PDA

View Full Version : Blue flags in qualifying

NudeUp
11-05-2015, 06:44
Not a huge deal, but in Qualifying I'm finding if I pass someone, it automatically shows a blue flag and tells me to let them pass.

The first time I did, even though I was on a good lap. Cost me very little time, but once we got around to the pits, he went in. So he was on his in-lap, and it still made me let him past.

It happened a few more times afterwards, but I didn't let him past. Got no penalty because I pulled away, but not sure what penalty would apply if he stayed with me, then went into the pits anyway.

Andy Baker
11-05-2015, 06:52
I've seen the same thing on more than one occasion, the moment a car behind you is going faster you get a blue flag, clearly not the way it should be working.

IXBEEFXI
11-05-2015, 07:02
Must admit after seeing this ingame i started ignoring most blue flag calls in qualifying and it has had no adverse affect on me yet.

afroguy
11-05-2015, 08:42
Must admit after seeing this ingame i started ignoring most blue flag calls in qualifying and it has had no adverse affect on me yet.

Same, I just laugh as the “faster car behind” slowly gets smaller and smaller in the mirror.

That being said all too often my hot laps are compromised/wrecked because ai cars simply don’t get out of the way OR force me off the road. A simple fix is if you are setting personal bests the ai receive a blue flag OR using a more aggressive strategy if you have your lights on/flash them the car in front moves when prudent. I usually try and find some space to avoid this but a full 25 car grid on a small/med track like Oulton Park usually means there is no space meaning we need a better/functional blue flag system.