PDA

View Full Version : Where is "OTHER" version of Project CARS?

Darth Praxis
10-05-2015, 18:18
So first off I want to congratulate the Slightly Mad team on what looks for the most part like a successful launch of Project CARS! You've clearly put thousands upon thousands of dedicated man hours into bringing your vision to fruition and have made what looks like an excellent driving experience!

But I feel it would be remis of me not to point out that for the last year Slightly Mad seems to have also engaged in this quiet industry "grudge" many developers in the gaming community, gaming media, and players seem to have taken with Nintendo and their Wii U console. I am not blind to the fact that developing on 4 different platforms simultaniously (well...3) is a substantial challenge even large game development studios find arduous. Yet I am very leary to absolve Slightly Mad of their decision to in essence shelve the Wii U build of Project CARS and flatly ignore an entire segment of gamers, however "small" this segment might be viewed, in favor of what they consider more lucritive platforms!

What troubles me more is that in ignoring this vocal segment Slightly Mad has effectively angered much of the potential customers that they hoped would support the Wii U version of Project CARS, which may very well have an exceptionally negative effect on sales. Many third party developers already claim that development of "quality" titles on Wii U isn't cost effective. But because of these recent trends by developers, to release rushed or bare-bones variations of their titles on Wii U, or as Slightly Mad has done in this instance delay/pospone development on the Wii U version it has become in essence a self-fulfulling prophacy.

I cordally ask that now that the PC, PS4 and XB1 versions of Project CARS have been released that Slightly Mad needs to not simply put it's efforts into making the Wii U version the very best it can be, but that they treat us, Wii U owners and supporters, as EQUALS......for ONCE! And more importantly...INFORM us of it's status and release media so that we can get excited for the game!

It would probably also potentially help to add console-specific features to the Wii U build (i.e. customizable livery utilizing the Gamepad and stylus to design) as a compensation for making us wait longer then anyone else for a version we know and understand will be visually "inferior" to all other builds.

I sincerely hope that I have not come across as presumptious or insensitve to those who have quite literally dedicated years of their life to making this game. But I want to impress upon those that would hear me that Wii U supports should not be treated as "second-class" citizens when we choose to game on a console you have committed to release your title on.

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 18:50
I never understood why SMS even committed to Wii U. pCARS on Wii U can never come close to the other versions. Actually it sounds more like a slap in the face for PS3 and X360 owners. If it can run on a Wii U, it would definitely be feasible for those two platforms as well.

I really wonder what kind of pCARS version Wii U owners expect to get.

Matther
10-05-2015, 19:05
I never understood why SMS even committed to Wii U. pCARS on Wii U can never come close to the other versions. Actually it sounds more like a slap in the face for PS3 and X360 owners. If it can run on a Wii U, it would definitely be feasible for those two platforms as well.

Why would it be a slap to PS3/360 owners? The WiiU is more powerful than those systems. Also SMS originally planned on making those versions until they scrapped it for PS4/X1.

Darth Praxis
10-05-2015, 19:12

I expect Slightly Mad to make the best version possible for the Wii U! That's what they initially promised!

Moreover I was inspired at the potential the Gamepad interactivity has for this title to the extent that I built a steering column mount for the Gamepad with Project CARS in mind!

http://youtu.be/8tMm3Z9rOKg

Realistically, I see no reason why with proper dedication to coding and development, such as has been provided for the PS4 and XB1 versions, that Project CARS on Wii U couldn't hit 720p/60 or for that matter 1080p/30. Granted, this would most likely be with certain effects disabled and fewer on-screen opponents, but I believe it to be possible! 720p/30 was what Slightly Mad had stated was their goal back in 2013, but I would hope with more time focused on a single platform now they could achieve more.

I could be dead wrong! ;)

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 19:13
My mistake, I thought the Wii U was in the same league as the PS3

Edit: that steering column is quite nifty. Not sure I would want to play pCARS on it but I must say that I see the potential

Joethe147
10-05-2015, 19:32
It does seem a bit odd that they're going for Wii U.

Darth Praxis
10-05-2015, 19:33
My mistake, I thought the Wii U was in the same league as the PS3

Edit: that steering column is quite nifty. Not sure I would want to play pCARS on it but I must say that I see the potential

It's definitely been reported as more capable then PS3 and 360, but the biggest draw for me is the potential of the Gamepad! Having the ability to incorporate F1-style wheel-mounted controls via the Gamepad touchscreen, utilizing it for telemetry, giving race position indication, and most obviously motion steering. There is a whole list of possibilities for it's uses!

The only caviat I have stumbled on with regard to automotive control is that the triggers on the Wii U Gamepad are digital, not analog! The only solution that would remedy this problem with regard to the Gamepads incorporation would be for Slightly Mad to work with say someone such as Mad Catz or Thrustmaster and have them develop an analog paddle/throttle attachment that would attach to the Gamepad and utilize analog mapping from one of the analog sticks (say the right one) and remap it to the analog brake and throttle paddles using the Gamepad's accessory port!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img809/5453/h5os.jpg

Darth Praxis
10-05-2015, 21:42
It does seem a bit odd that they're going for Wii U.

What's odd to me is they started development for the Wii U version shortly after the PC development began, long before they decided to support PS4/XB1 and shelved the Wii U build once they took those systems on. The problem is also that they instituted a total media/information blackout on anything remotely related to the Wii U version, to this day not once revealing a single screenshot or gameplay of the Wii U build, but instead showing clips and images of the PS4 version nearly as frequently as the PC version!

If you're wondering where all the frustration and aggrevation from us Wii U owners is coming from....there you go! Imagine if they had done the same thing to the PS4 or Xbox One! Would enthusiasts of either of those console not have flipped out and demanded news for their version? Wouldn't they have the right to be furious that their version was delayed longer then any other version?

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 21:46
I don't want to sound to much fanboy or offensive but if I had a Wii U I would not expect anymore games from third party developers.

I must say that I don't follow any Wii U related game news, but every time I went to the project cars website I was kinda laughing "what is that Wii version doing on the website" It's just the reputation of Wii U. People that don't own one think only Mario & Co games get released for Wii U

Darth Praxis
10-05-2015, 22:30
I don't want to sound to much fanboy or offensive but if I had a Wii U I would not expect anymore games from third party developers.

I must say that I don't follow any Wii U related game news, but every time I went to the project cars website I was kinda laughing "what is that Wii version doing on the website"

I really wish people wouldn't base their beliefs and opinions on preconceptions and hearsay. I do thank you for your candor though.

OK so, many of the problems for the Wii U arose shortly after the Wii U launch from a breakdown in agreements between Nintendo and EA. Once this occurred EA began openly trash talking the Wii U in the media and with other developers. EA then began pulling the plug on nearly every major title they had in the pipeling for Wii U, including a nearly complete and fully running version of Crysis 3, and generally causing dissent among nearly all 3rd party developers.

This led to Ubisoft, one of Nintendo's greatest 3rd party supporters, to follow EA and eventually Activision in dropping support for everything besides the lowest common denominator (Just Dance titles).

Titles that were in development such as ones specifically designed for Wii U like Rayman Legends, which was 100% completed, were forced to remain unreleased until versions of the game were made available for competing consoles.

Other developers such as Activision released their Call of Duty titles inexplicably without ANY DLC on the Wii U while DLC WAS available on competing platforms!

The final straw was when Watch Dogs developer Ubisoft decided to focus on the XB360, XB1, PS3 and PS4 versions of the game while delaying the release of the Wii U version 6 months (starting to sound familiar), bringing out the least polished, buggiest version of the game that clearly hadn't been properly devloped and then announced they would make no more M-rated titles for Wii U because they sold so horribly!

THIS is one of the main reasons the Wii U has struggled. Granted, Nintendo could have (and possibly should have) at any time stepped in and pulled a Sony or microsoft and dumped truck-loads of cash on developers to ensure the Wii U versions of these games were properly supported. But the developers in my opinion should have the integrity when making their games on these systems to do their best for every version regardless.

Now as for Project CARS, as I stated above, Slightly Mad began development for the Wii U version long before they started work on the XB1/PS4 versions! Why shouldn't we expect them to honor their commitment to us in making the Wii U version not only the best it possibly can be, but also that they should release it in conjunction with the other platforms?

3Dude
10-05-2015, 23:31
It's definitely been reported as more capable then PS3 and 360, but the biggest draw for me is the potential of the Gamepad! Having the ability to incorporate F1-style wheel-mounted controls via the Gamepad touchscreen, utilizing it for telemetry, giving race position indication, and most obviously motion steering. There is a whole list of possibilities for it's uses!

The only caviat I have stumbled on with regard to automotive control is that the triggers on the Wii U Gamepad are digital, not analog! The only solution that would remedy this problem with regard to the Gamepads incorporation would be for Slightly Mad to work with say someone such as Mad Catz or Thrustmaster and have them develop an analog paddle/throttle attachment that would attach to the Gamepad and utilize analog mapping from one of the analog sticks (say the right one) and remap it to the analog brake and throttle paddles using the Gamepad's accessory port!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img809/5453/h5os.jpg

More capable sure, but even the best looking games on the Wii U look close to current PS3 & Xbox 360 games. I can understand why SMS might kill the Wii U version if there is no version coming for last-generation systems.

Darth Praxis
11-05-2015, 00:07
More capable sure, but even the best looking games on the Wii U look close to current PS3 & Xbox 360 games. I can understand why SMS might kill the Wii U version if there is no version coming for last-generation systems.

If that was the case then their continued statements denying the cancellation of the Wii U build make little sense. It is also quite disconcerting when considering these press releases saying it's still planned at how silent the development team has been on the subject within the forums themselves, both here and WMD. Whatever the reason is I would very much appreciate Slightly Mad stepping out of the shadows regarding the Wii U build and start promoting the damn thing!

Matther
11-05-2015, 00:40
If that was the case then their continued statements denying the cancellation of the Wii U build make little sense. It is also quite disconcerting when considering these press releases saying it's still planned at how silent the development team has been on the subject within the forums themselves, both here and WMD. Whatever the reason is I would very much appreciate Slightly Mad stepping out of the shadows regarding the Wii U build and start promoting the damn thing!

You would think SMS would at LEAST come out of their corner letting the Nintendo community they are done. If I recall, in a survey they had last year, the highest percent of users wanting the game, want it on WiiU. Ignoring potential customers is the worst business branding you can do. They need to re market this or at least say they are not interested. As long as we get an answer dang it!!

Jpd01
11-05-2015, 08:57
What should also be kept in mind by the developers is that a lot of Wii U owners have more than one platform . And by keeping silent and pushing these people to the side they may be fostering ill will towards their company even if they never no longer wish to develope future titles for the Wii U they might well be loosing potential customers on future releases.
While it's all well and good to suggest that those that have other platforms should purchase a copy for one of those platforms it doesn't address the issue of people being able to make a choice of where and how to spend their money. Leading out of the gate with promises and then deafening silence is not a good way to introduce a new company and product to people and that's not even including those that specifically funded the kickstarted to have this game on a specific platform such as the Wii U.

bubbleguuum
11-05-2015, 09:13
Wii U is a Mario machine, that's all is it for. Enjoy your Mario !

CptSpavers
11-05-2015, 14:20
This sounds like you're mad at an organisation of people not bending to what you want.

I think if I too was developing a game that's costing thousands every day to pay my employees and I had to make a decision of whether to carry on developing a version of the game that would end up a console where it may only sell a fraction of what it would on other systems, then I'd axe that version. It just makes sense really that they did it doesn't it? Here's a list of the game sale figures for software on the Wii U which took a literal second to Google http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/47/wii-u/. All the games that have managed to move over a million copies are Nintendo first party software. Not even Lego City Undercover has managed to push 1 million worldwide despite being around for over two years (and a very established franchise!).

Then of course when you look at genre trends here in terms of racing, sure, Mario Kart 8 is the second highest selling game there. But you don't need me to tell you that to compare Mario Kart and Project CARS would be comparing apples and oranges. The next racer in the list pops in at 26 and it's Sonic and All-Stars Racing (450,000 copies). Another karting game! Then, inevitably, Need For Speed is sitting there at 48 only ever having sold 200,000 copies worldwide.

Thus far, there's no sim racer in the list. Of course one could argue that this would be opportune for SMS/WMD to develop on the Wii U and make a shedload of money right? Well, wrong actually. There doesn't appear to be a market or an audience for it. And what might be there, well it isn't that big.

It may have been literally hundreds of thousands spent only on development for the Wii U version. If you don't make that money back, it's a loss. Ergo, if that version hadn't been made in the first place then a loss of profit wouldn't have occurred. It may be a tough pill to swallow but the people who've made this game are still people, with bills to pay and families to feed. If they had to make the decision to axe a version of the game so they could focus on making the 'next-gen' version as appealing as possible so that they can turn a great profit then I say kudos to them, what an astute and logical thing to do.

And I suppose as an end to this entire point I'm trying to make; you're mad because you don't have something that you just well, want. I can wax lyrical about what possibly led to this becoming a decision on their part and I find it all quite understandable. You just seem kind of angry for the sake of being angry.

Darth Praxis
11-05-2015, 19:44
This sounds like you're mad at an organisation of people not bending to what you want.

I think if I too was developing a game that's costing thousands every day to pay my employees and I had to make a decision of whether to carry on developing a version of the game that would end up a console where it may only sell a fraction of what it would on other systems, then I'd axe that version. It just makes sense really that they did it doesn't it? Here's a list of the game sale figures for software on the Wii U which took a literal second to Google http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/47/wii-u/. All the games that have managed to move over a million copies are Nintendo first party software. Not even Lego City Undercover has managed to push 1 million worldwide despite being around for over two years (and a very established franchise!).

Then of course when you look at genre trends here in terms of racing, sure, Mario Kart 8 is the second highest selling game there. But you don't need me to tell you that to compare Mario Kart and Project CARS would be comparing apples and oranges. The next racer in the list pops in at 26 and it's Sonic and All-Stars Racing (450,000 copies). Another karting game! Then, inevitably, Need For Speed is sitting there at 48 only ever having sold 200,000 copies worldwide.

Thus far, there's no sim racer in the list. Of course one could argue that this would be opportune for SMS/WMD to develop on the Wii U and make a shedload of money right? Well, wrong actually. There doesn't appear to be a market or an audience for it. And what might be there, well it isn't that big.

It may have been literally hundreds of thousands spent only on development for the Wii U version. If you don't make that money back, it's a loss. Ergo, if that version hadn't been made in the first place then a loss of profit wouldn't have occurred. It may be a tough pill to swallow but the people who've made this game are still people, with bills to pay and families to feed. If they had to make the decision to axe a version of the game so they could focus on making the 'next-gen' version as appealing as possible so that they can turn a great profit then I say kudos to them, what an astute and logical thing to do.

And I suppose as an end to this entire point I'm trying to make; you're mad because you don't have something that you just well, want. I can wax lyrical about what possibly led to this becoming a decision on their part and I find it all quite understandable. You just seem kind of angry for the sake of being angry.

I am frustrated because Slightly Mad made a commitment to bring Project CARS out on Wii U before PS4 and XB1 were even a thing. They have subsequently avoided and/or ignored nearly all requests for details about the forthcoming Wii U version other then simply saying "it's still coming", while simultaniously ramping the promotion of the PS4 version into high gear! By taking this tact of avoidance and silence they have effectively jaded a large majority of those who once were excited about Project CARS on Wii U.

And that's our fault! Are you being serious?

What may have been a concern about the financial viability of developing a Wii U Project CARS has now been placed in even further jeopardy by not treating their potential Wii U customers with the same respect and dedication they have shown their PC, PS4 and XB1 customers! And asking them to have the integrity to uphold their commitment is somehow being "selfish" in your eyes?

So you're the spokesperson for Slightly Mad Studios now?

I admit that the problems that have plagued the Wii U are fairly complicated and responsibility for it's struggle to gain market share lies with both Nintendo and it's 3rd parties. But I can also say that these 3rd party developers have thusfar generally provided the Wii U with half-assed ports with missing or removed features that don't even reflect parity with competitors versions of their titles. And then said developers claim that their software "doesn't sell well" after handicaping their Wii U "efforts".

So when the nearly non-existant information I'm left with by Slightly Mad to help me interpret their actions with logically concludes that they are doing EXACTLY what these other developers have done, exactly what Ubisoft did to the Wii U version of Watch Dogs, yeah...it pisses me off!

Once again, would you play the same "devils advicate" if this were a PS4 or XB1 version that was being handled this way? You'll respond "they gotta feed their kids!!!" They CHOSE to support Wii U! We didn't make them choose to!

I just have a real problem with dishonorable dealings and conduct!

And Slightly Mad: you have not shown honor here!

Mark Bevan
11-05-2015, 19:55
From memory, the original plan was for a simultaneous release on all platforms simultaneously, but the Wii U and SteamOS were later delayed due to time and budget constraints. That doesn't mean that they aren't coming and I' sure I remember some screenshots from the Wii U version as a dev was happy to have made the game render on Wii U.

WoodenSaucer
11-05-2015, 20:05

Dude, this is not just some pipe dream wishlist. We're just expecting them to do what they said they were going to do. Early on, they had a poll to see which console people wanted the game for the most, and the Wii U had the most votes by far. Every other platform has other sim racers to choose from, but the Wii U has absolutely no competition in this genre.

If they want to ditch the Wii U, that's their choice. But at least have the decency to freakin tell us instead of just ignoring people's questions. They said they were putting it on the back burner until the game was complete for everything else. Well now there is even talk of a sequel, and still no word about the Wii U version we were promised. This is not just some self-entitled people whining to make someone do something they want; it's people who have been vested in this project and were promised a game. All we want is an official word one way or the other about where they stand with the Wii U version that they promised us, and that people backed their project in anticipation for.

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 20:10
Guys, calm down. There are multiple reasons why the WiiU version got delayed. Some of them you can read here some are under NDA but I can assure you that us WMD members where never hinted that the WiiU version got scrapped. It's quite the opposite actually.

Darth Praxis
11-05-2015, 20:22
Guys, calm down. There are multiple reasons why the WiiU version got delayed. Some of them you can read here some are under NDA but I can assure you that us WMD members where never hinted that the WiiU version got scrapped. It's quite the opposite actually.

Great....again, treat us the same way the PC, PS4 and XB1 supporters have been treated! Let us see the game. Give us regular updates. And those budget constraints I am sure were made to make room for PS4 and XB1 development instead of continuing on the Wii U build. That's another bone of contention. As for the "unnofficial" pictures of the Wii U build, Slightly Mad NEVER confirmed anything. One of my friends just so happens to be a part of the WMD community by the way! So yeah....with the information he CAN tell me, which isn't much, they have absolutely NOT been forthcoming on any front!

EpicU
12-05-2015, 05:45
Great....again, treat us the same way the PC, PS4 and XB1 supporters have been treated! Let us see the game. Give us regular updates. And those budget constraints I am sure were made to make room for PS4 and XB1 development instead of continuing on the Wii U build. That's another bone of contention. As for the "unnofficial" pictures of the Wii U build, Slightly Mad NEVER confirmed anything. One of my friends just so happens to be a part of the WMD community by the way! So yeah....with the information he CAN tell me, which isn't much, they have absolutely NOT been forthcoming on any front!

Calm yourself Darth, I believe they'll do something if your friend gets a few screenies of the Wii U build. ;)
Or maybe there won't be any because there's no Wii U version?

Wolfe
13-05-2015, 07:17
As a fellow Nintendo fan, I was going to give SMS the benefit of the doubt a little longer before asking about the Wii U, but here we are. :)

So...have you seen the bugs and glitches in this game, Darth Praxis? Depending on who you ask, Project CARS wasn't quite ready for any platform, much less the Wii U, where the "release it now, fix it later" philosophy is kind of a foreign concept and pretty much unacceptable (think of the 8GB units out there!).

Don't get me wrong, I know people are still enjoying it and I'm looking forward to playing it myself, but there are some kinks left to iron out. With the extra time for the Wii U version, SMS can ship the game with some of those issues already fixed. If so, we'd receive a better product on day one, and I think that's part of the reason they delayed the Wii U version in the first place. Whether it's a matter of limited storage or consumer expectations, I think SMS understood that it would be unwise to ship the game before it's truly ready.

For all we know, it could be Nintendo's own requirements holding the game back, perhaps restrictions on what they allow for title updates.

What's odd to me is they started development for the Wii U version shortly after the PC development began, long before they decided to support PS4/XB1 and shelved the Wii U build once they took those systems on.
This is actually untrue. From what I can tell, SMS began working on the Wii U version around the same time as the PS4/XBone versions. The PC version was developed first, and SMS branched off from that for the console versions. I understand how people misinterpreted the early platform list.

It's not terribly surprising that the Wii U version needed more time. But now that the other versions are out the door, I agree that the clock is ticking for some kind of announcement about the Wii U.

Darth Praxis
13-05-2015, 18:18
As a fellow Nintendo fan, I was going to give SMS the benefit of the doubt a little longer before asking about the Wii U, but here we are. :)

So...have you seen the bugs and glitches in this game, Darth Praxis? Depending on who you ask, Project CARS wasn't quite ready for any platform, much less the Wii U, where the "release it now, fix it later" philosophy is kind of a foreign concept and pretty much unacceptable (think of the 8GB units out there!).

Don't get me wrong, I know people are still enjoying it and I'm looking forward to playing it myself, but there are some kinks left to iron out. With the extra time for the Wii U version, SMS can ship the game with some of those issues already fixed. If so, we'd receive a better product on day one, and I think that's part of the reason they delayed the Wii U version in the first place. Whether it's a matter of limited storage or consumer expectations, I think SMS understood that it would be unwise to ship the game before it's truly ready.

For all we know, it could be Nintendo's own requirements holding the game back, perhaps restrictions on what they allow for title updates.

This is actually untrue. From what I can tell, SMS began working on the Wii U version around the same time as the PS4/XBone versions. The PC version was developed first, and SMS branched off from that for the console versions. I understand how people misinterpreted the early platform list.

It's not terribly surprising that the Wii U version needed more time. But now that the other versions are out the door, I agree that the clock is ticking for some kind of announcement about the Wii U.

They might have shifted focus onto the XB1/PS4 builds shortly after cancelling their co-development of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, but as far as I remember they actually had the framework for the Wii U version up and "running" before they even announced they were working the PS4 / XB1 itterations. Hey, I could be wrong. I'll have to dig up the info.

And you are absolutely correct that if the current release available on other platforms is as terribly incomplete and buggy as you state it seems to be then the Wii U build could very likely benefit more from the delay.

The biggets stumbling block for me however is that Slightly Mad seemed genuinely excited at the prospect of developing Project CARS on Wii U early on, then went dead silent regarding any information about that version while heavily promoting the PS4 build of the game. There could be a THOUSAND reasons for this. Development capital was getting tight. Their might have been difficulties coming to grips with 4 different versions of the game simultaniously that were stretching the development team too thin. Sony and/or microsoft may have required contractual committments that ensured the game release on their systems first. Even Nintendo could have placed some sort of NDA/"gag-order" that prohibited Slightly Mad from releasing any information regarding the Wii U version, though this last possibility I think is nuts, but there is the possibility.

Whatever the reason was or may be, my problem is there should have been and should now be more complete disclosure with their potential Nintendo customers about it's development. Hell, the NAME of the the game insinuates that there is to be communication within the game community to help make this the best most complete racing game possible, whether that be with backers or game enthusiasts such as myself! And from my source there has been NO communication in either area specifically with regard to the Wii U version for a very long time.

The last thing I intended to do here was to ruffle feathers or insult anyone! I am completely aware that taking on such a mammoth endevor as developing a major racing title on multiple platforms is not something to be taken lightly or scoffed at. Personally I am acceptionally proud of what this team has accomplished with the game thusfar, which has clearly not gone unnoticed by Sony and Microsoft and likely has made them realize they will need to step up their respective "game". That says a LOT about the talent present here!

But I do feel that for whatever reason Slightly Mad Studios may have had for severing communications solely regarding the Wii U version of Project CARS was not a good decision and should be remedied as soon as possible!

Wolfe
13-05-2015, 22:14
They might have shifted focus onto the XB1/PS4 builds shortly after cancelling their co-development of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, but as far as I remember they actually had the framework for the Wii U version up and "running" before they even announced they were working the PS4 / XB1 itterations. Hey, I could be wrong. I'll have to dig up the info.
After looking it up, you're right, SMS did have the Wii U version up and running before they announced the switch from PS3/XB360 to PS4/XBone...but it wasn't "shortly after" they started development on PC, and it was within a few months of when development started on PS4/XBone, all in late 2013. ;)

The main point is, the Wii U version wasn't in development as far back as when they announced it. They established a foundation on PC first, then branched off to develop the console versions concurrently. So the Wii U never had much of a head start. It's just late...

...Even Nintendo could have placed some sort of NDA/"gag-order" that prohibited Slightly Mad from releasing any information regarding the Wii U version, though this last possibility I think is nuts, but there is the possibility.
According to WMD members I've spoken to, that's exactly what happened after one too many info leaks about the Wii U version from the WMD forum. It's such an odd duck that both the fans and the haters couldn't resist spreading juicy details and (early) screenshots.

The last thing I intended to do here was to ruffle feathers or insult anyone! I am completely aware that taking on such a mammoth endevor as developing a major racing title on multiple platforms is not something to be taken lightly or scoffed at. Personally I am acceptionally proud of what this team has accomplished with the game thusfar, which has clearly not gone unnoticed by Sony and Microsoft and likely has made them realize they will need to step up their respective "game". That says a LOT about the talent present here!
I'm rooting for SMS, too; my friends on GTPlanet seem to be quite happy with the game. :encouragement: So I agree, it's better to remain positive and constructive in seeking some answers.

Hopefully this thread encourages a friendly SMS employee to throw us a bone. :cool:

Darth Praxis
14-05-2015, 06:44
Hopefully this thread encourages a friendly SMS employee to throw us a bone. :cool:

Wolfe lookin for a bone!?! Man...you were BEGGIN for it!!!

...hmmm?

I cannot respond correctly to your name! ;)

A couple of thoughts. I do understand that Nintendo "may" have had some input on whether Slightly Mad released any information or media regarding the game for the Wii U, but I believe the real reason now that we know Slightly Mad did indeed shelve the Wii U build in favor of developing doe PS4 and XB1 that they likely had nothing really good to show us. Again this comes back to being frank and honest with their customers and not keeping us in the dark. My friend also told me that he, as a backer was also kept in the dark about why no further information was being revealed for the Wii U build even though he WAS under NDA!

This isn't conducive to the "Community-Assisted-Racing-Simulator" template that Slightly Mad claimed to build their game around. It takes inclusion on ALL formats, including the Wii U, for the "community" to assist in inputing the necessary data for the developer to produce the most complete and satisfying product for all versions of the game. There are issues to be discussed regarding analog throttle/braking solutions, steering options, utilization of the Gamepad screen the possibilities inherant in customization through it. None of which has been to my understanding discussed even within the WMD community much less outside of that group.

And again the Wii U community has been treated terribly by 3rd party developers who have made it very clear by their actions that the Wii U is last on their priority list and seemingly conveying that we should be "lucky" we get anything at all. And after treating us with such percieved distain they then justify the abandonment of our chosen format because their mishandled, poorly ported and stripped-down titles don't sell well. Yeah, I wonder why that is?

And I know that this might seem as though I am comparing the quality of this other racing title to Project CARS, which I am most certainly not, except maybe just for the fact that it runs at 60fps on Wii U but another game being developed through a Kickstarter that got off the ground roughly the same time as development for Project CARS on Wii U began has released a video showcasing itself today. And maybe I find it just a bit ironic that this tiny handful of coders and artists have been able to provide Wii U enthusiasts with more information and results via pictures and gameplay videos over roughly the span of time that Slightly Mad has had to work on their version with nothing to show the Wii U community. Food for thought.

http://youtu.be/RpjHlBvTCck

Wolfe
14-05-2015, 22:51
Wolfe lookin for a bone!?! Man...you were BEGGIN for it!!!
;)

My friend...told me that he, as a backer was also kept in the dark about why no further information was being revealed for the Wii U build even though he WAS under NDA!
Like I said, there were WMD members who didn't respect the NDA. As I recall, it was after someone blabbed to NeoGAF about some progress in optimizing the Wii U version that everything went silent, and the Wii U was omitted from the build notes from that point forward (several months before the "2015" delay, IIRC). So a few WMD members are partly to blame. It's unfortunate, but I wouldn't pin it all on SMS.

...There are issues to be discussed regarding analog throttle/braking solutions, steering options, utilization of the Gamepad screen the possibilities inherant in customization through it. None of which has been to my understanding discussed even within the WMD community much less outside of that group.
There might be more WMD discussion about the Wii U version than you think. Of course, if it was acknowledged openly, there could be more opportunities for feedback and suggestions...but on the other hand, anything they haven't already thought of and incorporated into the game could push back the release date or introduce bugs. It's a bit of a double-edged sword that way.

Regarding analog throttle/braking, there are a couple solutions already. I intend to use the right analog stick, the way I learned to play Playstation 2 racing games. The inability to use the throttle and brake simultaneously is not a deal breaker for me -- I never left-foot brake in real life or on my Logitech G25, and unless I'm using a wheel, I'd rather let the game rev-match downshifts for me.

A more creative solution is to utilize motion control steering (if it's any good) and assign the throttle to the right stick, with the brake on the left stick. It remains to be seen if that would be worthwhile.

Darth Praxis
16-05-2015, 05:59
;)

Like I said, there were WMD members who didn't respect the NDA. As I recall, it was after someone blabbed to NeoGAF about some progress in optimizing the Wii U version that everything went silent, and the Wii U was omitted from the build notes from that point forward (several months before the "2015" delay, IIRC). So a few WMD members are partly to blame. It's unfortunate, but I wouldn't pin it all on SMS.

There might be more WMD discussion about the Wii U version than you think. Of course, if it was acknowledged openly, there could be more opportunities for feedback and suggestions...but on the other hand, anything they haven't already thought of and incorporated into the game could push back the release date or introduce bugs. It's a bit of a double-edged sword that way.

Regarding analog throttle/braking, there are a couple solutions already. I intend to use the right analog stick, the way I learned to play Playstation 2 racing games. The inability to use the throttle and brake simultaneously is not a deal breaker for me -- I never left-foot brake in real life or on my Logitech G25, and unless I'm using a wheel, I'd rather let the game rev-match downshifts for me.

A more creative solution is to utilize motion control steering (if it's any good) and assign the throttle to the right stick, with the brake on the left stick. It remains to be seen if that would be worthwhile.

I remember seeing some very grainy screen grabs that weren't officially confirmed to be Wii U shots but that seems a fairly flimsy excuse to shut out any and all Wii U information while PC and shortly there after PS4 information seemed to almost flood out into gaming media sites and Youtube! That is a disparity that has aggravated and in many ways insulted Wii U supports the world over!

You brought up a point about if SMS were to open up to community suggestions NOW and try and incorporate such suggestions as ones like I have mentioned in this thread that production for the Wii U version would only be slowed down and delayed further. Now not to toot my own horn or anything but back in December of 2013 I remember how absolutely JAZZED I was for this game and the potential it held for the Wii U and it's Gamepad interface. I understood though that there were several limiting factors that could relegate the Wii U version to being viewed as far more "casual" a title then the other versions. So I started work on an invention of my own design to try and address these shortcomings. So I scrounged around some scrap metal bins and with a little ingenuity and a LOT of welding I built a table mounted steering platform for the Wii U Gamepad! I tried to utilize the most common of components to incorporate a basic spring-retrun, auto-centering mechanism that created a mechanical steering feedback to work in conjunction with the Gamepad's motion steering capabilities.

The ONLY thing that I was unable to bring to fruition was the aforementioned analog throttle/brake paddles that would operate off the Gamepad's accessory port. But let me tell you I contacted EVERYBODY! Slightly Mad, Mad Catz, Thrustmaster, Logitech.....you name it! But as I soon found out I'm simply a very enthusiastic gamer with some fabrication skills and without any kind of industry pull or backing. No one save for the very kind folks as Simraceway, who encouraged me to contact those within their own community to see if I could find a backer, was interested or would take me seriously.

And I did not nor do not do this for notoriety of recognition!

I created this device SIMPLY because I want everyone to get the MOST out of what I continue to maintain to be the most intriguing and creative version of Project CARS possible! The Wii U version! And I let SMS know about this via the only methods I had available to me, which were my WMD forum contact and friend, their main web page through the comments section and their Facebook page. So as far as them having enough advanced input from the community, or at least an "unofficial" member of their community, I'd say that would qualify!

Another thing is if they shelved the Wii U version in favor of every other system so early on and cut off any communication with the Nintendo community then how is is our fault that our window of input has been so drastically limited because of their decisions? That's a cop-out! It is plain to see that SMS should have maintained a small team of developers to continue to work on the Wii U version and at least try and keep it up to date with the other versions as much as they possibly could so as not to affect it's potential delay that much more drastically!

A little foresight is far easier to accommodate then a bitter hindsight!

As for my steering project, if you are at all curious as to what exactly I am referring to here are a few pictures of the Gamepad "steering column" I built in different stages of the build.

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/8137/ex6w.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/6415/yzrz.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/7696/kcgi.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/1509/nq0g.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/118/zc3j.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/591/xv1n.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/2002/0r6g.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img836/8198/7biq.jpg

Kalidor69
16-05-2015, 11:35
PC, X1 and PS4 versions is out , it's time for Wii U news !

Sankyo
16-05-2015, 12:08
I remember seeing some very grainy screen grabs that weren't officially confirmed to be Wii U shots but that seems a fairly flimsy excuse to shut out any and all Wii U information while PC and shortly there after PS4 information seemed to almost flood out into gaming media sites and Youtube! That is a disparity that has aggravated and in many ways insulted Wii U supports the world over!
Not SMS's fault if people outside don't understand what 'NDA' stands for. If screenshots were marked as 'not to be shared outside' and they still were, it's SMS's right to cut out all communication in order to not endanger the project as a whole. That's not a 'flimsy excuse' but game development reality.

Kalidor69
16-05-2015, 12:23
First screenshot of the PS4 version (one year before the launch), it's not the same process for the Wii U version ?

Darth Praxis
16-05-2015, 14:19
Not SMS's fault if people outside don't understand what 'NDA' stands for. If screenshots were marked as 'not to be shared outside' and they still were, it's SMS's right to cut out all communication in order to not endanger the project as a whole. That's not a 'flimsy excuse' but game development reality.

First off do you realize that your comment essentially constitutes only the SECOND response I have ever gotten from someone "within" Slightly Mad Studios since I began requesting information over a year ago?

And yes I do understand what an NDA means and that this is their property and if they so choose to they have every right to close off all communication about a project, as they have done with the Wii U version. I also understand that releasing early screenshots or video of a build that isn't very far along could have adverse reactions and affects on the very community you hope to garner support.

What baffles me is that both you and they appear to believe that excluding an entire segment of their potential consumer base, i.e. Wii U supporters, while happily providing every possible bit of technical information, screen shots and videos for all the other platforms the game is to be released on is NOT going to adversely affect support for the Wii U version? In this respect the NDA seems to simply exist to shield SMS from blame and be used as YES a very flimsy excuse for what most of those I speak to consider their decision to abandon the Wii U outright!

I am one of a very few that actually still cares and is actively fighting for Project CARS on the Wii U at all!

I challenge you to go over to the forum I moderate for, the WiiUForums (http://wiiuforums.com/), and just see how jaded that community alone has become about this game!

Here, just peruse my old thread from a year ago when I decided to make my steering column mount for the Gamepad and watch the progression of negativity I have fought so hard against infect that community!

http://wiiuforums.com/wii-u-accessories/18270-darths-gamepad-steering-column.html

First screenshot of the PS4 version (one year before the launch), it's not the same process for the Wii U version ?

Apparently not! And again I am sure that this is going to be explained by stating that it is because the Wii U version isn't far enough along yet! And that is because Slightly Mad has in their infinite wisdom decided to shelve the Wii U version and shift totally over to PS4/XB1 and PC over a year ago!

Again just as Ubisoft did with the Wii U version of Watch Dogs....and look at how abysmal the sales of THAT title on Wii U were after delaying it's release 6 months after every other version of that game released! Ubisoft NEVER released any specific details, screenshots or video of the Wii U version of Watch Dogs throughout it's development, while at the very same time flooding the game media with the other versions, again most notably the PS4 and XB1 versions.

So is it any surprise why so many Wii U supporters are so vehemently outraged when Slightly Mad seems to be following an industry trend to ostracize us?

Wolfe
16-05-2015, 18:15
Honestly, Darth Praxis, I've already accepted that Project CARS could be another Watch_Dogs deal in terms of its reception on Wii U. :nonchalance: And I mean no offense to WMD/SMS when I say that. I'm simply tempering my expectations. Maybe SMS can restart the hype train from where they parked it a year and a half ago, but right now I'm just hoping the game will be the best it can be.

With any luck, SMS won't take the sales figures to heart and they'll give Nintendo a chance with PCARS2, presumably on NX. That's also me being a tad selfish; if I had a racing sim series to play on Nintendo, I would have no reason to buy a Playstation or Xbox again. I only bought my PS2 and XB360 for racing games, to complement my Nintendo systems. I just want to stomp koopas, shoot metroids, and race on the Nürburgring all on the same console, for once.

Darth Praxis
17-05-2015, 03:45
Honestly, Darth Praxis, I've already accepted that Project CARS could be another Watch_Dogs deal in terms of its reception on Wii U. :nonchalance: And I mean no offense to WMD/SMS when I say that. I'm simply tempering my expectations. Maybe SMS can restart the hype train from where they parked it a year and a half ago, but right now I'm just hoping the game will be the best it can be.

With any luck, SMS won't take the sales figures to heart and they'll give Nintendo a chance with PCARS2, presumably on NX. That's also me being a tad selfish; if I had a racing sim series to play on Nintendo, I would have no reason to buy a Playstation or Xbox again. I only bought my PS2 and XB360 for racing games, to complement my Nintendo systems. I just want to stomp koopas, shoot metroids, and race on the Nürburgring all on the same console, for once.

I don't necessarily disagree, other than you and I seem to have different perspectives on acceptance and for whatever reason I feel compelled to continue to pressure them to as you state, make the Wii U version of Project CARS the best it can be.

As for wanting our cake and eating it too, meaning having the titles we want on Wii U, that's precisely how I feel. I honestly believe if there was as much support and dedication given to the Wii U by third parties it would be in a different position right now. And honestly I'm not solely holding Slightly Mad, or for that matter other third party developers wholly responsible. If Nintendo were to more aggressively pursue third party support and ensure that they dedicate as much effort and resources into products for their system as they do for Nintendo's competitors I believe we might be seeing a bit of a different story unfold in the console market.

I am also very hopeful that Nintendo takes their current situation far more seriously then thay have so far and properly addresses it in their NX system.

HyperSportsGear
17-05-2015, 08:21
With the current financial climate within the games industry, with multiple layoffs in the hundreds in various studios, I really wasn't that surprised when I found out that the Nintendo version was being scrapped. It seems a lot of developers and studios have had to cut their budgets significantly.

Darth Praxis
17-05-2015, 17:01
With the current financial climate within the games industry, with multiple layoffs in the hundreds in various studios, I really wasn't that surprised when I found out that the Nintendo version was being scrapped. It seems a lot of developers and studios have had to cut their budgets significantly.

Well...if you read through this thread and also follow what Slightly Mad has stated in press releases, even within the last couple months, the Wii U version of Project CARS is still being developed.

I am simply trying to establish a general line of communication and awareness, as I have been attempting to do for the last year between Slightly Mad's Wii U development team and we their potential customers. My goal has ever been to try and address concerns that have been brought up through discussions within the Wii U gaming community that raised concerns of how Slightly Mad might address potential issues they will likely come across in developing Project CARS on the Wii U.

And since the Wii U community is the one with the most hands-on experience with the system I figured that Slightly Mad might actually be interested in and benefit form our input on how to approach aspects of the games develolment to more effecitvely appeal to the Wii U market!

Once again, the name of the game, Project CARS ( C.ommunity A.ssisted R.acing S.imulator ) implys that Slightly Mad Studios is committed to work and communicate with the end users ,i.e. us gamers, to ensure that this game meets the expectations of excellence that both Slightly Mad and it's users hope to achieve....together! In every version! On every platform!

Failrunner
17-05-2015, 17:40

I must say that I don't follow any Wii U related game news, but every time I went to the project cars website I was kinda laughing "what is that Wii version doing on the website" It's just the reputation of Wii U. People that don't own one think only Mario & Co games get released for Wii U

Dude the Wii U is amazing even if nintendo screwed up with it. The games are awesome and to me it's one of nintendos best consoles to date. I'm sure the Wii U version of the game won't have the best graphics and frame rate but it's nice to see games like this on the console as well as the fact that the game allows you to steer with the gamepad so you don't even have to buy a wheel if you don't want to steer with an analog stick. I prefer my Wii U over my PS4. The exclusives are amazing.

Wolfe
18-05-2015, 02:20
I don't necessarily disagree, other than you and I seem to have different perspectives on acceptance and for whatever reason I feel compelled to continue to pressure them to as you state, make the Wii U version of Project CARS the best it can be.
I'm with you on that. :) I was talking about the game's reception among Nintendo fans. My far-fetched hope was for PCARS to make a splash on Wii U, demonstrating that a racing sim could be viable on Nintendo hardware. Unfortunately, the extended delay and information blackout has likely curbed interest within the Nintendo community, like what happened with Watch_Dogs, which is a shame.

As I said, if that's the case, I hope SMS doesn't take it to heart. It has done no good to keep Nintendo fans in the dark, even if it is a matter of NDA concerns beyond Slightly Mad's control.

Dude the Wii U is amazing even if nintendo screwed up with it. The games are awesome and to me it's one of nintendos best consoles to date.
I agree! For all the doom and gloom it's probably the best console I've had. The convenience of the Wii U GamePad is underrated, and Nintendo has been rolling out some of the best stuff they've made in years. I couldn't care less about many of the games third party publishers crap out these days. I'm not convinced Nintendo needs them. I'd rather see more indie games on the eShop that place gameplay ahead of flashy graphics and cinematics. The absence of third party retail titles helps draw attention to those small developers.

Once I get my hands on Project CARS and Xenoblade Chronicles X, the Wii U will have ticked all the right boxes for me. :)

Doogerie
18-05-2015, 12:34
to be honest I see why the devs have shelved the Wii u version of the game the Wii U has not sold particularly well and i think the profit margin is possibly to small to warrant making a version of project cars for this platform sorry

Kalidor69
18-05-2015, 16:36
http://abahblog.blueguerilla.org/?p=876&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

https://polldaddy.com/poll/8237177/?view=results

nobody wants project cars Wii U ?

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 16:37
Tbh I dont blame them for stopping with the Wii U version I doubt many 4 year olds would enjoy this game

ROTTEN
18-05-2015, 16:56
Thank god they shelved it. 3 platforms is more than enough. Too many platforms = Ubisoft type garbage.

Bealdor
18-05-2015, 17:01
Thank god they shelved it. 3 platforms is more than enough. Too many platforms = Ubisoft type garbage.

Nobody said that they shelved the WiiU version afaik.

Darth Praxis
18-05-2015, 18:23
Tbh I dont blame them for stopping with the Wii U version I doubt many 4 year olds would enjoy this game

Well you would know what that demographic would want! ;)

Seriously, that is as intelligent a response as you could muster? I weep for the youth! :)

You aren't entirely wrong that Slightly Mad has had their plate quite full, but again as Bealdor correctly states below....

Nobody said that they shelved the WiiU version afaik.

What I have been stating above with regards to Slightly Mad and the Wii U version is that they stated they had put development for the Wii U version on hold until the PC, PS4 and XB1 versions were released. I didn't imply that they had cancelled it other than the total lack of ANY information about this version over the past year. I also completely disagree with this decision and have been doing my upmost to address my concerns with attempts to inform Slightly Mad that by shutting the entire Wii U community out has done far more harm then being honest and forthright would have done!

And I also feel that if handled properly and concerns about technical hurdles are heard and addressed the Wii U version could be an absolutely amazing version of this game.

Just to clarify, I own an Xbox 1, have an overclocked PC and Wii U and the version of Project CARS I am most excited to play is STILL the Wii U version! Not from a standpoint of having the best graphics (which I would use my PC or XB1 for), but from a standpoint of innovative game control perspective. Besides being able to play the game off-screen via the gamepad!

To better illustrate how unique the Gamepad is I am also a Destiny fanatic and I have spoken with many in that online community who do not own a Wii U but all generally agree that even if a Wii U version of that title were to have inferior resolution and effects compared with PS4/XB1 versions they would still find utilization of the Gamepad to be absolutely invaluable in streamlining the gameplay to what we believe would be the definitive version of Destiny!

Robbo-92
18-05-2015, 19:09
Hello everyone :)

I'm in a very similar situation to Darth (minus the neat looking steering column of course!) and over the course of his thread he has made some fantastic points about the lack of imformation regarding the Wii U version of Project CARS, I'd just like to say that I agree with everything Darth has been saying in this thread. Like Darth I could go and buy it on PS4 but ever since it was announced for Wii U I have been intent on buying it for my preferred console (the Wii U) because I want to see third parties succeed on the format but I have to say the lack of information, is slightly worrying to say the least as is SMS's unwillingness to even answer any questions from the community regarding the Wii U version.

I've tried to contact them a few times regarding various issues, such as will the Wii U get a limited edition version? Unfortunately I recieved no answer which is understandable as they are a relatively small developer but still slightly disappointing.

I simply cannot wait for Project CARS to release on the Wii U and I really hope we (the Wii U community) can get some information regarding our preferred version whether it be official screenshots, or if we are lucky a video of the game running :)

Wolfe
18-05-2015, 19:28
I think it's kind of amusing how many people have been asking about second screen mobile app support on PS4/XBone, like the ones you can use on PC, unwittingly justifying the value of the Wii U GamePad's much-maligned touchscreen gimmick. There are real benefits for a game like this, and off-TV play can be a big deal depending on your living situation.

Robbo-92
18-05-2015, 19:41
I think it's kind of amusing how many people have been asking about second screen mobile app support on PS4/XBone, like the ones you can use on PC, unwittingly justifying the value of the Wii U GamePad's much-maligned touchscreen gimmick. There are real benefits for a game like this, and off-TV play can be a big deal depending on your living situation.

What kind of apps? Maybe that's the kind of support SMS are working on for the Wii U version and are waiting till it's complete to show us footage :)

Francorchamps
18-05-2015, 19:41
Well I can understand that they don't want to show you images or information about the game so close to the launch of the other versions. If people mistakenly take the Wii U screenshots for screenshots of the game they were intended to buy for their platform they might reconsider buying the game because it would not look like any of the promo material that was used for the PC/PS4/X1 versions

Robbo-92
18-05-2015, 19:51
Well I can understand that they don't want to show you images or information about the game so close to the launch of the other versions. If people mistakenly take the Wii U screenshots for screenshots of the game they were intended to buy for their platform they might reconsider buying the game because it would not look like any of the promo material that was used for the PC/PS4/X1 versions

I kind of understand where you are coming from, the Wii U version (while I still believe it'll look great, one of the developers seemed very happy with the console in an interview a while back) will most likely be the worst looking version. SMS could release some images with a large Wii U watermark in the corner clearly saying that the image/footage is from the Wii U version and not the PC/PS4/Xbox One version clearly separating them from the other versions so there should be no confusion.

Wolfe
18-05-2015, 19:54
There could be some truth to that, Francorchamps, like how Microsoft basically swept the Xbox 360 version of Forza Horizon 2 under the rug. On the other hand, there's YouTube footage of the PC version on a variety of graphics settings -- even some videos that try to "simulate" what the Wii U version could look like (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wpx02cD3J8) -- but that's WMD stuff, not "official" if you define it as coming straight from SMS.

What kind of apps? Maybe that's the kind of support SMS are working on for the Wii U version and are waiting till it's complete to show us footage :)
From what I understand, the apps were developed by WMD members, not SMS themselves.

Robbo-92
18-05-2015, 20:05
There's another video of an R8 doing a lap round the Nürburgring which was in similar vein, looked rather impressive :)

Edit, thought I would link another couple of videos showing simulated Wii U graphics :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fj7RQt5VhQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKxWtXrWYU

Kalidor69
19-05-2015, 19:55
The second video is very nice

Robbo-92
19-05-2015, 20:53
The second video is very nice

I get the feeling the second video could be the maximum the Wii U could achieve, which wouldn't be bad as the second video actually looks very nice graphically. The sounds as well!

Kalidor69
22-05-2015, 16:20
http://fr.zavvi.com/jeux-wii-u/project-cars-inludes-pre-order-exclusive-dlc/10975968.html

Includes Pre-order Exclusive ?

Robbo-92
22-05-2015, 21:00
http://fr.zavvi.com/jeux-wii-u/project-cars-inludes-pre-order-exclusive-dlc/10975968.html

Includes Pre-order Exclusive ?

Most likely just the modified car pack, which is sent with all pre orders I believe :)

Wolfe
23-05-2015, 10:36
As optimistic as I am about the game on this platform, I have to admit I'll be a bit surprised if we get the same DLC support as everyone else. At the very least, I hope there will be a way to acquire the Limited Edition cars in North America.

Robbo-92
23-05-2015, 10:57
As optimistic as I am about the game on this platform, I have to admit I'll be a bit surprised if we get the same DLC support as everyone else. At the very least, I hope there will be a way to acquire the Limited Edition cars in North America.

I sent them an email just over a month ago asking when the limited edition would be available for pre order but never received a reply back. Would be unfair if the Wii U owners got the game late (most likely looking at nearer Christmas now as we still haven't heard anything about it) with no DLC, they'd have done the hard work of getting the game onto Wii U so DLC should be easier to implement. Also I think I'll start to feel a combination of annoyance and disappointment if after the first patch lands on PS4/Xbox One Wii U owners still don't get a much needed update on the version we are all so eagerly wanting!

UMadBro
02-06-2015, 10:06
I'm awaiting news on P. Cars for Wii U. I'm curious what the Gamepad's usage will be like?

Robbo-92
02-06-2015, 10:16
I think at this stage we are waiting for E3 to come and go, SMS are waiting for E3 to see if there will be a hardware announcement or not, however looking at various articles I'd say it's 99.9% unlikely that we will see a new piece of hardware as Nintendo have said E3 2015 will be all about the games but I guess in the games industry anything is possible (even if very unlikely). From what Ian has said once E3 is done and dusted they will give Project CARS on Wii U a big push, at least that's how I read his messages, I could be completly wrong of course :) hopefully they will update the Wii u fans again once E3 is over on the future of the Wii U version.

UMadBro
02-06-2015, 10:19
Snip'd

I think Ian Bell wrecked some nerves before the gamers' wraith began. I have a gut feeling about something but I don't quite know yet... :suspicion:

Previously... on Project Cars Forums...