PDA

View Full Version : handbreak on x-button does not work

christoph s
11-05-2015, 05:25
the hand break on my x-button does not work. some say, because not all cars have one, but, for example, a ford focus has one (as far as i know) and in the game it does not work.
instead, i think, the clutch is activated...
please tell me what to do

Noskolini
11-05-2015, 10:07
My handbrake has the same problems.
I have it set on the O-Button. When I pull it by driving nothing happens and when I#m standing it seems to be the clutch.

Bruno Alexandre
11-05-2015, 10:41
The handbrake is working here, the issue here might rely on the expectations you might have on the handbrake behavior.
In order to confirm if the handbrake is working or not i recommend you to try the following, do a race with Ford Focus RS at Autodromo Internationale Monza, from the moment you start the race press the handbrake and keep it pressed until you reach the chicane, then look at your rear wheel brakes and notice how they are glowing.
It can also be noticeable by the vehicle acceleration in the telemetry, with the handbrake being pressed the acceleration is slower.

Sankyo
11-05-2015, 10:45
To add: pulling a handbrake without steering will do very little in a car, so don't expect massive drifts just from pulling the handbrake.

The 'pulling the handbrake when standing still feels like using the clutch' needs more explanation, though. I take it that nobody expects anything to happen to the car when pulling the handbrake while standing still?

SL1DE
11-05-2015, 10:46
I thought it was a clutch lol.

Bruno Alexandre
11-05-2015, 10:58
If it was, then on the telemetry screen the clutch would react, also let's not forget it's a FWD car.

christoph s
11-05-2015, 17:14
Press r2 and x when the car is slowly rolling wise guy. What does the revmeter do? It is the clutch!

christoph s
11-05-2015, 17:25
I think, its a bug.....when i go in narrow, corners for example on "california highway" it would be nice to have a handbreak...or if i whant to drift.
If you let a gt car roll down a hill and you press r2 and x at the same time the engine roars, but the car isnt getting slower nor excelerates. What kind of handbreak should that be....

christoph s
11-05-2015, 19:56
I think, its a bug.....when i go in narrow, corners for example on "california highway" it would be nice to have a handbreak...or if i whant to drift.
If you let a gt car roll down a hill and you press r2 and x at the same time the engine roars, but the car isnt getting slower nor excelerates. What kind of handbreak should that be....