PDA

View Full Version : where are the replays kept

Gerald Whyley
11-05-2015, 05:32
im trying to find the replays so i can upload them to youtube, but cant find where they are in the steam folder anywhere, also in the pcars folder.. using PC by the way.

any help would be appriciated.

thanks

Noksi
11-05-2015, 07:07
Are they ready for uploading at all ?

I was using bandicam to record them but if I could elimate this step it would be even better.

flymar
11-05-2015, 07:08
Replays are stored in a format you can't export
Documents-->Project Cars-->media.

Gerald Whyley
11-05-2015, 07:20
cheers Flymar.

is this going to be an added feature later, also i dont have a folder named media in that location.

flymar
11-05-2015, 07:24
I don't think so. Perhaps it was moved to steam folder, along with the profile (don't have the game right not to tell you exact AppID).
I use Shadowplay for recording. Pretty small performance loss.

Gerald Whyley
11-05-2015, 07:32
ill try that , thanks for the tip

Dasani_Rose
28-05-2015, 14:54
I recommend Xsplit https://www.xsplit.com/download free and very easy UI , You can Download the Gamecaster for recordings up to 1080p or download the
Broadcaster for flawless streaming at 720p or if you have the bandwidth you can stream at 1080p with the paid version.

Gpruitt54
28-05-2015, 17:40
Replays are stored in a format you can't export
Documents-->Project Cars-->media.

Humm... There is no folder called "media" in the Project Cars directory path you describe. Is there another location?

DragonSyr
28-05-2015, 17:45
the folder media is inside Steam\userdata\148187274\234630\local\project cars
mind that numbered folders is other for any user....

lollygag
28-05-2015, 19:06
im trying to find the replays so i can upload them to youtube, but cant find where they are in the steam folder anywhere, also in the pcars folder.. using PC by the way.

any help would be appriciated.

thanks

FYI, the .med files in that folder are nothing you can upload to youtube.. they are replay files, instructions for the pCars engine to display a saved replay.

You need to capture and save a video yourself with 3rd party software as pCars shows a replay.

Andy Rink
04-08-2016, 19:53
I can't find the replays. Checked Documents/project cars, checked user/Andy/Appdata/Steam. I'll keep digging. If I were to find the file, would other people be able to watch my replay if they put it in their replay folders?

I would record and youtube it, but my upstream is only 100k. If nothing else I'll set it up over night to upload to youtube.

Mad Al
04-08-2016, 20:02
I can't find the replays. Checked Documents/project cars, checked user/Andy/Appdata/Steam. I'll keep digging. If I were to find the file, would other people be able to watch my replay if they put it in their replay folders?

I would record and youtube it, but my upstream is only 100k. If nothing else I'll set it up over night to upload to youtube.

It's in the Steam install folder

<wherever Steam is installed>\userdata\<Your Steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\media

and yes if you send someone a replay file and they then put it in that folder on their system, they can watch your replay