PDA

View Full Version : Player Pit stops

Dman
10-05-2015, 21:42
Great immersive game but is slightly taken away with automatic pit stops, by all means they should be in the game for people who want it but pit stops are a very important part of racing e.g stopping the car in time for pit speed limits, not speeding in the pit, hitting your marks in pit box ( usually front jack operators shins XD ) to get a quick pit stop and being released into pit traffic via stop/go boards. There could even be touches like random mechanic mishaps where a wheel gun jams and it takes a little longer while you curse until your helmet visor steams up or turns blue which ever first really.

thomarse
10-05-2015, 21:43
I had a mechanic drop the wheel nut 3 times in the pit stop so it is fairly realistic there.

Dman
10-05-2015, 22:10
I had a mechanic drop the wheel nut 3 times in the pit stop so it is fairly realistic there.

Just out of curiosity did your visor steam with all the swearing you were doing in the car? :D This could be valuable info for SMS to add further realism if they put it in :D

Siddo
10-05-2015, 22:37

Had this too but only the once, didnt even know this existed so it was a nice surprise and nice feature!

Martin03
10-05-2015, 22:39
My mechanic broke my clutch in my pit stop, I wanted to run him over then, but damn those ghost mechanincs that I cant see :(

GenBrien
11-05-2015, 00:29
but damn those ghost mechanincs that I cant see :(
they are going to be add in a patch at a later date.
they are working on it

Pattynufc
11-05-2015, 00:43
What game mode are you making pit stops in? I've been playing career and have never been called in for a stop yet. Sorry if it sounds a daft question

thomarse
11-05-2015, 09:31
What game mode are you making pit stops in? I've been playing career and have never been called in for a stop yet. Sorry if it sounds a daft question

The sprint races dont have one, but the other races do? the ones like 5/7 laps long as standard,...

cliffter88
11-05-2015, 10:08
Clio touring cars has pit stops and I've had wheel nuts lost and delayed me by another 10 secs or so!

Pattynufc
11-05-2015, 13:03
The sprint races dont have one, but the other races do? the ones like 5/7 laps long as standard,...

I'm in season 2 now with superkarts and GT and my race percentage is 52%. Usually 4-8 laps, no pit stops.
Can you make them necessary in race weekend?