PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - Good clean racing? Expressions of interest

shiftykiwi
11-05-2015, 05:08
Having had project cars since it's release last week, I'm already getting frustrated with some of the online play.

Like all racing games you have your fair share of players that seem like they're entered in a demo derby or just wipe people out to be annoying. I'm not a professional racer at all and know that it takes people a while to get a grip on the game and get better but I'm talking more about guys that dive bomb into corners on purpose to wipe people out. One guy even went to the effort of waiting at the end of a straight to take people out the next time they came round.

So I was thinking...

How about starting a racing club filled with players that just want to enjoy some good clean racing? Doesn't matter how good you are as long as you're more interested in fair racing and enjoying the game for what it was meant to be used for.

Anyone interested?
**UPDATE: We currently have 32 people who have signed up and the first list will be a sent out today!

Remember to register your interest by either:
- An email to armchairracingnetwork@gmail.com with your PSN and country/region
OR
- A private message via the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Armchair-Racing-Network/438677092972538) or this forum with your email, PSN and country/region
- I will compile lists of each country and region
- I will then create email mailing lists for each region and send out accordingly
- The first couple of lists might be global lists and then as we get more people on board I'm hoping we'll have decent lists from AUS/NZ, US and Canada, Europe, Asia ect

Everyone that has already listed their PSN's on this thread have been added but won't get emailed lists directly as I don't have your email addresses. You will be on the list though so that others can add you**

RJ_Whitlock_556
11-05-2015, 05:39
As soon as I get my copy on Tuesday, and get used to the game. I'll be down! I was never really good at Racing Sims, (Played a lot of GT5/6) with that said I love racing games that feel realistic.

From everything I've been seeing, pCARS is where it's going to be at! :D

SJDinasia
11-05-2015, 05:48
Good idea

pa_pinkelman
11-05-2015, 06:12
Count me in... But since we are from both sides of the world i don' t know if it will work that well :(

Vtx1312
11-05-2015, 07:44
Yes sounds good count this rookie in only available on weekend due to work not available every weekend has I am a coach driver but I will join you when ever possible if that's OK

dvc
11-05-2015, 08:23
Ps4 matt_dvc I'm in. Plz write your forum name in invite;)

Ramiboo
11-05-2015, 08:38
Hi Guys, we've got a league starting up. The numbers are pretty good and the skill level is pretty mixed. we're on the football365 forum. If you can sign up then find us, look for Project Cars F365 Championship. We've got 2 Divisions that we are splitting based on a time trial. It's all pretty well sorted, rules of conduct and a not too victorian penalty system. There aren't too many places left, I think we're up to 22 of 32, We may cut off before 32 as running max people in the lounges this early in the games life maybe buggy, but we'll see. ;)

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 08:48
Keen.

PSN: Hkraft300 (just say pcars on the request so i know)

always up for Formula/LMP races :)

Should move this to PS4 section.

lazpete
11-05-2015, 10:27
Count me in. Spent an hour yesterday, trying to find a place with "decent" racers.

djmky
11-05-2015, 10:33
Yep I went online and had the same problem. Waiting for a few of my friends to get up to speed and play with them online.

No point getting slammed into the wall on turn 1. Count me in.

Zenzic
11-05-2015, 11:00
If you're looking for clean racing it might be worth your while to check out Apex Stalkers as well. We're an online community with 350 members and we attach a lot of importance to clean racing and being respectful to fellow community members. About 40 of us have made the move to Project CARS already. Right now we're all still getting used to the game through daily races and one-day events. In a few weeks we'll be organizing championships as well.

More info can be found here: http://www.apexstalkers.tk/

owenmorris
11-05-2015, 11:10
Count me in I was racing this morning and it was just like destruction derby

Add me itsowen

Dam351
11-05-2015, 11:32
Shifty the name seems familiar. Do I kno u from any other racing or non racing game? Anyway I'm thinking of bringing my FL group of clean respectable racers over here. Until then I'd like to see how this runs. My gt Dam351

Parklife450
11-05-2015, 11:55
defiantly interested.

PSN: Parklife450

timaloy67
11-05-2015, 12:06
Im in. timaloy67 :encouragement:

Ramiboo
11-05-2015, 12:07
You'll have to get yourselves over to the website http://forum.football365.com and register. Then search for Project Cars to find the championship. All the details are in the OP :)

shiftykiwi
12-05-2015, 01:25
Ok guys so it looks as though we've got some interest.

One problem which seems to reasonably obvious at the moment is that we have players from all over the world. Different countries with different time zones will make it tricky for people to meet up and play regularly.

I was thinking of this being more of a community type thing so that you can go racing whenever you like without being tied into being online at certain time on a certain day. So the idea is to create a network of racers that just meet up online and go racing casually whenever they're available.

What I've done is created a Facebook page (Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Armchair-Racing-Network/438677092972538)

This is what I was thinking:
- Send me a private message via the page with your PSN and Country/Region (no other details required)
- I will compile different lists for all the regions and reply with the PSN's of all people in your region
- Then you can add them and go racing

I will also try and post weekly time trial events so that the whole community can get involved no matter the time zone difference. To make it interesting, I'll do this by letting people vote via the page on where/what and in what conditions they'd like to run.

If you do not have Facebook or prefer not to use it then send me an email at armchairracingnetwork@gmail.com or PM me in this forum and I'll do the same thing.

By sending me a message you are agreeing to sign up though so expect other people to add you in the future as you will be going on the list for your region. (Not sure if people feel weird about this?)

Let me know what you guys think

Macho_Nacho_2606
12-05-2015, 01:46
Hi guys,

Macho_Nacho_2606 on PSN here if anyone's interested. Playing with a controller (no space or money for anything better). I'm a decent driver (I'm not going pro anytime soon though) but just looking for some people to hang out with and have some decent racing sessions without any dick moves etc.

Feel free to add me maybe with a little message explaining that you're from here!

gt500hk
12-05-2015, 03:00
PSN: gt500hk from Hong Kong
Look forward to clean race.

shiftykiwi
12-05-2015, 03:25
This is what I was thinking:
- Send me a private message via the page with your PSN and Country/Region (no other details required)
- I will compile different lists for all the regions and reply with the PSN's of all people in your region
- Then you can add them and go racing

Ok due to the interest in this I'm going to make a slight amendment...
Send either:
- An email to armchairracingnetwork@gmail.com with your PSN and country/region
or
- A private message via the Facebook page or this forum with your email, PSN and country/region
- I will compile lists of each country and region
- I will then create email mailing lists for each region and send out accordingly
- The first couple of lists might be global lists and then as we get more people on board I'm hoping we'll have decent lists from AUS/NZ, US and Canada, Europe, Asia ect

Thanks guys.

msmith1
12-05-2015, 06:34
Count me in mate, drop us request.
PSN: Magic_MikeSmith.

Although I race clean I'm not perfect and might sometimes knock in to people accidently, if I cause someone's lap to be affected or them to loose placss I'll let them retake me as a show of respect.

I'm always up for GT and formula races.

Forbiddenracer
12-05-2015, 06:35
Sounds good to me... Forbiddenracer PS4 in UK

loslogo
12-05-2015, 06:46
Count me in :)

SK8RBOI
12-05-2015, 07:13
I'm in! Can't wait to race some fair racers!

Psn: FRS_SK8R

hkraft300
12-05-2015, 07:17
By the way...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22297-Australian-and-New-Zealand-Racers

HeeseyChelmet
12-05-2015, 07:23
I'd totally be up for that. Currently my mates and I always enter a private lobby and race AI because we're sick of all the poor driving online.

psn: HeeseyChelmet

Thefinnberg
12-05-2015, 08:39
Great idea.
psn: thefinnberg

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 08:49
In the past I used to play Live for Speed, I actually ended up being a mod on a Sunday Racing league that was very enjoyable and clean racing was a must.

So with that in mind I'm always up for some nice friendly, clean and mature racing.

PSN: pablo2008jedi

tnx!

Hippomelee
12-05-2015, 09:40
Great idea, I've only had 1 online race so far and that was....interesting... so it'll good to team up etc...I've sent the PM with info

PSN: Hippomelee

Ltradium
12-05-2015, 10:05
It's always the back of the pack where people are idiots if you get off to a good start and are up towards the front u can have some good fun with others up front with u, I had some good fun last night in gt3 class, but had 1 or 2 race where I got hit from behind on the 1st turn and had to try and fight my way back which getting past some idiots is near impossible

beastwez
12-05-2015, 15:30
Yep. Bored of being wiped out and/or facing the wrong way on the first few corners

PSN : beastwez

Number_46
12-05-2015, 15:40
Sounds good, yeah this is one thing which always annoys me with any online games no matter what the game is.

Ok there are times when you do out break yourself or hit someone accidently, but for those idiots who just intentionally crash in you - whats the point, plus they are not real fans of motorracing.

VR-42
12-05-2015, 16:21
Have a look at vrroom.org

jimclark62
12-05-2015, 16:24
Join the Project Cars Fair Driving Community here on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1839582989599181/

Grant80
12-05-2015, 16:36
Count me in. Can't promise the occasional shunt won't happen but I'm all for racing fair. Still getting used the game!

Cheers,

PSN: SidoniaKnight80

pa_pinkelman
12-05-2015, 16:42
Join the Project Cars Fair Driving Community here on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1839582989599181/

I dont have facebook....

jimclark62
12-05-2015, 16:45
its quick and easy to set up

jimclark62
12-05-2015, 16:46
Count me in. Can't promise the occasional shunt won't happen but I'm all for racing fair. Still getting used the game!

Cheers,

PSN: SidoniaKnight80

Absolutely correct. Theres a big difference between innocent accidents and deliberate cheating etc.

mantukas334
12-05-2015, 17:47
count me in

webuserjonny
12-05-2015, 20:28
I'm in. Nothing I hate more than people who just go online to ruin the enjoyment of others. I'll always play fair. PSN username same as my username on here, webuserjonny.

MangledJellyfish
12-05-2015, 20:34
These guys have started something like this already if this helps.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24122-Project-Cars-Fair-Driving-Community-New-Facebook-Group-dedicated-to-racing-fairplay

Pink_650S
12-05-2015, 20:38
Hey everyone!

I'm always looking for clean racers.
Add me if interested: Piink_eMo_GiiRL

Cheers!

lordymatsuo
12-05-2015, 21:17
The devs need to put in racing clubs or racing crews so we can start a post saying "Hey good clean racers join this club on PS4" someone is the leader and kicks people who deliberately cause crap. Many clubs will be formed but the bigger the better as more people to race from the same club at all hours of the day. This fixes the problem completely as you would just create closed club/crew only races in online mode even if you don't know them they are a member for a reason :) and are to be trusted, if they deliberately keep crashing, you report to club leader and he kicks them.

It amazes me how many racing games lack this basic idea which solves the crazy online issues all racing games have to deal with and currently all we can do is add dozens of friends to PSN which is not really an organised way of sorting out races etc

So far I'm sticking to career until they add this well needed feature or the noobs get board in a few months then I'll go online with people that want to race for real.

Sickboy
12-05-2015, 21:25
I hate dirty racers, there are lots of them about. I get annoyed when I sit behind someone waiting for an opportunity to pass and then they try to knock you off as your passing them. I also feel guilty if I take someone out by mistake. Harsher penalties are needed, I have no online penalties yet but should have one or two.

Roiri100
12-05-2015, 22:52
Count me in! My psn is roiri100

owenmorris
12-05-2015, 23:01
PSN: itsowen

Hi guys I'm just like the others looking for good clean racing.

Daltonk
12-05-2015, 23:18
I'm in for good clean racing
Psn Dalton-Vol4Life

zennmeister
12-05-2015, 23:28
Pls count me in
ID in my sig.
..live in the US btw...

Human
12-05-2015, 23:39
Sounds good me. ...... Ps4 hooliothegreat . Just mention the forum if you send an invite. 😉

Foodman111
12-05-2015, 23:42
in the West coast, lets race !

silva
13-05-2015, 00:06
Pre-Ordered the PC & PS4 Limited Edition from Amazon UK, her in the US, I will not receive my copies till the 26th, but I agree with you. The one reason I stopped playing GT6 online is there were more people interested in destruction and mayhem than running a good race, pro or beginner!

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 00:41
"It amazes me how many racing games lack this basic idea which solves the crazy online issues all racing games have to deal with and currently all we can do is add dozens of friends to PSN which is not really an organised way of sorting out races etc"

I think the best way to sort players by ability is to set up hoppers or lobbies based off of lap times. Seems like the game could establish tiers by times. I would love to see it where players who can't post a reasonable lap time were not even allowed into an environment with legit racers.
Racing is the perfect genre for online competition as Everything & everyone can be easily evaluated by their time. It's a physical fact that two similar times were likely achieved by two racers of the same skill level on nearly the same lines? Baffles me that no one has attempted the a,b,c main tournament structure into lobbies. Or at the least, heat racing where there's a ladder tournament happening where the top 3 of 6 or half of whatever size field you run advance to race winners and losers race losers.
Or you could run it like Iracing which is perfect. Points system with reviews, you hit people in Iracing, it's going on your record and you may be punished if you have too many points on your license. They will move u down to slower cars and races until u can handle it. You do have to work your way up through the license and earn them. but Iracing charges monthly to run a legit competition.

Oh: and anyone looking for clean racing. Psn=nutty113

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 01:15
I hate dirty racers, there are lots of them about. I get annoyed when I sit behind someone waiting for an opportunity to pass and then they try to knock you off as your passing them. I also feel guilty if I take someone out by mistake. Harsher penalties are needed, I have no online penalties yet but should have one or two.
Agree, if someone's on me for like 2 laps (or even just 2 corners sometimes) i'll let them respectfully go ahead. Then i'll chase the down for a lap. Maybe we do that back and forth a couple and hey wow 10 minutes goes by like that. It's really a lot more fun just bein clean and respectful. I'm not talkin like Grey Poupon "after you sir, no i insist" , just like a mutual respect for a fellow racer.

Exhibit A:

http://youtu.be/qTqsjMmmM9Q

silva
13-05-2015, 03:50
Working on a new rig setup with the CSR set, all I have now is a Logictech, but once that ships I am in.

PSN: silvasport

shiftykiwi
13-05-2015, 07:34
Our first members list has gone out to those that supplied their email address. If you didn't supply your email address you are still on the list and hopefully will be getting some friend requests shortly!

If you would like to join up here's how:
- Email to armchairracingnetwork@gmail.com with your PSN and country/region
OR
- A private message via the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Armchair-Racing-Network/438677092972538 or this forum with your email, PSN and country/region

I'll send you our current roster of racers and add you to the list as well.

Hope everybody enjoys some good clean racing!

Mikey2
13-05-2015, 09:23
Hi I'm well interested!! Psn id Death-to-all82 mikeyelwood@gmail.com love proper fair play racing! This is what this game is all about. Unfortunately some of the bumper car boy from driveclub seem to have come over to pcars. I'm from the UK.

eric55
13-05-2015, 10:27
Hi shifty

Please invite me I am so frustrated with fools ,I created a lobby once with only manual gears and no tc and no st control and as the race started the idiots did not even know how to start the race with manual gears and soon started spinning out every 100 meters and then left the lobby

Please invite ComputedGiAnt

Great Plan
Regards eric55

beat-sampras
13-05-2015, 12:10
i really am not a good driver, but am interested in fair racing :)

so, if you wanna add me, heres my id: beat-sampraz

see you on the track :cool:

(Edit: PS4)

Unclepsx
13-05-2015, 12:34
Clean racer here looking for other like minded individuals who don't expect to win the race at the first corner.

London UK - GMT (PS4)

PSN: unclepsx (if you're going to add please make PCars the subject) thanks.

Pastor101
13-05-2015, 13:14
Sounds great! I'll send you an email when I'm a little used to more cars than just the Renault Clio :p

R2Dom2
13-05-2015, 13:23
Hi Everyone, please count me in. PSN ID PantsCat. I'm about 8 hours in. Completed Formula Rookie and now in a Ginetta. Finding the game very rewarding.

Human
13-05-2015, 14:54
I'm in, psn.. hooliothegreat.

sarsagent6
13-05-2015, 15:10
Same frustration after just one day online. Would like to join up, I'm a decent player. I'm in Eastern time zone Ps4 id: sarseternal

GJS-FORCE
13-05-2015, 15:51
Wanna have clean racers ?
I am a little slow perhaps, but send me requests if u like
My PSN: GJS-FORCE

Lets get started

SocalsZHP
13-05-2015, 18:50
I'm looking for a group of clean racers also. Please add:

Psn: SocalsZHP

dirtyfrog
13-05-2015, 20:13
Hi all, I'm down for decent racing - UK based, PSN is Dirtyfrog77

awaite85
13-05-2015, 20:55
I'm all for clean racing. Find it to hard to believe anyone wanting to race dirty in a SIM. Leave that to Gran Turismo.

Once I get enough practice in I will be all about joining.

hanteed24
13-05-2015, 21:05
im playing on acc simulacion800 but add me on hanteed24

Lucifer_187
13-05-2015, 21:52
Psn: Lucifer_187_

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 22:26
Also looking for people who want to race clean.

PSN; M-R---S-M-O-K-E
Location; Canada
Time Zone; EST

Please put Pcars in comment box of friend request. Usually online in the evening after 9pm EST.

EC_345
14-05-2015, 01:11
Looking for people who like to race clean as well. My PSN is EC_345 . I'm an average driver, not quite the best. Just let me know your from the forums.

cor-b-arst
14-05-2015, 04:57
Would enjoy some good clean racing. PSN: Cor-b-arst, location: Midlands U.K.

eric55
14-05-2015, 08:58
Hi shifty count me in my psn is ComputedGiAnt my country is South Africa

Thanx

eric55
14-05-2015, 09:00
Hi shifty

Please count me in I apr clean racing my psn is ComputedGiAnt

Thanx

kiteboy27
14-05-2015, 12:10
PSN ID: Kiteboy27

count me in, I find racing with full damage forces guys to be more careful, otherwise its bumbpercars..

crucian4
14-05-2015, 12:17
I am interested but have to get my controller settings sorted out first. I wont be able to be clean with how sensitive the controller is.

CastorTroy
14-05-2015, 13:23
Always interested in clean tight racing.Gonna play next few hours
PSN ID: CashtorTroy

TomCmo
14-05-2015, 14:58
I'm desperate for some clean online racing instead of the demolition derbys i've found so far.

E-Mail sent

Any clean racers out there feel free to friend request me - TomCmo

mouthinho
14-05-2015, 17:52
facebook message sent.

psn: mouthinho

ChrisK
15-05-2015, 01:09
Psn: Rooz31
Had some good clean racing with some guys on here already. Not enuf of us to fill a field though so looking forward to the community growing.

dvc
15-05-2015, 01:12
not sure if posted already. matt_dvc plz add message forums clean racing. thanks :)

shiftykiwi
15-05-2015, 05:23
We have continued to have really strong interest in this thread and are now approaching 70 racers who have signed up to be part of the community.

We've had two members lists has go out to those that supplied their email address. If you didn't supply your email address you are still on the list and hopefully will be getting some friend requests!

If you would like to join up here's how:
- Email to armchairracingnetwork@gmail.com with your PSN and country/region
OR
- A private message via the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Armchair-Racing-Network/438677092972538?ref=hl or this forum with your email, PSN and country/region

I try to send out an updated roster at the end of each day (Aus time) so be sure to follow the Facebook page for regular updates.

I've heard some good stories already of people enjoying some clean racing through the community so hopefully it continues to grow!

mouthinho
15-05-2015, 17:04
i haven't received an email with a list, though i've provided my email via facebook. anyways, i've added a few people which have given their psn in this thread.

Pichon617
15-05-2015, 18:59
Hello fellas maybe I can have you guys host my league for ps4 we have 3 classes GT3/LMP1/FORMULA-A check us out.

Click here-----> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/world-spec-racing-league-ps4-forming-now-come-join.328778/

Gnokko21
15-05-2015, 19:01
Hello!

please add me for clean racing sessions

PSN ID: Gnokko21

mouthinho
15-05-2015, 20:53
just once more:

psn: mouthinho

toreso
19-05-2015, 09:18
And one more:
torresbtmPL
Assist - Full Off
T300
PS4

Bamm-Bamm
20-07-2015, 08:29
I'm in

PSN = Bamm-Bamm990
Australia
PS4
wheel & pedals

sirsilver1968
20-07-2015, 19:49
I wish I could devote more time for some solid online racing I just do not have time during the week not in the evening anyway.

Jakob
20-07-2015, 20:02
I wish I could devote more time for some solid online racing I just do not have time during the week not in the evening anyway.

I know exactly how you feel!!