PDA

View Full Version : Always on Stability/Traction control?

MrTitan
11-05-2015, 04:26
is there any way to completely eliminate stability/traction control? even with all assists turned off there is still traction and or stability control on the cars. for example in the rain full thunderstorm in the evo 10 stand still with a full throttle clutch dump and wheel turned car acts extremely awkward and feels as if the game is telling me i'm doing something wrong and it places the car properly back to settled and will try to grip up, i went and made the most slippery set of variable in the environment that i could as well as something very odd when doing a "donut" then grab the handbrake the car seems to hit an invisible wall and bounces on the suspension very weird but pretty much stops the slide. Don't know if something in my settings is wrong or is there some form of aids still enabled somewhere else in the game that i am not seeing.

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 04:30
Is that with auto-clutch on? Auto clutch will generally try to do a 'smooth' take-off. Also check the diff as that can impact the ability to slide/burnout.

TMoney
11-05-2015, 04:31
If you have all assists turned OFF then they should be off. If you have it set to Real, then whatever driving aids the real car has will be active by default.

What you're explaining sounds to be the differential setting. Try increasing diff lock/viscous lock and try again. The default diff settings are very conservative to make the cars easier to drive overall. That's the first thing I do on just about every car, increase diff lock. Really wakes them up!

Edit: Dan you Ninja!

Krobo
11-05-2015, 08:24
I see that TC, stability control and ABS are all in the controller /key bindings , I have mapped the TC and ABS but don't see any thing when pressing the keys .? is there some indicator we can see somewhere to know for sure if aids are off or on ?

If you set up a server with them on are they selectable to turn off or on in that case >?

If off on the server would mean, off but I had them available ...

but pressing the assigned keys doesn't appear to make any changes ..

I looked in the motec hud while driving as well, pressing them to see if I could find any indication of aids off or on .. but nothing ever happens ??

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 08:39
I see that TC, stability control and ABS are all in the controller /key bindings , I have mapped the TC and ABS but don't see any thing when pressing the keys .? is there some indicator we can see somewhere to know for sure if aids are off or on ?

If you set up a server with them on are they selectable to turn off or on in that case >?

If off on the server would mean, off but I had them available ...

but pressing the assigned keys doesn't appear to make any changes ..

I looked in the motec hud while driving as well, pressing them to see if I could find any indication of aids off or on .. but nothing ever happens ??

Quoting myself on this:

Switch to external cam, active the full HUD and look at the speedo/motec. If the symbol for a driving assist is there, it is active.

MrTitan
11-05-2015, 12:24
no i think my description is incorrect maybe. i drive many sims and im very aware the settings to turn of such as all the normal assists and clutch actions all that is in order it is visually as it should be. the cars just feel, like they still have residual traction aid. for example i took the 1m out for a spin tonight and i tuned it as i would for a drift car i also made sure all assists are off. now this is a car with 340hp and should be able to spin tires in second gear, the car will only burn out in 1st gear and if i clutch kick the throttle will blip and cut so it wont spin tires as if a computer assisted traction control system is in place. i had the same issue in my real car before removing the VSC fuse from my aristo since it is swapped with an R154 transmission manual 5 spd. the computer would cause interruptions in the throttle action to stave of slip in conjunction with what would have been my differential and transmission. that car is fully drift capable and has less hp and more weight then the 1m does and yet the 1m in this game for example, just will not drift, even if out of control the car comes to a stop extremely quickly which is odd, the car should definitely be sliding more out of control then what it does currently...

Chiekotz
30-05-2015, 03:12
Quoting myself on this:

Can you adjust traction control in game? or can you just turn it on or off?

How about Front and rear anti roll bars ? I saw an option but i dont know if its being sdjusted in game
There is also brake bias

I know there is a traction slider in the options page

Bealdor
30-05-2015, 20:24
Can you adjust traction control in game? or can you just turn it on or off?

How about Front and rear anti roll bars ? I saw an option but i dont know if its being sdjusted in game
There is also brake bias

I know there is a traction slider in the options page

Yes, you can adjust these on track (except the TC).
You can adjust the allowed slip of the TC in the car setup. It's not just an on/off setting.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 02:30
What a bunch of...... Its four wheel drive!
Its got torque management. And its running on track tyres, of course it ain't gonna wheel spin.
Have you ever drove one on track tyres?
Do you like handbrake turns?
You'd understand if you had.
Honestly.

Go look at my evo setup in the noobs section and have some fun. Its got a dog box, so can handle some abusive down shifting, so don't blow my engine, I've only just had it built!