PDA

View Full Version : How does the controller work?

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 02:21
I've got a PS4 and an XB1.

For driving games I prefer the XB1 controller, but with all of the issues, I'm thinkingof getting this on PS4.

Is the PS4 having any of the same control issues as the XB1?

Also, I've read about the ghosting issue on the PS4. Is this really an issue or much to do about nothing?

Thanks.

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 02:24
PS4 DualShock seems to be faring better right now than the xb1 controller.

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 02:26
I've got a PS4 and an XB1.

For driving games I prefer the XB1 controller, but with all of the issues, I'm thinkingof getting this on PS4.

Is the PS4 having any of the same control issues as the XB1?

Also, I've read about the ghosting issue on the PS4. Is this really an issue or much to do about nothing?

Thanks.

The issues appear to be specific to XB1.

The ghosting seems to be down to whether people are inclined to notice minor things (i.e. like how some people can notice a difference between 90 and 120 fps while most don't) and is the least noticeable while driving (don't have PS4, but just the outcome of observations).

pa_pinkelman
11-05-2015, 06:21
Controller works perfect for me. I use mode 2 with opposite lock help on. I race on pro-difficulty, with ai level 80 with only real aids on. I win most of my races.
For me the blurring is barely noticable. But I play on a pc monitor. Some people with modern tv' seem to be more affected.

Pablo2008jedi
11-05-2015, 08:34
I've used the 360 controller on PC for racing games, the DS4 on PS4 is pretty good. Much better than the PS3's.

As for ghosting I don't notice it during a race, but I do sometimes see it watching a replay. Its not down to my TV as its high spec Sony W905

Iwanchek
11-05-2015, 09:16
Me personally I've no problems with ds4 controller. At the beginning you've to practice to understand the car braking points etc, so far I'm doing good.

First I was using L2/R2 (brake/throttle) but now I'm driving Grsn Turismo style L2/R2 brake/throttle and X/Square throttle brake and I found that this method works best for me.

I'm 30th place (or less) with Merc on Brands Hatch .25.0, Clio and Formula A I didn't drive to much. Clio with this controller settings is but"hard"to drive. I'm around 53.2 if I'm not wrong. There's lot of time to catch with practice, we'll see, Formula A I find it that I can't be competitive here. Without TC OFF ( my
Setting) it's imposi to be competitive.

Practice practice practice