PDA

View Full Version : Having a blast at my local track - Oulton Park

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 18:17
This really is the game we've all been waiting for.

Not only does it feature my local track (Oulton Park), but it just happens to be the best racing sim I've ever played at home.

Anyway, here's my first attempt at capturing a video on Xbox one DVR. Apologies for it not being a full lap, but my 5 minutes ran out ! ...

It really wasn't easy, because when you snap to activate the DVR, you lose the force feedback, which made it much more difficult as I'm sure you can imagine !

https://youtu.be/QeyVbQJjXLY

Formula Palmer thingy - Everything on Pro - All settings, AI etc, and all assists off - The only way ! :cool:

I'd really like to hear from Oulton fans who'd like to get together for some serious multiplayer fun on our favourite track, and share real-life experiences of this fantastic circuit.

Hope you enjoy,

Ic.

P.S. If I find a workaround for the no FFB bug on DVR, then I'll post some laps of Oulton on the limit in a Caterham Superlight 500 - Now that's a completely different animal ! - Wouldn't even attempt it without FFB though :p

Initia1 B
11-05-2015, 20:06
Yeah same here, I've been loving smoking the Group 5's around Donnington, been there so many times, its like 10 mins away. Never fancied sticking my own car in to an armco then having to explain to my insurance that i been track daying though. Luckily now I dont need to.

yusupov
11-05-2015, 20:13
10 mins from donington...:miserable:

SMS gave a lot of love to those little british tracks what w/ the laserscanning. you guys are both lucky but i do have a question, how accurate is the weather that the game pulls so far? i honestly dont even know for sure if its working or just random :)

Lord Teddy
11-05-2015, 20:20
Oulton is my local track too, done many track days there and it's outstanding how alike the sim is to the real thing!

I'm always up for some online racing, so feel free to add me - just be sure to send a message so I know who you are.

GT - Lord Teddy Bear

WagesOfSin7
11-05-2015, 20:40
Nice video ! thank you and one question are you using a racing wheel or the X! controller?

Icaru5
11-05-2015, 21:40
Thanks. I'm using the Thrustmaster TX wheel with the standard pedal set, and can thoroughly recommend it.

Stones
11-05-2015, 22:09
Responding to the OP.
Local track here is Road America. Having a ball! The long straight through the woods after the Sargento bridge is where we hang out for the Brian Redman Classic, every year. Can almost see our group sitting on the hill as I drive by. ;)

Forgot to mention, I have been on the track as a passenger in a turbo'd Mustang for 1/2 a dozen laps. It's amazing how a car can go through the corners with race slicks on. Doing right about 150 through the straights.

Icaru5
12-05-2015, 22:52
Oulton is my local track too, done many track days there and it's outstanding how alike the sim is to the real thing!

I'm always up for some online racing, so feel free to add me - just be sure to send a message so I know who you are.

GT - Lord Teddy Bear

Thanks mate, will do. I managed to find a simple workaround for no FFB after snapping to DVR. Just snap back to dashboard and then to game, instead of doubletapping xbox guide button to snap directly. Results are looking better ! ...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24342-More-Fun-round-Oulton-Park

Ic.

Initia1 B
13-05-2015, 15:16
10 mins from donington...:miserable:

SMS gave a lot of love to those little british tracks what w/ the laserscanning. you guys are both lucky but i do have a question, how accurate is the weather that the game pulls so far? i honestly dont even know for sure if its working or just random :)

To be honest mate i just been racing in the sunshine while these control issues are sorted. Might go have a go in the wet in a sec though.

Apoc112
13-05-2015, 17:24
Local tracks here would be Virginia International, Carolina Motorsports Park, or Road Atlanta :frown-new:

Looks great, though... have you driven it in real life as well?

GRD 4 3L
13-05-2015, 18:20
I have never driven on this track before but enjoying it immensely. It feels organic, following the terrains of the land.

Icaru5
13-05-2015, 20:02
Local tracks here would be Virginia International, Carolina Motorsports Park, or Road Atlanta

Looks great, though... have you driven it in real life as well?

I have yeah, enjoyed a quite few track days there. I only live about 40 mins away. They also have race meetings at national and international level there at key weekends throughout the season. (BTCC, F3, GT, Clio Cup, VW Cup, Formula Ford, Formula Renault, Ginetta Junior, etc.) Great to take the camping chairs, blanket and a full picnic basket and pitch right next to the Armco at Cascades. Great cheap days out for the whole family and you can walk all the way around the pits, see the guys working away and have a good chat.

You've just reminded me. We really need to go again very soon ;)