PDA

View Full Version : Liveries - Am I the only one who really doesn't care about them ?

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 19:17
Just curious. All I'm after is that authentic driving experience, and I certainly get that from Project cars, but the in-game colour and external appearance of the car is something that's of no interest whatsoever to me.

Surely I'm not the only one ? :rolleyes:

Olijke Poffer
10-05-2015, 19:40
Same for me. Nice to have good looking cars but the kind of livery I don't care.

Chokapic
10-05-2015, 20:14
Well, when you play with the same guys over and over, maybe you want a car that has the same color eveytime, so people can recognize you without looking at your gamertag!

o Mike V o
10-05-2015, 20:26
The livery editor is one of my favorite things about the Forza series. Not having one in Pcars is definitely a let down for me but its no deal breaker. It's the racing I care more about these days, and this game looks like everything I've asked for on that front..

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 20:27
Well, when you play with the same guys over and over, maybe you want a car that has the same color eveytime, so people can recognize you without looking at your gamertag!

Thanks for that. As I haven't really played online since the days of Gears of War, I didn't think about that. I'm sure I'll be enjoying multiplayer on Pcars though !

Olijke Poffer
10-05-2015, 20:57

Good point.

mDaro
10-05-2015, 21:04
I don't care about the liveries. One thing I can't stand in Forza is racing against fantasy paint jobs. It ruins the immersion level for me. I want to see real life race liveries when I am on the track.

Headdogg81
10-05-2015, 22:54
^ Can agree with that. I don't mind racing liveries. Its when I see spongebob cars or something else just as ridiculous that it annoyed me. I did enjoy the livery editor on the forza series but as others have stated the racing is more important.

mha1012
11-05-2015, 00:13
Sometimes with a replay i think...'wow, i'm driving a cool car'...but never pay attention other than that.

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 01:12
I like my own custom liveries, mostly because I prefer representing a race team and having a team car colors works well for me but no liveries isnt a deal breaker

surferofthemind
11-05-2015, 06:00
It is motorsport and a livery featuring your team and sponsors is an important part.

Coming from Forza and spending countless hours painting race liveries (either replica or original but none of the fantasy stuff) it was sad not to see an editor on the console version. But with all the liveries available out of the box it is nice to be able to slap on a livery and get on with racing. From someone who hates to race a naked car the in-game liveries make it a winner.

I never drive 3rd person so never see my own livery while racing but to see custom liveries on your mates cars you are racing with just adds to the realism. Plus it is always cool to see one of your own designs passing by on someone else's car, spotted in a replay video or featured in someones race photo. I do hope they can add an editor later on but until then I can work on my driving.

Mrbrown33
11-05-2015, 08:13
I like my own custom liveries, mostly because I prefer representing a race team and having a team car colors works well for me but no liveries isnt a deal breaker

Totaly agree with this. On any game its nice to have a personal touch.

X30 Nemec666
11-05-2015, 08:17
But what i like the most is no fantasy and flower Paintings in this game...if people can do there own liveries here like in forza then you have the lobby full with manga, comic and flower livieres. That destroy every race feeling for me.

Initia1 B
11-05-2015, 19:52
I don't care about the liveries. One thing I can't stand in Forza is racing against fantasy paint jobs. It ruins the immersion level for me. I want to see real life race liveries when I am on the track.

Errrr... old the phone, im pretty sure this game is choc full of 'made up' liveries. Then to add insult to injury their covered in fantasy sponsor decals. Im pretty sure that if total immersion is your thing you'd soon be downloading some quality replica paints created with the vinyl editor we dont have.

Neil Bateman
11-05-2015, 19:59
I have always painted my own liveries on rfactor GTR2 etc... for any league i ran in, i am not bothered about liveries for open servers online but would like the option in the future in league racing for everyone to have their own liveries and for all drivers to be able to see them all.

Right now if i added my own livery to the custom car only i would see it.

Don Ente
11-05-2015, 20:20
It's definitely not so cut-and-dried. Several real-world race teams - Flying Lizard and ProSpeed Competition in particular - use liveries that many would say are "fantasy, not suitable for racing." ( ProSpeed Competition images (http://www.google.com/search?q=le+mans+prospeed+competition&tbm=isch) )

I agree with those folks who mention wanting to be recognized, without having to read the gamer-tag. I was never big into the Forza editor, but I tried to always put the same, simple "race-style" livery on all my cars just so people would know it was me.

gizziegod
11-05-2015, 23:40
i would be happy to put my number on the car, even if it was on the liveries already there

Headdogg81
12-05-2015, 00:11
Errrr... old the phone, im pretty sure this game is choc full of 'made up' liveries. Then to add insult to injury their covered in fantasy sponsor decals. Im pretty sure that if total immersion is your thing you'd soon be downloading some quality replica paints created with the vinyl editor we dont have.

I think he was referring to paints with fantasy themes on it. Eg Anime or Cartoon characters on it. I think a "made up" livery is ok as its at least a race style and something you would expect to see on the track.

Tillj
12-05-2015, 11:25
When in multiplayer, you can choose livery, go to garage, and select car from there you can select the livery there.

Mayby4
12-05-2015, 12:22
Allrighty, so this will likely put me at odds with most of you from the get go.

But I love livery's, they can make or break a car.

The cars that I'm into, having style and standing out is all apart of the fun, no one wants to own a car that looks like crap.

These are some examples of some out there livery's.

But right from the time I was a kid, they could make or break a car, take the supra for example.

Now while I love racing hard in this game, it lacks the personality for me that forza had.

FA RACING 01
12-05-2015, 12:52

Oh common mate. I agree with SpongeBob belonging to cartoonist and not racing, but can you deny that having a Supermodel like ie. Adriana Lima staring at you almost naked on the car in front of you from cockpit view wont just spur you on to overtake. LOL

Initia1 B
17-05-2015, 21:06
I think he was referring to paints with fantasy themes on it. Eg Anime or Cartoon characters on it. I think a "made up" livery is ok as its at least a race style and something you would expect to see on the track.

Oh yeah for sure, nothing worse that some My little Pony tripe adorning the sides of an awesome GT racer, jeez they look sÁ!t!!!

Neil Bateman
17-05-2015, 21:17

If your in a league racing in a particular team that has a specific livery then that goes without saying.

If your racing offline or in open servers online who here picks the same livery everytime, when racing online i just pick whatever livery that takes my fancy.