PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the rain frequency in CP?

Alter_Schwede62
11-05-2015, 06:51
Hello

For me in CP it rains much too much, and BTW the KI cars are too fast in rain conditions...

As I saw, in about 60 - 70% (or even more) of all sessions it is raining.
It is a very nice looking and feeling feature, devs of CP, but please do not do the same mistakes, like EA is doing again and again, over all the years.
New things, resp. the things they are very proud of, they place with an extreme high frequency in the game, no matter how comletely unreal the starting frequencies are.
With the patches they decrease the frequencies most of the time. But you devs of CP, I am shure, could do that much better that EA Sports! ;)
The Rain frequency should be about 10 - 20% over all the sessions, not 60 - 70%.
My oppinion.

What do you think about the rain "feature" resp. frequency in Car Projects?

X30 Nemec666
11-05-2015, 07:14
I think sometimes the AI drives like there is no rain and water. i find it very frustrating if you have no chance only because the weather.
In 50% there is correct and they drive slower but on the other side they are drive like hell and there is no rain.

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 08:17
Realistically in the UK shouldn't all the tracks be 90% rain?? :friendly_wink:

Alter_Schwede62
11-05-2015, 08:22
I do not think so.
In the UK we often do not see the sun, but it is not raining always.
It is cloudy, sometimes foggy, and too sometimes it rains.

Dresden
11-05-2015, 09:53
If I got rain all the time I would be complaining about it too, but in my game it tends to come and go, and before I know it the sun is starting to break through the clouds. Same with the fog, it only lasts for a few laps and then changes again. I actually wish it would last longer. And they probably did code more rain for UK tracks.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 11:03
Rain wouldn't bother me if the same physics applied to the AI which they certainly don't.

Megalomanic87
11-05-2015, 11:05
I've had torrential rain with the AI at 90%, and i notice them skidding off quite often when being pushed, other than that i can keep up with them fairly well :)

randomqwerty
11-05-2015, 11:55
Rain wouldn't bother me if the same physics applied to the AI which they certainly don't.

This!

Clearly the AI is unaffected by rain. I just had a dry qualify with pole and a 3.5 sec lead over second place. The race starts in the rain and 4 (yes FOUR) AI drivers go flying past me without a care in the world as if it's a perfectly dry sunny day.
Given the frequency of wet races (too high IMO) this begins to get frustrating.
Maybe we'll get proper AI behaviour in a future patch, though this really should have been done already.