PDA

View Full Version : How many NA XB1 owners are still getting the game Tuesday?

Sir Green Day
10-05-2015, 21:25
I still can't decide.

I just want to get an idea of what everyone is thinking.

Are you taking the chance and hoping for a permanent fix to all the controller etc issues?

BrotherRogue
10-05-2015, 21:48
In fairness, there are two ways to look at it

you can

A. Buy the game knowing you wont be able to control it unless you have or buy a wheel with it, knowing you wont be able to feel comfortable driving at least untill the patch is rolled out. However you can learn the tracks at least the braking points this way when the controls are fixed you'll be flying....

The only problem I see with option A is that you may pick up some bad habits and/or learn how to drive the car so well with the current flawed system and are then unable to drive it again when its fixed, so regardless the practice will only be for learning the tracks, which I got bored of quite quickly.

or

B. Have some will power, dont buy the game until all the issues are fixed (which could take months if not longer) by which point other games may or may not be a better option for you.... do you want an easy to play arcadish game, then wait for Forza, do you want a real feeling simulator with all the trills spills joys and heartaches racing has to offer ? then go for PCars

In its current state its only really worth buying right now right this instant on PC and PS

just two cents.

OneBadHuskerFan
10-05-2015, 21:51
I had it pre-ordered since the first day it was available but I'll admit that if I hadn't done so I'd be holding off at this point, for a while at least, to see how the devs actually respond to all the problems.

With that said, I'll boot it up on Tuesday and see how it goes. If I have all the problems come up that everybody is reporting then I'll hold off on playing for a while. That's what I get for being overly excited about the game and maybe setting my expectations too high.

nissan4ever
11-05-2015, 01:47
I'm getting it. I already have it pre-downloaded on my Xbox One. Just waiting on 12:01 am est Tuesday early morning.

Righteous
11-05-2015, 01:57
I am taking the chance with XB1:)

fitz the viking
11-05-2015, 02:00
i though about it on xb1, then saw it was half the price on pc.

RNunez_187
11-05-2015, 02:01
I have it pre-ordered so I'll still be getting it and I have a Thrustmaster TX so I won't have to worry about the controller issue. I'm a little upset that digital buyers are getting the Limited Edition cars though and I'm not because I bought the disc through Gamestop.

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 02:11
I have it pre-ordered so I'll still be getting it and I have a Thrustmaster TX so I won't have to worry about the controller issue. I'm a little upset that digital buyers are getting the Limited Edition cars though and I'm not because I bought the disc through Gamestop.

No offense, but I really don't understand why anyone would still buy a disc. There's no up side, unless you're getting a collectors edition, and there again, I would never buy one of those.

Its much easier to just press a button on your XB1, preload the game, and play it at 12:00a on release day.

Since the day the XB1 and PS4 came out, I haven't stepped foot in a GameStop.

I've got over 30 games loaded on my Xbox and 25 on My PS4.

But, to each his own. Its all good.

RNunez_187
11-05-2015, 02:13
No offense taken. Had some giftcards left over from Christmas so the game cost me $0. Only reason I got the disc

Marcel Walker
11-05-2015, 02:24
Because if you have a disc and you don't like it at least you can take it back to the shop or sell it. Down load it and you are stuck with it.

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 02:32
No offense taken. Had some giftcards left over from Christmas so the game cost me $0. Only reason I got the disc

Well in that case I would have done the same thing! Lol

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 02:34
Also, some people just like having a physical disc (call it tradition or 'old fashioned' :p) or they want the limited edition.

Others also don't have significant download bandwidth or small data caps, so a physical copy is far easier. We're not all blessed with good broadband ;)

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 02:34
Because if you have a disc and you don't like it at least you can take it back to the shop or sell it. Down load it and you are stuck with it.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

Take it back and get maybe $5.

That's just a senseless decision. Sorry.

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 02:38
Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

Not that I've been to a store for a while, but generally in Aus stores like EB games do give a 7 day return policy, so yes it can make sense depending on the retailer.

Of course I think that also depends on online activation - if you've activated it you might be out of luck.

troyshaun
11-05-2015, 02:44
JB Hi Fi - will NOT let you return it.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this in NA, especially if you are concerned about a few dollars, so if you are thinking about getting it on XBOX ONE, don't, wait some time until the fix is confirmed and probably save a few dollars that way.

Alternatively, you could pay $250 dollars for it and get a wheel, or get it on steam for cheap.

blacknred81
11-05-2015, 02:48
Also, some people just like having a physical disc (call it tradition or 'old fashioned' :p) or they want the limited edition. I find staring at a wall of games better that looking at them on a TV screen.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 03:42
you all could of had it last wednesday on the pcmr in na!

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

new games trade wayyyyy more than that bud...pcars would at least trade for $25-$35 depending on where shortly after release

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 03:52
you all could of had it last wednesday on the pcmr in na!

new games trade wayyyyy more than that bud...pcars would at least trade for $25-$35 depending on where shortly after release

Oh. OK.

Why "Bud"? Is that supposed to intimidate me? Lol

You're right.

Paying $63 and getting $30 in return is a real smart financial transaction. 50 cents on the dollar makes perfect sense.

Maybe if you kids paid for your games yourself, then you would see the ignorance of your argument.

Anyway. This is way off topic. So enough said.

Charles Gillen
11-05-2015, 04:24
Ordered from Game Stop 9 months ago...Also have the digital game waiting on my Xbox. I dont fully trust the digital download.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 05:53
Oh. OK.

Why "Bud"? Is that supposed to intimidate me? Lol

You're right.

Paying $63 and getting $30 in return is a real smart financial transaction. 50 cents on the dollar makes perfect sense.

Maybe if you kids paid for your games yourself, then you would see the ignorance of your argument.

Anyway. This is way off topic. So enough said.

you that butthurt over $20-30??? i mean come on...20-30 of entertainment at the end if you do trade is pretty damn cheap... you should try taking a chill pill, you get worked up over nothing

Ch1ps N Queso
11-05-2015, 06:03

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 06:08
you that butthurt over $20-30??? i mean come on...20-30 of entertainment at the end if you do trade is pretty damn cheap... you should try taking a chill pill, you get worked up over nothing

No need to insult each other. Goes for everyone.