PDA

View Full Version : AI Query

MRM3RL1N
10-05-2015, 21:14
Hi everyone, i am currently racing on the 90% driver AI with a cheap thrustmaster wheel (no FFB) and i have found that when initially starting off from the grid the AI seem a little slow, simply put i seem to be able to launch better than the whole pack as they stutter to make a good start, is this down to an AI issue? because although i am a competent racer/driver i am about 6 seconds off the quickest time trial paces being set.

Another issue i seem to be having is that although the lines they take are beautiful and their overtaking is very clean too, when i go to pass an opponent they don't give up the racing line even when they have lost it, for example if you are slightly ahead and beat them on the braking they will not let off and will continue to try and take the same line as if you were not there, which in a normal car is annoying because it means you have ran them off the road but in a formula racer it generally means either you spin out and crash or you lose a wheel or two.

Has anyone else had similar issues?:confused:

MRM3RL1N
11-05-2015, 08:56
just to bump the thread, has anyone else noticed this yet?

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 09:07
Have noticed them not giving up a line say if you brake later into the corner they seem to then just turn in on you. Though at least its not like forza were they only seem to be there to ram you off the track. AI cars do seem to bog down from the start.

jonnotheone
11-05-2015, 09:19
Yeh iv noticed this there like Scalextric racers I thought they were just utter stupid I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this..

cliffter88
11-05-2015, 09:27
I find of the grid they all slam their brakes on. I can literally start at the back of the grid and drive down the right hand side and gain a good 10 places!

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 09:30
I find of the grid they all slam their brakes on. I can literally start at the back of the grid and drive down the right hand side and gain a good 10 places!

Yeah i get this too, there always seems to be 1 AI driver who backs everyone up from the start so you can slam down either side.

Plato99
11-05-2015, 09:56
Have noticed them not giving up a line say if you brake later into the corner they seem to then just turn in on you.........

Being a fan of the BTCC, I can honestly say this aspect of the game is incredibly authentic :)
If only we had red and white Honda Civics in PCars......... :)

MRM3RL1N
11-05-2015, 09:59
Being a fan of the BTCC, I can honestly say this aspect of the game is incredibly authentic :)
If only we had red and white Honda Civics in PCars......... :)

True to a certain extent, but there is being stubborn then being silly... it just seems that the AI aren't overly aggressive but for the most part seem oblivious to the user controlled car, i have noticed that they don't do it to each other

jonnotheone
14-05-2015, 07:17
Iv also noticed when lapping the AI they wont get out the way blue flags must be shown to em but they still refuse to move and when you do find a way passed they bloody defend or go all silly and hit you...