PDA

View Full Version : Missing Nationalities

uzzybotak2
11-05-2015, 04:02
Hello, I'm from Indonesia. I've bought this game via Steam. It's such a great game and I love it. But there's one thing. Could you please add more nationality choices? I don't see Indonesia from there. (Also I've searched the thread that said the same problem as me, that Bahrain isn't also listed under Nationality). Maybe a complete list like when we're registering to a website, there are a lot of country choices. Thank you very much and see you on the track. :friendly_wink:

Robert-Formula1
11-05-2015, 04:52
I had the same problem. I'm from Mexico and my nationality isn't listed in the game. I find this a little bit annoying. I hope they can fix this right away.

Morgan Henstridge
11-05-2015, 04:57
I am not sure what Process was used to generate the list for the Nationalities, but it looks like there are a few missing.

If people can post them here, and keep it in the 1 thread, you will have a better chance of this being seen and having a possible outcome.

Edit - uzzybotak2, you might want to rename the thread title to "Missing Nationalities" so it is a bit more obvious for others whose nationalities may be missing.

CTR69
11-05-2015, 06:19
My digital alter ego lives in Monaco... More realistic that way, lol

TrevorAustin
11-05-2015, 07:00
As ever England is missing, united kingdom is an entity not a nationality, united Kingdom doesn't compete in any sports.

MysterG
11-05-2015, 07:12
Renamed the thread for you Uzzy

uzzybotak2
11-05-2015, 08:34
ah okay thank you very much. I hope the problem will be resolved right away

I am not sure what Process was used to generate the list for the Nationalities, but it looks like there are a few missing.

If people can post them here, and keep it in the 1 thread, you will have a better chance of this being seen and having a possible outcome.

Edit - uzzybotak2, you might want to rename the thread title to "Missing Nationalities" so it is a bit more obvious for others whose nationalities may be missing.

yeah actually that's a good idea. Maybe we should try to keep it in 1 thread, and the devs will grant what we want

Invictus
11-05-2015, 08:40
As ever England is missing, united kingdom is an entity not a nationality, united Kingdom doesn't compete in any sports.

People are often referred to as British, which falls under the Union Flag. Also it more common for England, Scotland & Ireland to be there but no Wales or Northern Ireland so really you can drop the 'As ever'.

TrevorAustin
11-05-2015, 09:10
You're right about Wales and Northen Ireland. But I've never seen England in anything. Ireland is a completely separate country so it should be:) This isn't about flags or politics it's about nationality, so if you are trying to make a political point this isn't the thread for it, so I reiterate, as ever, England is missing. That doesn't mean others aren't but as I don't look for them I wouldn't know. But if they are going to have nationalities, it should be all, not just selected ones.

sotos9
11-05-2015, 09:18
Cyprus is missing

Backshot Boss
18-05-2015, 01:15
Hi guys, i'm no game developer but how hard can it be to include other countries in the nationalities list besides the more popular ones? I'm from Barbados which is a place in the Caribbean and i know many people haven't heard of it BUT, not even Jamaica is listed? wow! I just ended up choosing randomly. (south africa)

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 03:13
Yeah I'm Jamaican. Trinidad in but no Jamaica. I'm guessing the devs and such probably got their nationalities in.

Marcd23
18-05-2015, 07:27
The bit that made me think. Do they know what nationality is?

It's English. NOT United Kingdom... It's Scottish... Not United Kingdom... Welsh...

You get the point...United Kingdom isn't a Nationality.

HeeseyChelmet
18-05-2015, 07:33
I get the point but it would be bottom of my list of issues. (I'm British btw)

Pablo2008jedi
18-05-2015, 08:44
The bit that made me think. Do they know what nationality is?

It's English. NOT United Kingdom... It's Scottish... Not United Kingdom... Welsh...

You get the point...United Kingdom isn't a Nationality.

Can't agree with you more!

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 08:47
Edited and deleted, no point :)

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 08:54
This is already flagged in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23547-Missing-Nationalities&highlight=nationalities). However it doesn't appear to be in the list of known issues. I'll see if I can get this added to the list for you.

Pete

Elmo
18-05-2015, 18:43
Merged into one thread and added to the list

Pirategenius
19-05-2015, 19:59
Please seperate the United Kingdom into England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Roger Prynne
19-05-2015, 20:03
Hi guys, i'm no game developer but how hard can it be to include other countries in the nationalities list besides the more popular ones? I'm from Barbados which is a place in the Caribbean and i know many people haven't heard of it BUT, not even Jamaica is listed? wow! I just ended up choosing randomly. (south africa)

I think most people have heard of it... :confused:

beer_n_frites
19-05-2015, 20:17
Please seperate the United Kingdom into England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

What about Britain?

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 20:30
What about Britain?

That isn't a country or a nationality, it's just forced on us.

Pirategenius
19-05-2015, 20:50
What about Britain?

Britain is England,Wales and Scotland combined, It does not include Ireland.... The UK is all 4 countries.

-Brick_Top-
19-05-2015, 21:02
Britain is England,Wales and Scotland combined, It does not include Ireland.... The UK is all 4 countries.

Bingo!

Which makes us British that is our nationality. How can so many people not know their own nationality and complain that it's wrong in the game?
You might have been born and live in England but you have a British passport. There is no nationality England , English, great Britain, United kingdom etc. it's simply British and yes I was also a little disappointed the game makes had it wrong

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 23:34
Bingo!

Which makes us British that is our nationality. How can so many people not know their own nationality and complain that it's wrong in the game?
You might have been born and live in England but you have a British passport. There is no nationality England , English, great Britain, United kingdom etc. it's simply British and yes I was also a little disappointed the game makes had it wrong
Ypu better explain that to all the national sports teams that play against all the other nationalotoes then:) They've all got it wrong. I can only think of the British Lions of any standing. Not seen much of the British cricket team of the British soccer team, etc. I have a British passport because my country wants to keep a dting ideal together that hardly anybdy wants or understands. Not reall yrelevant here, as fas#r as sport goes the VAST majority of people would rather be English, welsh, Scottish, irish.... But why not have British too if it bothers you. United Kingdom offends me, nobody competes from there in anything, ots a postal address!

Backshot Boss
20-05-2015, 01:27
I was just speaking from past online experiences. When people ask where i'm from and i reply I usually get these responses: "is that in Jamaica?", "uh? where?", "oh is that the country Rihanna's from?" smh

-Brick_Top-
20-05-2015, 06:12
Ypu better explain that to all the national sports teams that play against all the other nationalotoes then:) They've all got it wrong. I can only think of the British Lions of any standing. Not seen much of the British cricket team of the British soccer team, etc. I have a British passport because my country wants to keep a dting ideal together that hardly anybdy wants or understands. Not reall yrelevant here, as fas#r as sport goes the VAST majority of people would rather be English, welsh, Scottish, irish.... But why not have British too if it bothers you. United Kingdom offends me, nobody competes from there in anything, ots a postal address!

Are they not playing for country?

Have you ever seen English as a nationality on an official document?

With all this being said I haven't really studied any of the other nationalities on the game is it France or French for example. Maybe they are all wrong