PDA

View Full Version : are post launch graphical tweaks possible ala driveclub?

spartanmike1978
11-05-2015, 06:56
I really belive sms will go above and beyond with post launch support with project cars. My question is, does anyone see sms following in evolution studios footsteps and adding graphical polish and effects like evo did with driveclub? Project cars looks great, but digital foundry was quite harsh on the xbox one version regarding aliasing and shadows compared to the other versions. I know a performance patch is inbound for xbox one, but is it possible the aliasing or shadows or reflections may get tweaked in future patches?

MysterG
11-05-2015, 06:59
Stuff may well get tweaked, the devs are continually looking to improve where they can, but it won't happen just because one review does not like something. ;)

spartanmike1978
11-05-2015, 07:10
Just a question, im sure theres more than one reader wondering the same thing

Rossifumi
11-05-2015, 07:22
It seems to me that this far the Xbox One version has less support/development compared to the PC en PS4 version. Hence the lack of manual selecting your lobby of choice in the multiplayer enviroment and the controller bugs.

Although, regardless of a lack of development or not, the PS4 version will always look better than a simular Xbox One version. The PS4 hardware is just that much better, we all know that by now.

spartanmike1978
11-05-2015, 07:45
Ps4 does have a hardware advantage no doubt, but im pretty sure forza 6, halo, and the new tombraider will look as good as anything on ps4, its what developers can do with the hardware, which is why it kinda hurts that project cars didnt hit 1080, when forza 5 a launch game did, fidelity is SO important in racers and shooters where you are constantly focusing into the distance.

misery guts
11-05-2015, 08:46
Microsoft have hinted that games made using DX11 could be converted to DX12 later on. I wonder if this is a possibility in time to come as that would provide quite significant improvements to the performance of the Xbox version.