PDA

View Full Version : A few questions: Replays and Car Liveries

nhitrac
10-05-2015, 22:03
Hi guys,

Replays: Is there a way to increase the replay length to show the whole practice session instead of just the most recent 2 minutes?

Car liveries: In the 'Garage', I select whatever car skin I want, make the changes etc and hit save for all courses. When I go into a practice session, I'm given some random skin - Any ideas?

On that note, there's got to be a better way to choose your skins for each car, instead of having to go back out to the manufacturers list then model then skin every damn time. Surely this was discussed during ALPHA/BETA???

Thanks everyone

Mahjik
10-05-2015, 22:57
1. Currently no. You can only do 2 minutes of the quick replay or you can get a full replay from a complete session at the end of the session.

2. When you go into a race mode (Free Practice, Quick Race, Multiplayer), you need to select the car and skin inside of that mode.

And yes the skin choosing was discussed and there are other requests out for improvements in this space. We don't have any information if there will be changes in this space but the WMD community would like to see it happen as well.

Ramshackle
11-05-2015, 00:23
Selecting the livery you want for online races is definitely a ball ache. Once you've picked your car, you then have to select garage, then race class, then manufacturer, then pick your model, then you select the livery. Having to navigate through four menu's (and back again) just to change car skins is a little much. The race often starts before you even have a chance to pick. A lot of people simply have no idea how to change skins at all. It's a shame cos there's some great designs for the cars.

Ramshackle
11-05-2015, 00:31
Oh and since the OP mentioned replays, it'd be great if you could select any car to watch and still have all camera points to choose from. I miss going into the cockpit view of other cars and watching my overtaking moves... especially if it's from an intense back and forth online race. Definitely on my Pcars wish list.

nhitrac
11-05-2015, 02:02
1. Currently no. You can only do 2 minutes of the quick replay or you can get a full replay from a complete session at the end of the session.

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully more replay options will be available with upcoming patches...

2. When you go into a race mode (Free Practice, Quick Race, Multiplayer), you need to select the car and skin inside of that mode.

Seems like I'm doing it wrong then. E.g. I thought in Free Practice you just choose your cars from the quick drop down list and away you go. Didn't realise you could/had to then again choose the skins from within the race mode. But wow, confusing and such a terrible way of going about it :confused:

Anyhow, thanks for your input.

Mahjik
11-05-2015, 03:24
Seems like I'm doing it wrong then. E.g. I thought in Free Practice you just choose your cars from the quick drop down list and away you go. Didn't realise you could/had to then again choose the skins from within the race mode. But wow, confusing and such a terrible way of going about it :confused:

What this avoids is that your selected car doesn't follow you between modes. Without this, if you were to join a multiplayer race which had a car forced that you didn't like, you wouldn't want this car set as the default for all of the other modes.