PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel Force feedback settings - can WMD\Slightly Mad do this?

craste
10-05-2015, 21:20
For each steering wheel (Thrustmaster\fanatic) can you not have a good basic ffb setting which has been voted by\tested by your users which can be a default setting?

That way then it will save us loads of time messing around in menus instead of racing!

Surely every Thrustmaster t300rs will fee the same on each ps4 with the same settings on the basis that they both have the latest firmware\updates applied?

Why this wasn't done originally is beyond me!

So get your most experienced sim racers\racing drivers to have a few cars each to sort out a really good ffb setting, and then allow us to download and apply it as an optional setting please!

You could have a top 3 steering wheel settings for each car perhaps or a voting system for them on here?

Sort it!

MysterG
10-05-2015, 21:29
For each steering wheel (Thrustmaster\fanatic) can you not have a good basic ffb setting which has been voted by\tested by your users which can be a default setting?

That way then it will save us loads of time messing around in menus instead of racing!

Surely every Thrustmaster t300rs will fee the same on each ps4 with the same settings on the basis that they both have the latest firmware\updates applied?

Why this wasn't done originally is beyond me!

So get your most experienced sim racers\racing drivers to have a few cars each to sort out a really good ffb setting, and then allow us to download and apply it as an optional setting please!

You could have a top 3 steering wheel settings for each car perhaps or a voting system for them on here?

Sort it!

FFB should feel the same given the same hardware and software, unfortunately everyone loves different things.
What is good for one person does not necessarily feel good for another, the individuals are the problem here. Witness the fact some people don't like the setting it shipped with, when those were chosen to be okay for all.

No reason that now people should not have a play with settings and post theirs for others to try.

Before release this was not possible as the WMD community did not have access to console builds.

craste
10-05-2015, 21:37
FFB should feel the same given the same hardware and software, unfortunately everyone loves different things.
What is good for one person does not necessarily feel good for another, the individuals are the problem here. Witness the fact some people don't like the setting it shipped with, when those were chosen to be okay for all.

No reason that now people should not have a play with settings and post theirs for others to try.

Before release this was not possible as the WMD community did not have access to console builds.

Fair enough but on ps4 with a t300rs you do not feel the curbs or anything on the standard settings which is wrong.

If I was releasing a game I would of had every car tested and a good basic set up as standard for each of the most popular wheels supported!

That's why the forums are ablaze with annoyed people!

Titzon Toast
11-05-2015, 07:44
That's a great idea OP.

HF_lar-e
12-05-2015, 07:23
Fair enough but on ps4 with a t300rs you do not feel the curbs or anything on the standard settings which is wrong.

If I was releasing a game I would of had every car tested and a good basic set up as standard for each of the most popular wheels supported!

Agree, especially considering the T300RS is the "official" wheel.

HeeseyChelmet
12-05-2015, 07:30

Although I'm not a test analyst for WMD/ SM I am a UAT software analyst and believe you me, you can't test every single thing on a limited budget. It is best to get the mean and then allow user preference take over and work on patches from the feedback. I'd say, be patient and things will happen. Always be constructive in your feedback too, it'll be received with greater appreciation

Xhaler
12-05-2015, 09:07
Hi there! :-)

Just registered on the PCars forum after playing it on my PS4 for about a week. I only have one word; AWESOME!! But after some driving I found out that I had to change the default FFBsettings for my T300GTE. Searched for some setup tips and tricks and found this great Youtube clip from Inside Simracing which gave me a whole new driving experience after changing to the recommended settings here. Its a great basis and starting point for your own settings to start with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY&feature=youtu.be