PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster 458 Italia Spider for Xbox One Resources

ItchyBear
10-05-2015, 21:56
Wondered if anyone with the Thrustmaster 458 Italia Spider (non-force feedback model), could share their settings please?

Personally I've only just taken delivery of mine & am not sure about the best way to configure it in pCARS.

I like a narrower lock-to-lock motion and have achieved this by calibrating the wheel with a 35 degree rotation and 180 degree counter rotation, but then it's into deadzones and sensitivity, which feel to my novice hands as if they interpret differently than when using a Xbox One controller.

Any help, tips, advice or settings would be much appreciated :)

What a game it is when you plug in a wheel!

MRM3RL1N
10-05-2015, 22:09
Hey ItchyBear,
I too have the same wheel as you and initially had some deadzone issues, so i have set the deadzone to 10 and the sensitivity to 35, also the wheel is fully calibrated and the wheel sensitivity is on the first light, hope this helps

Nickname85
10-05-2015, 22:14
I have the same wheel. I really like it, its my first experience using a gaming wheel!

I did not change any settings. I only set the sensitivity of the wheel to 1. The wheel has 4 preset sensitivities, that you can change by pressins lb,rb and y,b at the same time (or something like that) The light next to the xbox button flashes 1,2,3 or 4 time. 1= sensitive, 4=not sensitive at all.

Nosnow
13-05-2015, 02:00
Just got the spider wheel. Works fine on forza but steering and pedals do nothing on project cars. Anyone else have this problem?

thisisbleep
13-05-2015, 02:32
Just got the spider wheel. Works fine on forza but steering and pedals do nothing on project cars. Anyone else have this problem?

Have you gone into the settings and changed the controller to the correct wheel?

Dynomight Motorsports
13-05-2015, 03:09
The four lights on the Thrustmaster represent your DOR (degree of rotation) 1 blink 270' 2 blinks 360' 3 blinks 720' 4 blinks 900'

Nosnow
13-05-2015, 10:04
Have you gone into the settings and changed the controller to the correct wheel?

Yes, it was detected automatically.

Thunder143
13-05-2015, 10:30
Hey guys I was thinking about buying this wheel and I just had a question about the attach. What would be the maximum thickness of a table you can attach it on?

Thanks!

elmcity03431
14-05-2015, 13:09
I have this wheel too and Im guessing it's impossible to assign buttons to look around?

MoneyMan300
14-05-2015, 15:23
The four lights on the Thrustmaster represent your DOR (degree of rotation) 1 blink 270' 2 blinks 360' 3 blinks 720' 4 blinks 900'

The 458 Spider wheel only has one DOR setting....240. It has 4 sensitivity settings with with 1 the highest and 4 the lowest. You can set it by using both paddles, Y and B all at the same time.

TriggrPullrUSMC
14-05-2015, 20:08
The 458 Spider wheel only has one DOR setting....240. It has 4 sensitivity settings with with 1 the highest and 4 the lowest. You can set it by using both paddles, Y and B all at the same time.

When I got mine when Xboxone first came out you had to set it up using your PC before you could use it and I am 100% positive that it got set to 900 DoR. Not sure if it is different for newer versions but at least the first tranche of wheels have the ability to go to 900. I just confirmed that by searching for Thrustmaster TX max DoR and found several instances where it clearly says 900 DoR

HEF51
14-05-2015, 20:13
When I got mine when Xboxone first came out you had to set it up using your PC before you could use it and I am 100% positive that it got set to 900 DoR. Not sure if it is different for newer versions but at least the first tranche of wheels have the ability to go to 900. I just confirmed that by searching for Thrustmaster TX max DoR and found several instances where it clearly says 900 DoR

You're right but they are different wheels

458 TX = 900 DOR
458 Spider = 240 DOR

This thread is about the 458 Spider.

turbohondaej1
14-05-2015, 23:18
Hey guys I was thinking about buying this wheel and I just had a question about the attach. What would be the maximum thickness of a table you can attach it on?

Thanks!

On my tx it's however thick you want technically it could be 2 feet. You just need to figure out the right length bolts to get so not to interfere with the inner workings. I don't remember off had what I used for the bolts but the user manual has the dimensions you will need to add your board thickness and maximum length bolts to figure it out you have to convert it to metric if your in the us too. Also take off two mm length for the maximum because if you use wood it will sink in if you don't use proper washers needed. Currently I'm using 3/4 inch wood from home Depot it was in the pre cut section 1ft wide 2 ft length.

billk1
23-05-2015, 20:36
You can set up the Spider to look left and right. I have Look Right-A, look Left-Y. You have to see what buttons are in use and change them to your own needs. X changes my views, View button moved the seat forward, B moves the seat back. Also, the D-pad Up turns on the wipers, down turns on the lights, pressing the left side goes through the various telemetry views, off hand I cannot remember what pressing the right side of the D-pad does, I'm not at the Xbox right now. Hope this helps. I'm sure there are other combinations but these work for me.

Hammerpgh
20-06-2015, 14:31
I have this wheel too and Im guessing it's impossible to assign buttons to look around?
It's definitely possible to set buttons to look around. I have the left and right on the d-pad set for looking left and right. You can pretty much set what you like. Great wheel with plenty of buttons to cover all possibilities I have found so far.

Hammerpgh
21-06-2015, 16:29

Thanks!
Using the wheels supplied clamp I would say about an inch and a half to two inches is about the maximum table thickness you could use.

Babsracing09
11-12-2015, 23:08
I have the 458 spider wheel, this is the one without ffb, i know the wheel is 240 but on the xb1when calibrating it on pcars it shows 180? I also found that when turning the wheel in game the steering is super sensative when approaching full lock, could this be a result of the 240 and the 180 not corresponding? ? And if so any advice would be appreciated .

Hammerpgh
15-12-2015, 12:53
Not sure why it's only showing 180.. on mine if I hold the wheel just shy of 90 degrees it gives me the 240 degrees setting that is required. It's a bit fiddly as it's not at the stop point so you have to just hold it steady when the numbers get to 240.