PDA

View Full Version : Instant On Resume Game Crashes / Loses Progress

gazza14
10-05-2015, 21:48
Hi,

I have my Xbox One set to Instant On and I have experienced it twice where I have played the game, turned the console off, turned the console back on, resumed the game, set a career session to load whereby the load never completes and I have to force quit the game via the dashboard and start it again. On one of the occasions I lost my career progress (multiple sessions) and had to redo events I had already completed.
Has anyone else had this problem?
It may be worth noting that I have the game installed to an external hard drive though I have not had a problem like this in any other game.
Loving the game otherwise.

Thanks

Summary of steps:
1. Start console and ensure instant on is set to on.
2. Start game and play some career.
3. Return to dashboard whilst game on main menu and use Xbox button to turn console off.
4. Turn console on and resume game (it will go straight to game main menu).
5. Continue career loading the next session.
6. Game will sit displaying loading screen with tip text changing and loading indicator moving but never completes.

mkstatto
11-05-2015, 18:41
So finished my session of pcars yesterday evening and then moved onto the tv, disconnected the controller (TX) and have come back today after work, but the xbox on and tried to resume playing where i left off. The game works, connects the controller fine and gets stuck on the track loading screen. The only option is to come out of the game and exit and boot it up again. Hardly a game breaker, but annoying and something which an Xbox one game should be able to do.

gazza14
11-05-2015, 19:17
I've had similar problems, posted here about it.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23469-Instant-On-Resume-Game-Crashes-Loses-Progress

Elmo
11-05-2015, 19:39
Merged you guys threads together. Will add it to our "to check" list.

HEF51
11-05-2015, 19:43
Honestly its not just pCARS that suffers from Instant-On mode. Many games run into problems with this mode and really causes nothing but trouble. The best option would be to use the standard Energy-Saving mode. That is the best fix.

onimoD
13-05-2015, 19:41
Honestly its not just pCARS that suffers from Instant-On mode. Many games run into problems with this mode and really causes nothing but trouble. The best option would be to use the standard Energy-Saving mode. That is the best fix.

Thanks for the tip HEF51. fired up the xBone this evening to find it already at the Race Central menu but Community Events and Time Trial were locked out. I came out of the game, changed the xBone Power on settings to Energy Saving and rebooted. Hey-presto, Community Events and Time Trial unlocked!

Apoc112
13-05-2015, 19:46
Thanks for the tip HEF51. fired up the xBone this evening to find it already at the Race Central menu but Community Events and Time Trial were locked out. I came out of the game, changed the xBone Power on settings to Energy Saving and rebooted. Hey-presto, Community Events and Time Trial unlocked!

No need to change to energy saving mode or reboot... from the dashboard, just hit the menu/start button and Quit the game, then re-launch.

onimoD
14-05-2015, 11:57
No need to change to energy saving mode or reboot... from the dashboard, just hit the menu/start button and Quit the game, then re-launch.

Thanks Apoc112, my thinking was that by switching to Energy Saving I won't get this problem again and, as HEF51 implies, will avoid certain 'instant-on' related problems in other games.

mkstatto
19-05-2015, 18:45
Can we get this issue fixed in the next patch please as its bugging the hell out of me. (pardon the pun)

tclancey
11-06-2015, 09:20
Instant on causes problems with every game I've ever bought. Changing to Power saving, (or Off if you're old fashioned!) doesn't solve my issues, my point is wanting to run practice one day and the race the next. This problem would be solved instantly with the ability to 'Save' the game after any session, so it can be picked up at a later time.