PDA

View Full Version : Thanks WMD

Carlosoul
10-05-2015, 20:26
What a great game, amazing graphics and the replays are as good as playing, the change in weather and night racing and I how it is possible to add 4 weather slots in a race whilst having real time/current time in races.
Just a great game and I am happy to wait until the new patches are released to iron out the various bugs which are inevitable in such a complex simulation.

Sometimes our expectations and excitement are so high that when we get a game which we want to play so much the bugs and controller settings can be infuriating, our frustrations and need to be a bit more patient can turn to anger and complaints... Really all we want to do is play a great game, quickly.

See you on track all.

Albezar
10-05-2015, 20:39
Hehe! Very nice racing game indeed have to agree, but very buggy. Well these days it's a common trend from the developers to publish a game with a bunch of bugs. It seems to be very rare to have a game out without bugs, lack of content and the endless promises of the improvements to be released as the time goes by... and sadly some of the promised updates or patches never will be released (NHL15). Game companies develop a game that is unfinished and unpolished, and then takes "sponsorship" money from the end users and keep on working on the game after the release. Has it always been like this? I don't recall. :eek:

jgaganas
10-05-2015, 20:42
Agreed/Thanks!

With some patches/pat(ch)ience this will turn out big.

Scouseknight
10-05-2015, 21:50
If the sound glitches and frame-rate issues can be fixed this is on course to be something a bit special.

PaulxB
10-05-2015, 22:30
I have been enjoying playing the game to a certain degree but the screen tearing and fluctuating frame rate/slow down with only 16 cars on the track and no weather effects is kind of spoiling it. I'm not sure how much of these performance issues can be rectified via a patch.

Phishfinger
10-05-2015, 23:25
I joined up to say pretty much the same thing, what a game this is! I'm having the Xbox controller issues but I don't find them to be "game breaking", a term that is probably being thrown around too much here. I've found that certain cars like the Formula Gulf and '78 or '72 Lotus can be driven without any real problems and the same goes for many of the prototypes I've tried so far.

The road cars have been most difficult to handle for me but there's so much to get on with while they're patching it up that I don't see this as anything but a minor inconvenience for now. To be honest the number of tracks is almost overwhelming, I want to race them all but once I load a new one I find that I don't want to stop putting in laps... then I notice a few hours have gone by ;)

One really nice surprise has been that a few of the cars I thought sounded a bit "boring" before release have turned out to be some of the most fun to drive. There's just something about them that feels more alive than the versions in other games. Where Forza had a load of cars that felt the same, the cars in this game all feel genuinely different and require different driving styles to get the most out of them.

I imagine the release of this game has been a bit like climbing a mountain for the developers, they made the long slog up the cliff face only to get over it and realise the summit is still some ways in the distance. What I would say to them is look down at how far you've come, you can be extremely proud but use that as fuel to keep going. This is already the best/most ambitious racing game I've ever played but with the required fixes it will simply be untouchable, at least on the consoles anyway.

That's the only cheesy analogy I have for you right now, I have to get back to Monza where there's a Sauber warming up for me.

Scouseknight
10-05-2015, 23:26
I have been enjoying playing the game to a certain degree but the screen tearing and fluctuating frame rate/slow down with only 16 cars on the track and no weather effects is kind of spoiling it. I'm not sure how much of these performance issues can be rectified via a patch.

It is a great shame as I haven't had this much fun with impossibly-handing cars without the assists on since Grand Prix Legends!

mha1012
10-05-2015, 23:44
Can't say except for PC version but no sim gives me the sense of speed as PCars.

Neil Bateman
11-05-2015, 00:21
Its so nice to hear these sort of comments from people who know given some that this will be one of the very best racing games.

All of us at WMD and SMS appreciate the fact that there are issues that need fixing and in the 3-4 years i have been lucky enough to play PC i know the devs will get things sorted.

I cant remember the last game i bought a racing game that didn't need patching a few times, it seems most people realise this and can accept it and wait for the improvements and some cant.

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 00:53
If the sound glitches and frame-rate issues can be fixed this is on course to be something a bit special.
You can feel confident that Ian's got his best guys on these issues. WMD knows how good they are, you guys just hang in there.

Xfactor68
11-05-2015, 01:30
I see there is a new version of Project CARS in which game size is now 18.5GB.. I have game preordered on my XB1 here in the states and the preordered version shows 18.1GB. Will the new patches auto-update upon game going live on Tues Morn at 00:01... Or will I have to somehow ask game to update, or even, should I delete my copy now and reinstall before Tues morn play?

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 01:48
I think 18.5gb is th correct size for the game plus the patch

You should try power cycling your xb1 to get it to recognize it needs the patch

Phishfinger
11-05-2015, 19:41
It is a great shame as I haven't had this much fun with impossibly-handing cars without the assists on since Grand Prix Legends!

Same here but my first love was Nigel Mansell Championship Racing on the gameboy

http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/c/4/gfs_38673_2_1.jpg

It really blows my mind how far games have come since I was a kid, P-Cars is what I used to dream that a racing game would one day be like, and now it's become reality :love-struck: