PDA

View Full Version : Party Chat Cutting Out

PumaSpec
11-05-2015, 07:30
I can't seem to find this issue around here.

While playing Project Cars and in a private race together me and my friends can hardly hear each other because the XB1 party chat keeps cutting in and out.

Works fine if we are in the menu's but happens when we race (Kinda like when the game is doing more work/processing)

Yes we can go lobby chat but I just thought I would bring it up. Maybe it's linked to the issue with the 'Sound'..

CLUBLAND13
11-05-2015, 07:40
I'm having the same issues. Had 16 in the lobby last night but could only hear 2-3 of them, so had to set up 2 party chats.

Pepsighost
11-05-2015, 08:30
I was in a private lobby last night and the chat was problematic to say the least

Plough King
12-05-2015, 10:03
I'm getting this both single player (with party chat) and online (party chat + lobby), at random points in races i'd hear crackling in my chat headset and people talking would intermittently cut out. People would also complain about my voice cutting out.

This isn't just me, my friends and other lobby players complained about the same issue, and its definintely not an internet connectivity issue. When in a lobby or the game menus there isn't an issue, as soon as the race starts it starts going bonkers.

SHAGGYTOONZ
13-05-2015, 11:12
hey guys, me and my mates have the same issue, have you noticed its only when you brake or go off road a bit?

HBK
13-05-2015, 12:29
Seems to be tied to rumble effects. Happens a lot when braking (due to brake rumble effect).

Workaround is either disabling rumble effects or plugging the controller (usb charging cable).

Scottien
13-05-2015, 13:01
Same problem here.

Within party chat if you brake, go on the grass, over a curb then party chat cuts out :(

Attacker16
13-05-2015, 15:13
i found that turning the force feedback all the way down to 0 stopped this problem.

gizziegod
14-05-2015, 12:25
no this also happens when sitting in a lobby with three people and i can only hear one of them there is so much of this game that is broken

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 12:46
no this also happens when sitting in a lobby with three people and i can only hear one of them there is so much of this game that is broken

That sounds more like an Xbox Live issue, which also happens in other games, do you all have your NAT "open"?

FederalHercules
14-05-2015, 13:16
That sounds more like an Xbox Live issue, which also happens in other games, do you all have your NAT "open"?

It may very well be a XBOX Live issue. But before we get into a finger pointing quagmire, it would be great if SMS would look to this issue and confirm it is due to Xbox Live or NAT settings and help us the community go after Microsoft for a fix.

As for the issue at hand my friends and I have also experienced weird issues with the game while in a party such as:
- Online lobby host disconnecting from game when a new person joins the party.
- FFB disappearing when snapping party chat

Additionally we had issue with communication when using game chat instead of party chat. Some folks could speak to and hear other folks but nobody could talk to and hear everybody. I am sure someone else could articulate the issue better than myself.

To restate, I completely agree that XBOX Live and NAT is likely the culprit. But it would be great if a developer got behind the comm issues and actually helped enlighten the specific root causes instead of just trying to pass blame around.

Regarding NAT in general, it would be great if the world would just switch to IPv6 already!

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 14:29
It may very well be a XBOX Live issue. But before we get into a finger pointing quagmire, it would be great if SMS would look to this issue and confirm it is due to Xbox Live or NAT settings and help us the community go after Microsoft for a fix.

As for the issue at hand my friends and I have also experienced weird issues with the game while in a party such as:
- Online lobby host disconnecting from game when a new person joins the party.
- FFB disappearing when snapping party chat

Additionally we had issue with communication when using game chat instead of party chat. Some folks could speak to and hear other folks but nobody could talk to and hear everybody. I am sure someone else could articulate the issue better than myself.

To restate, I completely agree that XBOX Live and NAT is likely the culprit. But it would be great if a developer got behind the comm issues and actually helped enlighten the specific root causes instead of just trying to pass blame around.

Regarding NAT in general, it would be great if the world would just switch to IPv6 already!

It would be great if you and your friends could check your NAT so at least we can rule that out or not. The developers are working flat out trying to replicate the reported bugs and fix them, every help we can give will speed things up.

The FFB cutting out when snapped has been reported before and the game uses P2P connections for the multiplayer, which appears to have a few issues with the game momentarily freezing when someone joins/leaves and hosts can sometimes get locked out.

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 16:59
I was hosting with a 120/25 connection, wired, open nat. Pretty sure everyone had Wired/Open because we preach it in our group. Will double check tonight when we meet up again.

Raven403
14-05-2015, 17:54
I have had the same issues and have 50/50 and Open NAT and use a Hardwired connection.

Forzatographer
15-05-2015, 12:38
Having the same problem. Network is fine (wired 20Mbit connection), NAT is open, the party chat works perfectly with other games but if one (or more) friends are playing PCARS, the sound cut off multiple times.

PumaSpec
15-05-2015, 16:41
Yup, both me and my friends are cabled. Fibre optic min 30 mb. Nat settings all open. I have this little feeling that the sound issues in-game (stuttering) may be linked to this party chat issue too. Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone :P

Alexandru Marian
15-05-2015, 17:11
Just to get a bit of info to help us look into this further, are you guys using headsets or the Kinect + TV speakers as input & output?

EDIT: Also does the stuttering occur regardless of what you are doing or is it more pronounced when the controller or wheel is vibrating / FFB?

Raven403
15-05-2015, 17:14
Standard X1 headset connected to controller that is plugged into USB also using TX wheel

Rxhevntt
15-05-2015, 17:28
Just to get a bit of info to help us look into this further, are you guys using headsets or the Kinect + TV speakers as input & output?

EDIT: Also does the stuttering occur regardless of what you are doing or is it more pronounced when the controller or wheel is vibrating / FFB?

Connection: 50mb hardwired, Open NAT
Equipment: Thrustmaster TX; Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro
Bose CS1r Soundbar w/optical cable: Muted/OFF
Kinect: mic OFF

As to the edit: I will pay closer attention to this tonight.

Charles Gillen
15-05-2015, 17:32
It's an Xbone thing. Theres another popular racing game that does the exact same thing. When in party chat, one or more players cannot be heard by others. The quick fix is to unplug the headphones from the controller then plug it back in. Maybe has to do with who has joined more recently, or possibly connection issues.

Charles

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 17:33
120/25 wired, Open Nat, TB Stealth 500x

Will also pay attention tonight.

Forzatographer
15-05-2015, 18:04

Xbox One headset (Kinect mic is turned off). The headset is plugged into the XB1 pad (wireless).
I haven't paid attention to the controller's vibration. I'll check tonight.

@Charles Gillen: Which game are you talking about? FM5? FH2? I haven't had this kind of issue and I've spent lots of hours playing both games while being in a party chat with my friends.

Charles Gillen
15-05-2015, 18:31
My appologies, I should have been more specific. Horizon 2 is the game I was refering to. Im a member of ItMe club and we tend to join one another through our friends list. More often than not, at least one or more members cannot be heard in voice chat by everyone in the room. You can see the mic icon flashing, but no voice. Some can hear it others cannot. We have found that by unplugging the mic from the connector on our controllers then reconnectinng you can then hear that persons voice.

Charles

PumaSpec
15-05-2015, 18:56

I will also pay attention tonight. Pretty sure it's on and off every 5 seconds or so. Maybe when breaking into corners.. I will report back.

/ Wireless XB1 controller. Standard Headset. Does it both on wired and wireless. T.V sound output / voice only through headset.

PumaSpec
15-05-2015, 22:52
Happens all the time :(

Forzatographer
16-05-2015, 07:53
I checked and It happens every time I hit the brakes.

RedDevil71
20-05-2015, 17:19
It only happens on project cars, none of my other games have this issue.

RedDevil71
20-05-2015, 17:20
For me it happens when i hit the brakes, go off track slightly and when changing gear.

vglnte102
20-05-2015, 18:35
Same here.

Krylon Blue
21-05-2015, 02:11
This happens when you're hitting the brakes or if your tires hit off the track. Basically almost anything that forces the rumble to activate does this. I did notice when braking my friend can still hear me talk but I won't hear them until I'm done.

jcwins
28-05-2015, 15:23
For me not only the party chat is cutting, but the game sound is too

d4ninho
28-05-2015, 18:01
yep for us too, also every time 1 person joined the lobby it kicked another out,lol

chat did not work and needs attention fast as being able to communicate online is a major plus for online races if you don't want lobbies full of wrecks.
also we need servers, and good ones if this is going to be a good online racing game.