn't a bug unfortunately. If you create a session yourself you have the ability to disable flag and penalties and if the same situation occurs you won't get penalises.

Hope that helps

Pete

fitzsteve
10-05-2015, 17:36
That's a shame, you shouldn't be penalised for another car hitting you :(

Turn off the penalties is ok for private games but if you do it in public games the cheaters just straight line all the chicanes.

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 17:39
That's a shame, you shouldn't be penalised for another car hitting you :(

Turn off the penalties is ok for private games but if you do it in public games the cheaters just straight line all the chicanes.

I can see where you're frustration is coming from. No one likes to be penalised for others mistakes, unfortunately its one of the problems with public lobbies.

Hope this helps

Pete

DVAFP
10-05-2015, 17:40
I've had that happen to me also. One way to encourage using the brake pedal is to give penalties for crashing into someone.

fitzsteve
10-05-2015, 17:45
I've had that happen to me also. One way to encourage using the brake pedal is to give penalties for crashing into someone.

Actually there are collision penalties but they don't seem to be applied in this situation, in fact I was ahead and keeping the racing line and a player was trying to pass me on the outside, really he should give up the corner but there was contact and I received a collision penalty.

To be fair though, if you over complicate things you can end up with a system like Gran Turismo 6 which is penalty for everything lol.

Roman76
10-05-2015, 20:21
I can see where you're frustration is coming from. No one likes to be penalised for others mistakes, unfortunately its one of the problems with public lobbies.

Hope this helps

Pete

What about some penalty system something similar to the iracing ?
It works perfect eliminates bad people.
Dedicated servers where is one event with 1 circuit for 24 hours, next day different track or something like that .Set the server with qualification and race once the event is done repeat.
Simply similar system like iracing and we win

Synergist
10-05-2015, 22:54

Hope this helps

Pete

So why not introduce an in-game kick/ban feature? If you've just been crashed by an idiot who is driving like a lunatic and deliberately trolling, everyone should be able to votekick them (with just a percentage of other players' votes required). You could even make the menu a pop-out menu accessed by an F key (or perhaps the Pause menu for the consolers).

The server admin needs to also be able to set a ban on any player in their server, which is maintained until the host changes or the host unbans them.

fitz the viking
11-05-2015, 02:15
what about a reputation score? if its really low due to being a consistent smasher and basher then you can only join other low people in lobbies. keeps all of the bellends in one box out of the way. then maybe put some bees in the box and shake it every now and then too. so people who regularly dont apply brakes when approaching technical sections lose points. we all make the odd mistake which is why were all not pro drivers but no excuse for consistantly being annoying.